Make Trade With Marlins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Make Trade With Marlins?

The Florida Marlins have liked Middlebrooks and have been linked to the 3rd man. How about this deal with Florida? Not sure if they would do it but worth a shot:

Marlins Receive:

Middlebrooks-3b

Jackie Bradley Jr-CF

Bryce Brentz-RF

Red Sox receive:

Andrew Heaney- lefty starting pitching prospect

CHRISTIAN YELICH- CF (he becomes our CF)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Re: Make Trade With Marlins?

Yelichs great, the Marlins don't need to move him... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You'd hve to add Owens just to get the Marlins to answer the phone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon! Hawking a team's best players HAS to be easier than that!

Just ask them! They'll see what a wreck the Sox are and do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just ask them! They'll see what a wreck the Sox are and do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see any reason to panic. The Sox have been the most successful team in baseball over the past 10 years.

They currently have the best farm system in all of baseall. They should stay the course.

It should be obvious to all that 2014 is the Tigers year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If we threw in Nava, they would probably give us Stanton too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we threw in Nava, they would probably give us Stanton too.

[/QUOTE]

No, I think you'd also have to toss in Doubront. No way the Marlins say no to that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

and clay for Fernandez.... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

"It should be obvious to all that 2014 is the Tigers year."

The Detroit Tigers? Or the Hanshin Tigers?

The Detroit Tigers were just swept by the Cleveland Indians and lost again last night to the Rangers in the first game of that series. The last game they won was v Boston.

They may have the greatest hitter in the game but they also have a few warts too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Detroit Tigers were just swept by the Cleveland Indians and lost again last night to the Rangers in the first game of that series. The last game they won was v Boston.

They may have the greatest hitter in the game but they also have a few warts too.

[/QUOTE]

It is still way too early -- and will be for a while -- to tell whose year it is and isn't going to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see any reason to panic. The Sox have been the most successful team in baseball over the past 10 years.

They currently have the best farm system in all of baseall. They should stay the course.

[/QUOTE]

Best farm team in baseball. ? You mean on paper?  Boggy is ok ... Who else?....Rather just win games and have bad farm system. Farm systems today are all about the money down the road.Can we keep these kids? Heck no !!! We showcase players for teams that want to spend. Sure we have players with talent just keeping them is something else. What I see is that the sox are a breeding ground for Yankees or any team that spends. We can have all the best we want ,just that we will soon watch them playing for another team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Best farm team in baseball. ? You mean on paper?  Boggy is ok ... Who else?....Rather just win games and have bad farm system. Farm systems today are all about the money down the road.Can we keep these kids? Heck no !!! We showcase players for teams that want to spend. Sure we have players with talent just keeping them is something else. What I see is that the sox are a breeding ground for Yankees or any team that spends. We can have all the best we want ,just that we will soon watch them playing for another team.

So, complaint of the day is that the Sox lose all their young players because they aren't willing to spend to keep them? We just develop them for other teams? Lol, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here in terms of whining material.

Pedroia, Lester, Buchholz, Youkilis are among those in recent years who would beg to differ. Ellsbury spent 6 years here, gave us some very good seasons, and then left for a bigger payday...that hardly makes us the Marlins. (BTW, keep repeating how we should have paid $160 million for him, when he is hitting .265 with a .718 OPS...those posts will be fun to dig up a few years from now.) Same goes for Papelbon. Who else are you talking about? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is still way too early -- and will be for a while -- to tell whose year it is and isn't going to be.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, absolutely, that's what I believe.Two months down four to go, anything can happen from critical injuries to pick-ups before the trade deadline. Especially the ALE that race is wide open.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Other than Ellsbury and Papelbon which Sox prospects just left the Sox in Free Agency?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, absolutely, that's what I believe.Two months down four to go, anything can happen from critical injuries to pick-ups before the trade deadline. Especially the ALE that race is wide open.

[/QUOTE]

It is too early, but clearly, the Tigers are the elite and most balanced team, so far. Barring major injuries, I think they are the favorite this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is too early, but clearly, the Tigers are the elite and most balanced team, so far. Barring major injuries, I think they are the favorite this year.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

But if you're going to give marks for the best team thus far in the AL you would have to give it to Oakland who btw has a better overall and road record than the Tigers.

But that being said it's still to early to say who is the best and to claim this year belongs to a certain team.

How many so called experts picked the Sox to go all the way last year in May? I thing Detroit was the fav.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

But if you're going to give marks for the best team thus far in the AL you would have to give it to Oakland who btw has a better overall and road record than the Tigers.

But that being said it's still to early to say who is the best and to claim this year belongs to a certain team.

How many so called experts picked the Sox to go all the way last year in May? I thing Detroit was the fav.

[/QUOTE]

I didnt say anything about record, TWM. I went into the season believing the Tigers were the overall favorite, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. They clearly have the best starting rotation in baseball, one of, if not the best lineup and got a decent closer in Nathan. It will come down to pitching and health. I agreed its still too early, and I'm not crowning anyone, it's just my opinion.

They're a great organization, with a good GM and owner, who has waited a long time for a championship. They've been after it for several years and it a small window, that is closing, it's now or never. I wouldn't mind seeing them finally win it, just would prefer to see it with Leyland, at the helm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Florida Marlins have liked Middlebrooks and have been linked to the 3rd man. How about this deal with Florida? Not sure if they would do it but worth a shot:

Marlins Receive:

Middlebrooks-3b

Jackie Bradley Jr-CF

Bryce Brentz-RF

Red Sox receive:

[/QUOTE]

Why would the Marlins take junk for even Yelich? LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tigers and Giants if Cain isn't out for long

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you want to make a trade with Marlins, they would do it in the winter time.  But now they are only 2 games behind the Braves.  Marlins is going to stay pact until the month of July, and then see where they are in the standing.

Marlins Receive:

Middlebrooks-3b

Jackie Bradley Jr-CF

Bryce Brentz-RF

Red Sox receive:

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

J-BAY's comment:

I didnt say anything about record, TWM. I went into the season believing the Tigers were the overall favorite, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. They clearly have the best starting rotation in baseball, one of, if not the best lineup and got a decent closer in Nathan. It will come down to pitching and health. I agreed its still too early, and I'm not crowning anyone, it's just my opinion.

They're a great organization, with a good GM and owner, who has waited a long time for a championship. They've been after it for several years and it a small window, that is closing, it's now or never. I wouldn't mind seeing them finally win it, just would prefer to see it with Leyland, at the helm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You're entitled to your opinion.

Bill Parcells once said you are only as good as your record shows.

Oakland currently has better pitching than Detroit and why they have a better record than the Tigers.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/year/2014/seasontype/2

I would not pin a team a favorite just based on where recent winners have come from as far as preseason favorites go.

There are no clear cut favorites I can see, all of the good teams could be knocked from contention with the loss of one player. Health plays a hugh role. Plus we still have the trade deadline coming up. Things can change overnight.

Just too early imo to make statements like that. 

I do like Cabrera and I do think he's in a class all by himself. Only two players in the history of the game have won two triple crowns, Rogers Hornsby and Ted Williams.

Cabrera was on course to win two back to back before his injury last season which is just unheard of.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

So, complaint of the day is that the Sox lose all their young players because they aren't willing to spend to keep them? We just develop them for other teams? Lol, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here in terms of whining material.

Pedroia, Lester, Buchholz, Youkilis are among those in recent years who would beg to differ. Ellsbury spent 6 years here, gave us some very good seasons, and then left for a bigger payday...that hardly makes us the Marlins. (BTW, keep repeating how we should have paid $160 million for him, when he is hitting .265 with a .718 OPS...those posts will be fun to dig up a few years from now.) Same goes for Papelbon. Who else are you talking about? 

[/QUOTE]

Everytime I read his posts, I feel my IQ dropping. I'll be a babbling moron soon I don't stop.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's true with all 'small market teams.'

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"the ALE that race is wide open"

The ALE this season is a collection of nobody.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hingham Hammer's comment:

"the ALE that race is wide open"

The ALE this season is a collection of nobody.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A lot of key injuries but no team is playing particularly well.

I don't get all the complaining here regarding the Sox. They're still within striking distance and it's still very early.