Make your picks ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Make your picks ?

It seems that Cherington is looking for LF RF SS(vet) 1B SP and another closer/ bullpen help. All I am asking from you is no rights or wrongs just pick the player that will fit these positions via trade from  or FA your personal opinion. Does not matter if we have the same players involve with one another picks. Lets see who is the best couch potato GM.

In total we have six positions pick another four to make it out of ten, when the season begins lets see who has the best result.

SS Johnny Peralta      2 year deal

C/1B Mike Napoli        2 year deal

LF Melky Cabera        1 year deal with options

RF Cody Ross             4 year deal

SP Dan Haren             3 year deal

CL/BP  Fyuji Fujikawa  2 year deal

Trade to NYM's Salty Doubront and Ciriaco for Dickey

Grady Sizemore to minor league deal

Frasor BP ex blue jay 2 year deal

Padilla BP  for 2 year deal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Make your picks ?

The Tigers exercised their 2013 option on Jhonny Peralta on October 30:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/tigers-exercise-2013-options-for-dotel-peralta.html

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sign LF Josh Hamilton for 4 yrs + 2yrs option

Trade Salty, Gomez, Britton to WS for Konerko 1B

Sign SP Dan Haren for 3 yrs

Trade Lackey + cash to Cubs for Bryan LaHair RF/1B

Sign SS Stephen Drew for 2 yrs

Trade Brentz, Iglesias, Doubront, Owen, Swihart, Webster to DBacks for Upton and Bauer

Sign McCarty for 3 yrs

Lineup

Ells(CF)-Pedey(2B)-Hamilton(LF)-Konerko(1B)-Ortiz(DH)-Upton(RF)-WMB(3B)-Lava(C)-Drew(SS)

Bench

LaHair(OF/1B), Ross(C), Ciriaco(IF), Sands(OF)

Rotation

Lester-Haren-Buch-MaCarthy-Bauer

BP

Morales, Miller, C. Carpenter, Melancon, Taz, Breslow, Bailey

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

It seems that Cherington is looking for LF RF SS(vet) 1B SP and another closer/ bullpen help. All I am asking from you is no rights or wrongs just pick the player that will fit these positions via trade from  or FA your personal opinion. Does not matter if we have the same players involve with one another picks. Lets see who is the best couch potato GM.

In total we have six positions pick another four to make it out of ten, when the season begins lets see who has the best result.

SS Johnny Peralta      2 year deal

C/1B Mike Napoli        2 year deal

RF Cody Ross             4 year deal

SP Dan Haren             3 year deal

CL/BP  Fyuji Fujikawa  2 year deal

Trade to NYM's Salty Doubront and Ciriaco for Dickey

Grady Sizemore to minor league deal

Frasor BP ex blue jay 2 year deal

Padilla BP  for 2 year deal

There are some assumptions made that would impact the decision making process here...including the trade specifications to acquire Dickey and the length of contract for Cody Ross.

With that said, here are my thoughts to your post

• SS Johnny Peralta      2 year deal
    • C/1B Mike Napoli        2 year deal - Definitely consider him, but would prefer LaRoche or a trade for Morneau.

RF Cody Ross             4 year deal - No way I'd give him a 4 year deal -- 2 years tops, and would sign him for $10mill each...slight overpay for shorter term

SP Dan Haren             3 year deal - OK if he passes a physical...back issues concerning.

CL/BP  Fyuji Fujikawa  2 year deal - Who is this guy and not willing to roll dice with a Japanese player being closer.

Trade to NYM's Salty Doubront and Ciriaco for Dickey - Way too much to give for a 38 year old knuckler...no way I give Doubront in that deal.

Grady Sizemore to minor league deal - If he's willing to take a 1 year deal I'd give him a major league deal.

Frasor BP ex blue jay 2 year deal - I don't think bullpen is a priority unless they plan to trade part of their group of Bailey, Bard, Hill, Miller, Breslow, Tazawa, Aceves & Achison

Padilla BP  for 2 year deal - I would consider him filling a bullpen role if there is one, as he did a good job last year...but a two year deal may not work unless someone from the list above is not moved.

Other names to consider - Shin Sho Choo, Michael Morse, Alex Gordon, Giancarlo Stanton or Brett Anderson acquired in trades.

Other free agents - Brandon McCarthy, Anibal Sanchez, Shaun Marcom, Nick Swisher, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Sign LF Josh Hamilton for 4 yrs + 2yrs option

For what 30 million a year? Think before you post.

I can't wait until you can't keep listing "my lineup Elllsbury" every losing season.

Instead of insulting everyones ideas, lets here your hairbrain thoughts...This ought to be good...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

SP Dan Haren on 2yr deal w/ option based on starts

1B/C Napoli on 3 yr deal even if its a slight overpay.  We need big RH bat in middle of lineup

RF trade for Shin Soo Choo w/ Lavarnway, Britton or Ranaudo as centerpices

LF platoon Kalish/Sands as L-R combo

BP no big moves unless someone overpays for Aceves in trade

Lineup:

CF Ellsbury
    2B Pedroia
    RF Choo
    1B Napoli
    DH Papi
    3B Middlebrooks
    C Salty/Ross
    LF Kalish/Sands
    SS Iglesias

U Ciriaco
    IF Gomez
    OF Linares

SP Lester
    SP Haren
    SP Buchholz
    SP Doubront
    SP Lackey
    Spot Starter Aceves

Bailey
    Tazawa
    Bard
    Miller
    Morales

That is 25 man roster

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why there are few people are so high on Choo?  He is only 5 11 and 205lbs going to be 31 years old.  He bat left, and only hit 16 hrs last year along with 150 strikeouts. Really I do not want him.

I rather to have overpaid Hamilton, Mornenu or Mauer than having Choo.

I would go with Ellsbury (CF), Pedy (2B), Papi (DH), Hamilton (LF), Napoli (1B), Salty or Lavarnway (whoever is going to be trade) sharing duty with Ross (C), WMB (3B), C. Ross (RF), Ciriaco/Iggy.

P = Lester, Bucholtz, Lackey, Doubront and Haren or Sanchez.  If Lavarnway or Salty is traded, it is more likely that they will be use as a trade bait for pitching)

BP = Bailey, Melancon, Bard, Miller, Blesow, Aceves, Tazawa, Morales (one of the man will be the odd man out which I am not sure which one)

Bench = Iggy/Ciriaco, Ross, Kalish, Sand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

1B/C Napoli on 3 yr deal even if its a slight overpay.  We need big RH bat in middle of lineup

Lineup:

CF Ellsbury
    2B Pedroia
    RF Choo
    1B Napoli
    DH Papi
    3B Middlebrooks
    C Salty/Ross
    LF Kalish/Sands
    SS Iglesias

U Ciriaco
    IF Gomez
    OF Linares

SP Lester
    SP Haren
    SP Buchholz
    SP Doubront
    SP Lackey
    Spot Starter Aceves

Bailey
    Tazawa
    Bard
    Miller
    Morales

That is 25 man roster

The Sox usually keep a 7 man bullpen, or at least they have in the past, so expect that Linares would be replaced by Breslow or Hill in your 6 man bullpen....plus I would give Morales the edge as the spot starter over Aceves (if he survives).

Also, I don't think Sands makes the team either and would expect a RHB veteran OF be brought in to work with Kalish...Choo wins the RF job if they get him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Out of the deals you mentioned I'd go w/ the Napoli and Cabrera deals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Ross and Napoli should be considered if the market is a 2 year deal. Otherwise, none of these bums should be considered. Avoid Dickey like the plague. A blind hog, and an old one in the NL in Queenietown.

Maybe you should read my post. I said their is right or wrong. Just make a pick and see how good you are predicting.

At least I will admit that I am wrong about Melky Cabrera.

I pick Dickey cause he is knuckle baller and I am fan of these type of pitchers. Personally  I want to see another knuckle ball pitcher on the mound for a team that I like also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Melky just signed two years/16mm with the Blue Jays...meaning he is off the free agency listing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Melky just signed two years/16mm with the Blue Jays...meaning he is off the free agency listing!

Yeah i know so far my batting avg. is off to bad start. LOL

Good news though I live in southern ontario,  1 hour from Toronto at least when my favorite team the Red Sox come to Toronto for a series these two teams rival will be more intensifying now. Can't wait for baseball season to start cause it sure is boring with no hockey to watch at the moment NHL that is.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Southfaux, I've already provided my detailed 40 man roster trade and acquisition for FA and trade market,  at least 20 times over on other threads. And, it doesn't include paying market for Hamilton. Get over it. The guy just said 3 or 4 years and sign Hamilton, and gave nothing else. Sorry, but a budget to pay the market is required to actually acquire these names.

So, you are admitting you are the 6 other aliases?

(BTW, it was not 20 times- more like 2.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Southfaux, I've already provided my detailed 40 man roster trade and acquisition for FA and trade market,  at least 20 times over on other threads. And, it doesn't include paying market for Hamilton. Get over it. The guy just said 3 or 4 years and sign Hamilton, and gave nothing else. Sorry, but a budget to pay the market is required to actually acquire these names.

fine. Now give us a realistic projection.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Napoli is my pick.  Career OPS of .863. Mike Lowell's career OPS (for comparitive purposes): .805, Pedey's: .830. That is a sizable difference.  Napoli has a HR in 6.6% of his at-bats.  Thats the all time best for a C (better than Piazza and VMART).  I wouldnt expect these numbers to decrease if he moves to a ballpark that is perfect for his swing.  Fenway is perfect for his swing.  We've had good success signing guys w Fenway swings (Beltre, C. Ross).  He's a good fit for the sox (works counts, draws walks, righty pull hitter).

I like the versatility w Napoli as well.  You can start the year w Lava behind the plate and Naps at 1B.  If Lava struggles, you can slide Napoli to C and address 1B mid-season (Gomez, Sands, trade).  I feel that Naps struggles at C are overblown.  The guy has seven years of experience working w pitching staffs and calling pitches.  At 31 years old , Napoli is my pick.  PS he had a nagging hamstring injury last year and still had an OPS > .800.  The stick is for real.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Lineup:

CF Ellsbury
    2B Pedroia
    RF Choo
    1B Napoli
    DH Papi
    3B Middlebrooks
    C Salty/Ross
    LF Kalish/Sands
    SS Iglesias

U Ciriaco
    IF Gomez
    OF Linares

SP Lester
    SP Haren
    SP Buchholz
    SP Doubront
    SP Lackey
    Spot Starter Aceves

Bailey
    Tazawa
    Bard
    Miller
    Morales

That is 25 man roster

I like this.  Well done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Why there are few people are so high on Choo?  He is only 5 11 and 205lbs going to be 31 years old.  He bat left, and only hit 16 hrs last year along with 150 strikeouts. Really I do not want him.

I rather to have overpaid Hamilton, Mornenu or Mauer than having Choo.

I would go with Ellsbury (CF), Pedy (2B), Papi (DH), Hamilton (LF), Napoli (1B), Salty or Lavarnway (whoever is going to be trade) sharing duty with Ross (C), WMB (3B), C. Ross (RF), Ciriaco/Iggy.

P = Lester, Bucholtz, Lackey, Doubront and Haren or Sanchez.  If Lavarnway or Salty is traded, it is more likely that they will be use as a trade bait for pitching)

BP = Bailey, Melancon, Bard, Miller, Blesow, Aceves, Tazawa, Morales (one of the man will be the odd man out which I am not sure which one)

Bench = Iggy/Ciriaco, Ross, Kalish, Sand.

Re Choo: The body of work and consistent results are there. I understand that he is undersized, but he is a virtual lock for .280, 15 HR, 20 SB.  And he's available.  The downside of Choo is that he only has one yr left on his current contract.  So we'd be trading for only one yr of him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Yeah i know so far my batting avg. is off to bad start. LOL

Good news though I live in southern ontario,  1 hour from Toronto at least when my favorite team the Red Sox come to Toronto for a series these two teams rival will be more intensifying now. Can't wait for baseball season to start cause it sure is boring with no hockey to watch at the moment NHL that is.

I hear you , man.  I miss the NHL too.  At least Condit/GSP tomorrow night .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Lineup:

CF Ellsbury
    2B Pedroia
    RF Choo
    1B Napoli
    DH Papi
    3B Middlebrooks
    C Salty/Ross
    LF Kalish/Sands
    SS Iglesias

U Ciriaco
    IF Gomez
    OF Linares

SP Lester
    SP Haren
    SP Buchholz
    SP Doubront
    SP Lackey
    Spot Starter Aceves

Bailey
    Tazawa
    Bard
    Miller
    Morales

That is 25 man roster

I like this.  Well done.

Thanks for the props Drew.  I did forget about Melancon and Breslow in the bullpen, but it just highlights that we have depth there, and a ML ready arm or two could be part of any trade.  We also have depth in Mortenson, Carpenter, and Atchison.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1 Victorino 3 yrs. great club guy.  2. Napoli 3 yrs.  3 Saunders. 4. Mike Adams or Ryan Madson. 5 Ross 3yrs. 

trade Jacoby in pkg with Xavier salty for ACab and Masterson

Victorino/Pedroia/ACab/PapiRoss/Napoli/WM/Lava/Kalish

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

1 Victorino 3 yrs. great club guy.  2. Napoli 3 yrs.  3 Saunders. 4. Mike Adams or Ryan Madson. 5 Ross 3yrs. 

trade Jacoby in pkg with Xavier salty for ACab and Masterson

Victorino/Pedroia/ACab/PapiRoss/Napoli/WM/Lava/Kalish

What up, Shupe?  Good to see you around these parts.  How's the crime fighting going?

Sections
Shortcuts