Man Up, Who were the bootlickers who said I was wrong about Beckett?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Man Up, Who were the bootlickers who said I was wrong about Beckett?

During Hot Stove 2011? I said he was a cancer, and he would be gone because he was the single most responsible person for 2011 disaster. Instead I got a whole bunch of baseballreference.com bs about how 2011 was a GREAT year for Slosh and he was an ace, their best best pitcher and a good guy....

History repeats itself huh?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Man Up, Who were the bootlickers who said I was wrong about Beckett?

You were the bootlicker that said I was wrong about Bobby V.

I was wrong about Beckett though I will man up on that.

Pedroia and Beckett have nothing to do with each other.

One hustles constantly and works his azz off.  the other drinks contstantly and has a big azz.

Don't get the comparison my friend.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I liked Beckett and thought he would turn it around this year.

Maybe you are ahead of the curve on pedi ,but that's not how we do things around here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

That was me you had to pay off when you were wrong.

In the Bronx, we're trained to hunt down the easy money.  What kind of bet our you looking for now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

lol Joey....sorry if you were as dumb as Ben C in seeing reality...but even he came out of his coma...you, not so much!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked Beckett and thought he would turn it around this year.

Maybe you are ahead of the curve on pedi ,but that's not how we do things around here.

[/QUOTE]

obviously...you have to lick hard to be accepted here....god forbid someone use common sense over sabermetricnonsense 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lol Joey....sorry if you were as dumb as Ben C in seeing reality...but even he came out of his coma...you, not so much!

[/QUOTE]

Who won the bet-me.

Who lost the bet-you.

Like I told you, that's the reason why I like gambling propositions.  It separates the wheat from the chaff.  And usually the arrogant from their money.  You can run your mouth all day, but you can't run away from the fact that I won and you lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

obviously...you have to lick hard to be accepted here....god forbid someone use common sense over sabermetricnonsense 

Do you prefer to be called Bobby Bootlicker or a Flatearther?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Um, well, as a matter of fact you were wrong, geo.  You said Beckett was going to be traded before the start of the season. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yea ok, i was wrong about beckett....too funny...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I will always be thankful to Beckett for winning game 5 of the 2007 ALCS against Cleveland.

Beckett pitched a gem that night.

The Red Sox built a lot of momentum after that game 5 victory. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Are you, the Bobby V bootlicker, prepared to admit you were wrong?

You're becoming a serious drag.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm worried about how much payroll flexibility that your team now has. It ahould be an interesting free agent marketplace this winter.

[/QUOTE]

My preference would be to engage in smaller deals, with shorter durations, rather than fully commit.  It isn't the cap constraint we had last off-season, but in previous years, even being on the borderline of the cap might have kept us from trading deadline deals.

And even at that, it isn't so much the absolute spending flexibility that counts as much as we need exactly one thing-an ace.  And I'm not sure money is the only answer to that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is the first step towards self-actualization:  the ability to admit you were wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT BECKETT BUT I STILL SAY HIS TRADE ALONG WITH CC AND AGON IS A MISTAKE. I STILL BELIEVE HE IS BETTER THAN WHAT HE HAS SHOWN. I ALSO DON'T SEE HOW A GUY WHO FINISHED THE LAST 6 STARTS ON A SPRAINED ANKLE IN 2011 IS THE PRIME REASON FOR THE 2011 FAILURE. I ALSO STAND BY WHAT JOE MADDON SAID ABOUT THE C & B "IT IS BS AND ALL CLUBHOUSES HAVE SOMETHINF LIKE THAT GOING ON ALL THE TIME."  

GETTING RID OF ALL 3 WAS A MISTAKE JUST LIKE NOT SIGNING PAPS WAS.

SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT I JUST HAD TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT SURGERY AND CAPS LOOKS BETTER THAT SMALL LETTERS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm worried about how much payroll flexibility that your team now has. It ahould be an interesting free agent marketplace this winter.

[/QUOTE]

My preference would be to engage in smaller deals, with shorter durations, rather than fully commit.  It isn't the cap constraint we had last off-season, but in previous years, even being on the borderline of the cap might have kept us from trading deadline deals.

And even at that, it isn't so much the absolute spending flexibility that counts as much as we need exactly one thing-an ace.  And I'm not sure money is the only answer to that.

[/QUOTE]

I think that's the way to go, Joe.  Big money is ok, as long as it is short term. Thanks to the Dodgers, they now have all of the flexibility in the world.  The Twins are in full rebuild mode, so I would like to think they'll explore Morneau, as he is just the type of short term/big dollars player who would fit that mold.  There will be more of those types of options available as well.

They needed to change the clubhouse culture first and foremost and the Dodgers gift and the Valentine exit were huge first steps.  I think you'll see a lot of Sox players more relaxed next spring, actually enjoying the game again after the Valentine debacle, the removal of some guys who didn't seem to "fit" and a full year removed from the "collapse.' 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

During Hot Stove 2011? I said he was a cancer, and he would be gone because he was the single most responsible person for 2011 disaster. Instead I got a whole bunch of baseballreference.com bs about how 2011 was a GREAT year for Slosh and he was an ace, their best best pitcher and a good guy....History repeats itself huh?

And I also like how everyone who doesn't agree with you is now a bootlicker. Very nice. I haven't always agreed with you, but I used to at least be able to respect you. Now... not so much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

.v,b,depvkeomvwk q''//cqdff

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT BECKETT BUT I STILL SAY HIS TRADE ALONG WITH CC AND AGON IS A MISTAKE. I STILL BELIEVE HE IS BETTER THAN WHAT HE HAS SHOWN. I ALSO DON'T SEE HOW A GUY WHO FINISHED THE LAST 6 STARTS ON A SPRAINED ANKLE IN 2011 IS THE PRIME REASON FOR THE 2011 FAILURE. I ALSO STAND BY WHAT JOE MADDON SAID ABOUT THE C & B "IT IS BS AND ALL CLUBHOUSES HAVE SOMETHINF LIKE THAT GOING ON ALL THE TIME."  

SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT I JUST HAD TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT SURGERY AND CAPS LOOKS BETTER THAT SMALL LETTERS.

[/QUOTE]

That is called the Bill-806 disease. You need immediate medical attention!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

During Hot Stove 2011? I said he was a cancer, and he would be gone because he was the single most responsible person for 2011 disaster. Instead I got a whole bunch of baseballreference.com bs about how 2011 was a GREAT year for Slosh and he was an ace, their best best pitcher and a good guy....History repeats itself huh?

And I also like how everyone who doesn't agree with you is now a bootlicker. Very nice. I haven't always agreed with you, but I used to at least be able to respect you. Now... not so much.

[/QUOTE]
    lighten up carnie...term of endearment....i have folks calling me a BV bootlicker...touche...not true but funny

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What happened and what were the symptoms?  I have trouble getting my right arm above my shoulder.  The doc gave me an anti-imflammotory which helped a little, but it is almost back to where it was with the pain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is the first step towards self-actualization:  the ability to admit you were wrong.

[/QUOTE]

When would that begin for you Joe?

Sections
Shortcuts