Man Up, Who were the bootlickers who said I was wrong about Beckett?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Man Up, Who were the bootlickers who said I was wrong about Beckett?

You trash everyone.  Sooner or later you might get one right.  This was more Law of Averages than actual perception.

And really, calling him the most responsible person for 2011 is still debatable, especially considering he was injured for September...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yea ok, i was wrong about beckett....too funny...

[/QUOTE]

It is the first step towards self-actualization:  the ability to admit you were wrong.

[/QUOTE]

When would that begin for you Joe?

[/QUOTE]

It's an ongoing process.

If the first step towards self-actualization is to admit when you are wrong, then the second step towards self-actualization is knowing the journey is never complete.  It makes life rather interesting.  Oddly enough, by self-actualizing, you keep moving the goal posts further away, but the goal posts get correspondingly bigger and and more fulfilling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You trash everyone.  Sooner or later you might get one right.  This was more Law of Averages than actual perception.

And really, calling him the most responsible person for 2011 is still debatable, especially considering he was injured for September...

[/QUOTE]

Considering he was the 2nd best pitcher in BB until he slipped off the mound in TO, then his statement makes less than his other statements, which in itself is remarkable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Considering he was the 2nd best pitcher in BB until he slipped off the mound in TO, then his statement makes less than his other statements, which in itself is remarkable.

[/QUOTE]

Well, without andrewmitch, I guess georom has assumed the role of begging for congratulations for his own negativity.  I only wonder nowe if he will hold on to some of them for years until they pan out...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it is not my fault if you were embarrasingly duped by Beckett...he was a slug and many people knew it (except the so-called "experts" on this board...nothing coincidental about that Notin - you just werent paying attention....no need to drag others down for drinking the francona/theo kool-aid...

btw i have already predicted that ben is going thru a charade of interviewing folk when he already has decided on Farrell....i may not be right but it is something i firmly believe....and like i said last week this is a big mistake because it contradicts his own message about "changing the culture"...but if you read my wise post last week, i keenly stated its all about the brand and secrecy with the Sox, not winning....i can not help it if i am insightful and you and Joey are like the rainman - answering a question from last week......try to keep up and by gosh, try to say what MIGHT happen in the next season as opposed to what happened already....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

NOTIN: You trash everyone.  Sooner or later you might get one right.  This was more Law of Averages than actual perception.

Funny you should say "Law."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT BECKETT BUT I STILL SAY HIS TRADE ALONG WITH CC AND AGON IS A MISTAKE. I STILL BELIEVE HE IS BETTER THAN WHAT HE HAS SHOWN. I ALSO DON'T SEE HOW A GUY WHO FINISHED THE LAST 6 STARTS ON A SPRAINED ANKLE IN 2011 IS THE PRIME REASON FOR THE 2011 FAILURE. I ALSO STAND BY WHAT JOE MADDON SAID ABOUT THE C & B "IT IS BS AND ALL CLUBHOUSES HAVE SOMETHINF LIKE THAT GOING ON ALL THE TIME."  

GETTING RID OF ALL 3 WAS A MISTAKE JUST LIKE NOT SIGNING PAPS WAS.

SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT I JUST HAD TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT SURGERY AND CAPS LOOKS BETTER THAT SMALL LETTERS.

[/QUOTE]

What happened and what were the symptoms?  I have trouble getting my right arm above my shoulder.  The doc gave me an anti-imflammotory which helped a little, but it is almost back to where it was with the pain.

[/QUOTE]

no to very little cartiledge, bone spurs wfich caused the ball to sit out of toward the back of the shoulder joint. I've had both done now and the first gave me more range of motion than I ever had since I was in my 20's. Operation usually takes 2.5 hours but both of mine took 3.5 because they were worse than what xray and mri showed. Plus I guess the anatomy of my shoulders did not match the medical books. except for recovery best thing I have done to my shoulder. Btw my anatomy was so messed up he could not put the muscle in my right arm back to where it should have went. Only issue is I can not throw like I could before. Guy who did mine works on the Pirates minor league players here in Bradenton. As do all IMG athlets in Bradenton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

i can not help it if i am insightful and you and Joey are like the rainman - answering a question from last week...

Your insightful has bankrupted more poker players than all other causes combined.  I was right, and you were wrong.  Try to focus on being right instead of being insightful.

But FWIW, I agree on Farrell.  I have no idea if he'll be a good manager or not, but I get a strong feeling that they've already decided on Farrell, and everything else is CYA to be able to say they did their due diligence.  Everything that they've said so far is about identical to what they said last year about BV.

Intuitively, they knew they were firing BV a month ago.  Therefore, they should've known exactly who their top 3-4 candidates were before the end of the season.  How is it that CL and Houston have already hired their guy?

It can only be if they are trying to work out a deal with TO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

joey, the bet was made at the end of the hot stove after i ranted about beckett being a goner after his 2011 nonsense...you wanted it to be by spring training...ok i played along but gimme a break...you were one of his biggest defenders...no shame in saying you were duped by the texas con man II....i was exactly right about his cancer...just four months off on the timing...not bad prediction considering the guy was signed for another 3 years and considered the ace of the team, money in the playoffs, right?  not a lot of people saw that coming...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

joey, the bet was made at the end of the hot stove after i ranted about beckett being a goner after his 2011 nonsense...you wanted it to be by spring training...ok i played along but gimme a break...you were one of his biggest defenders...no shame in saying you were duped by the texas con man II....i was exactly right about his cancer...just four months off on the timing...not bad prediction considering the guy was signed for another 3 years and considered the ace of the team, money in the playoffs, right?  not a lot of people saw that coming...

[/QUOTE]

OK GOD YOU WERE ASSOLUTELY RIGHT BUT WTFC

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

joey, the bet was made at the end of the hot stove after i ranted about beckett being a goner after his 2011 nonsense...you wanted it to be by spring training...

Nope, you were the one that said it would be spring training.  The odds against that happening were 100-1 at the time, but I knew you couldn't calculate or figure out why.  So I figured I'd follow Calvera's advice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

it is not my fault if you were embarrasingly duped by Beckett...he was a slug and many people knew it (except the so-called "experts" on this board...nothing coincidental about that Notin - you just werent paying attention....no need to drag others down for drinking the francona/theo kool-aid...

btw i have already predicted that ben is going thru a charade of interviewing folk when he already has decided on Farrell....i may not be right but it is something i firmly believe....and like i said last week this is a big mistake because it contradicts his own message about "changing the culture"...but if you read my wise post last week, i keenly stated its all about the brand and secrecy with the Sox, not winning....i can not help it if i am insightful and you and Joey are like the rainman - answering a question from last week......try to keep up and by gosh, try to say what MIGHT happen in the next season as opposed to what happened already....

[/QUOTE]

The Sox interest in Farrell is not exactly a well kept secret.  In fact, its actually news when they are interviewing other candidates.

Yss, you were down on Beckett.  Your negativity was ahead of the curve.  Be proud of that.  You have also been down on Pedroia, Buchholz, Lester, Francona and probably Santa Claus at some point.

If you like, I canb offer my insights into what MIGHT happen in the future.  But please, there is no need to rehash the past.  you've been psoting on this board with me long enough to know I do PLENTY of prediction threads, although some of them are more for facetious purposes.  The ones that are not, however, need not be taken seriously, sicne its not as if the team is out here looking for my opinion on how to run things.

However, there is usually more truth to the serious ones than you might think...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i dont think i have ever said a negative thing about clay...i like him and enjoy watching him pitch...i have little criticism of lester except to say he is quite rotund (like all sox pitchers) and frequently seems miserable but i like him as well and want him to stick around....francona was what he was, a hack with pr skills (which why he had to settle for cleveland)....as far as the Bobby Valentine nonsense, I started a very nice thread in August saying he deserved to be fired...you cant spin 69 wins away...he owns it even though I must say that I have never seen a manager have to go thru so much nonsense from his own players and GM as BV did...why did they even hire the guy if they were going to treat him/limit him like that? shamfeful and dysfunctional...

which brings us back to the "culture"....the thing I have been harping about since 2010 when i was questioning the fitness, conditioning, and mental makeup of our players who seem to have the resiliancy of a wet paper towel. Then 2011 happened and it reached its full slide in 2012. So what would you do to make it better? I wouldnt resign Papi unless it is for less than 20 mil total...Id keep Ross (ben's best move by far), and I would trade Pedroia because his value is still high and you could package him with Ells for a true Ace during this weak free agency period. I fear in a few years no one will be offering that trade anymore.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've been calling him a fat slob from Texas for over three years.

[/QUOTE]

I thought u meant Clemens

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

lol. Yes Beckett is useless and thankfully he is gone

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

We know it wasn't  BILL-806 !!!!  As Dad would say............... "SON, the entire world knows how you feel about the FAT-CAT-BARRRRR$TAD"   !!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Yeah, we really turned things around after Beckett left (and posted a 2.93 ERA with the Dodgers).  Thanks Nostradamus.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

"....the thing I have been harping about since 2010 when i was questioning the fitness, conditioning, 

Which of the players is not fit?  I'll give Beckett and Lackey, but conditioning is not so much an issue for pitchers.  Always better to be in good shape, but I think I can find room for Sabathia and vintage Clemens.

Who else?  Youk, but that's the shape he's been in since HS.  Buchholz, Miller, Pedey, Aviles, don't have an ounce of fat on them, and guys like Crawford and Ellsbury are Olympic class athletes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

"....the thing I have been harping about since 2010 when i was questioning the fitness, conditioning, 

Which of the players is not fit?  I'll give Beckett and Lackey, but conditioning is not so much an issue for pitchers.  Always better to be in good shape, but I think I can find room for Sabathia and vintage Clemens.

Who else?  Youk, but that's the shape he's been in since HS.  Buchholz, Miller, Pedey, Aviles, don't have an ounce of fat on them, and guys like Crawford and Ellsbury are Olympic class athletes.

[/QUOTE]

Gee Joey, why dont you ask Dave Page, you know the guy who was FIRED by the Sox as the conditioning coach... maybe he can give you a list of the players who cost him his job by refusing to work out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

During Hot Stove 2011? I said he was a cancer, and he would be gone because he was the single most responsible person for 2011 disaster. Instead I got a whole bunch of baseballreference.com bs about how 2011 was a GREAT year for Slosh and he was an ace, their best best pitcher and a good guy....

History repeats itself huh?

[/QUOTE]

What is it I was wrong about?  That I wanted Josh to succeed?  No, I was right for that.  Was I wrong when I asserted that I thought the chicken and beer was way overblown, not a big deal, and that Beckett was far from a 'clubhouse cancer'?  I don't know.  None of us still really know.  I still think I am right on that matter.   Was I wrong when I, like you, questioned his fitness?  No.  Was I wrong when I hopefully predicted that he would have a good season in 2012?  Yes.  But, in this regard, as a die hard fan who roots roots roots for the home team, I have been wrong many, many times.  Guilty as charged.  Is that what you call boot-licking?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

During Hot Stove 2011? I said he was a cancer, and he would be gone because he was the single most responsible person for 2011 disaster. Instead I got a whole bunch of baseballreference.com bs about how 2011 was a GREAT year for Slosh and he was an ace, their best best pitcher and a good guy....

History repeats itself huh?

[/QUOTE]

What is it I was wrong about?  That I wanted Josh to succeed?  No, I was right for that.  Was I wrong when I asserted that I thought the chicken and beer was way overblown, not a big deal, and that Beckett was far from a 'clubhouse cancer'?  I don't know.  None of us still really know.  I still think I am right on that matter.   Was I wrong when I, like you, questioned his fitness?  No.  Was I wrong when I hopefully predicted that he would have a good season in 2012?  Yes.  But, in this regard, as a die hard fan who roots roots roots for the home team, I have been wrong many, many times.  Guilty as charged.  Is that what you call boot-licking?

[/QUOTE]

ummm yea Space...unless you were helen keller, there is no way an intelligent person like yourself could overlook his spreading girth, lack of fitness, sour demeanor, and devil may care attitude to his team....so im thinking you were blinded by fandom...or in this case, bootlickism...he was a bad egg - thats why he was dealt....are you really still struggling with that?