Management by Committee... a little something for everyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Management by Committee... a little something for everyone

Remember closer by committee?  I know that didn't work to well, but I have an idea brewing ....

A little something for everyone.  Though I know I'll leave someone out...that's a given, even if one tries not to.  But it is a given especially whenone tries to ... :o)

Manager - Moon, using his usual knowledge, Jamesian applications and so forth ...

Bench coach, assistant manager with veto powers - Andrew.  After all, there must needs be an opposing view to make this a working scheme.  Vetoes are limited to not just one or two a game,  but to certain areas of comfort.  THose areas to be worked out between Moon and Andrew.  While Moon is level-headed, Andrew brings that necessary gravitas to make a particular section of fans satisfied.  However, a constant use of vetoes may bring about a change.   '41 is tabbed as understudy to step in as/when needed.  (I know, '41, you're older than Andrew - well, I think you are - but precedence was with Theo being younger than even Lucchino's hernia belt.)

Hitting coach - Rojas.  Not batting coach but hitting coach.  These are pros, they oughta know how to bat by now.  They are earing millions, doing it, so Sheriff is just allowed to hit those when needed to get them in line.  "NO CHICKEN FOR YOU" - WHAM! 

Get it?

Pitching coach - SPACEMAN ... and his aide, Promise4U  (You cannot keep El Tiante down ...)

Catching coach - Harness.  Need I say more?  C-ya!

Bullship coach - Softy.  He's really good at bullship.  He could teach transgressors like Lackey and Beckett how to throw out trash all the time and not even care where it goes or who it is at.

1b Coach - Zilla - Nice big, glad handing - uh - guy.  Make 'em feel loose and in the groove at first.  Show 'em a little heat, get them ready to scorch the bases.

3B Coach - JiminFL - The guys are ALWAYS made to feel good, no matter what shape the game is in.  Sox always and NOW, too!

1B stands - get to vote on who to send in from the pen.  (Obviously, Fenway would have to install the little devices to vote on ... or maybe just use smat phones ...)

3b stands - get to vote on when to take out the starter ...

Who has what voting power?  Season ticket holders get a vote and a hlf over regular game tickets.  SRO tickets ... get to vote every three home games.  But need to be three consecutive, only tobe broken up by away games.

RF bleachers get to vote on pinch hitters, pinch runners ...

LF bleachers get to vote on what to call the umps, when to step  in on bad calls ... they get special green balls with velcro to throw at umps.  If the velcro ball sticks, ump must listen to complaints .... if not, tough luck.

Bat boy - Burrito.   Ball boy - don't ask, don't tell.

Bat girl - both Kims

Of course, there are a lot of kinks to work out.  Like when a Jamesian issue is being forced into a small sample.  And establishing what a small sample is, so we can live at peace with each other.

Wallee - SinceYaz .....

Please don't get hurt if I left you out ... not meant to.  I just haven't worked out everything ....

Hammah and beer distribution ...  seemd a natural, don't know why.

Summer and Tcal - wings and sushi ... service with a smile and a roll .. (get it?  Roll, california roll .... bad, I know ...)

Under no circumstances is this to be considered the final word.  Lots of room for improvement, assessment, assignement and so forth.

Thus, forth is the final word.

Except now, word is the final word.  See, this is not allowed to be the final word.  But word is.  And now, is is ....

::  ::  ::  ::

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Management by Committee... a little something for everyone

YAZMAN......  HOW ABOUT BILL-806 AS MANAGER & DAD AS THE BENCH COACH ??????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

SY- I am really looking forward to this opportunity.  I will give the club everything I have.  but, full disclosure:  under C. Young's watch, these guys were all chicken and beer in the clubhouse every night.  It ain't gonna get any better under my reign.  We're gonna have "anonymous clubhouse sources' talking Beckett/lester with magic mushrooms and tantric meditation during games they aren't starting.  It'll be a weird scene in there all year.  But, that being said, they will be thinner.  And, pre-emptively:  Investigate THIS, Torre!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well , this is just great!

I love the idea of 1st base coach.

He seldom gets blamed for anything, and it surely pays better than my present job ( I don't like to fly, though...this might be a problem). Could I do home games only?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Management by Committee... a little something for everyone:
    [QUOTE]  YAZMAN......  HOW ABOUT BILL-806 AS MANAGER & DAD AS THE BENCH COACH ??????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

BILL - Always open for suggestions.  As long as DAD isn't just a yes man.  Of course, we sorta get that everything you know you got from DAD ...

Heart and Soul .... that's what comes to mind!  :oD

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]SY- I am really looking forward to this opportunity.  I will give the club everything I have.  but, full disclosure:  under C. Young's watch, these guys were all chicken and beer in the clubhouse every night.  It ain't gonna get any better under my reign.  We're gonna have "anonymous clubhouse sources' talking Beckett/lester with magic mushrooms and tantric meditation during games they aren't starting.  It'll be a weird scene in there all year.  But, that being said, they will be thinner.  And, pre-emptively:  Investigate THIS, Torre!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

HA!

That's great ... picked you for your pitching and you add your personal flavor.  But then, what else was I really thinking or expecting.

If you could get Lackey to meditate/focus at all, the whole team would get better.

I don't know that I really want a cllubhouse with a bunch of guys doing tantric meditation together ... but then, as long as you win, baby.

Shrooms ... love shrooms.  Cooking kind ... but then I never needed anything to help me go on trips ...

Are you going to be a coach/player?  :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Well , this is just great! I love the idea of 1st base coach. He seldom gets blamed for anything, and it surely pays better than my present job ( I don't like to fly, though...this might be a problem). Could I do home games only?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Okiedokie ....

See if Mothra will do the flying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]SinceYaz, who is in the booth doing TV and radio announcing?
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Hadn't given that a thought yet.  Maybe the best idea there is take apps and interviews ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Management by Committee... a little something for everyone : HA! That's great ... picked you for your pitching and you add your personal flavor.  But then, what else was I really thinking or expecting. If you could get Lackey to meditate/focus at all, the whole team would get better. I don't know that I really want a cllubhouse with a bunch of guys doing tantric meditation together ... but then, as long as you win, baby. Shrooms ... love shrooms.  Cooking kind ... but then I never needed anything to help me go on trips ... Are you going to be a coach/player?  :o)  
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking more like Shaman/warlock.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Summer and Tcal - wings and sushi ... service with a smile and a roll .. (get it? Roll, california roll .... bad, I know ...)

I predict that the 2012 team will get by on wings and a prayer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Summer and Tcal - wings and sushi ... service with a smile and a roll .. (get it? Roll, california roll .... bad, I know ...) I predict that the 2012 team will get by on wings and a prayer.  
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Hehehehe .... loved the smiley too ... that's the ROFLMAO smiley?

If you got the wings, I got the prayer.

;O)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Management by Committee... a little something for everyone : I'm thinking more like Shaman/warlock.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I can see that. 

Have anything handy to shrink some heads?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Funny, but wayyyyy back in the early 60's, none other than the Chicago Cubs tired managing with a large staff of coaches and no  manager.
    It didn't last long, needless to say.

"The College of Coaches was an unorthodox strategy employed by the Chicago Cubs in 1961 and 1962. After the Cubs finished 60-94 in 1960, their 14th straight second-division finish, Cubs owner P.K. Wrigley announced in December 1960 that the Cubs would no longer have a manager, but would be led by an eight-man committee. The experiment was widely ridiculed in baseball circles, and was effectively ended in 1962 before being completely abandoned in 1965."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Yaz, old friend. Yes, that is the ROFLMAO smiley, but it is supposed to be animated. Hmmm....Doesn't seem to have the life it used to have - sort of like me...