Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts'

They SHOULD have made neccessary changes in the offseason. Instead, they hing Tito out to dry.

They SHOULD have made some significant change NOW! Instead, they "stand pat" in their spot of 10th out of 14 AL teams, convinced, somehow, that is "playoff caliber".

We're turning into the Mets: very talented that just can't play well because of the fundamental problems with this team.

The results of this team are LESS than the sum of its parts, and I can't really think of a bigger insult to a professional sports team.

The fact is, they are going to have to pay to fix the mess they created, as well they should. No other team is goign to simly bail them out and take Crawford, or Lackey, or Beckett, and all their money, just because the Sox ask nicely. Or, they can middle away for another 5-7 years....which they WILL do if these idiots keep filling the stadium and singing "Sweet Caroline" as the Sox fall farther and farther out.

Hey Ownership! 1) Fans aren't as stupid as you think we all are! 2) You're not as smart as you think you are, and certainly no smarter than anyone else!

This whole team, players, coaches, management, ownership, by and large, make me sick.

I still like Saltalamacchia as I have since last season. He's shouldered a lot of criticism, and hasn't created ANY controversy...a lot of the 'veterans' could learn a thing or two from the 27-year old (coughcoughORTIZcough).

And I don't blame Valentine, he's been set up from day 1. Keep that in mind, all you other "friends of Lucchino", if any actually exist out there. Funny, Theo was his 'protege' and couldn't wait to get the he!! away from the guy. Good business man....horrible baseball guy, and seems somewhat like an @ss, judging by the interviews I've heard with him. Good for him.

I guess I have winter to look forward to with this team: this season will mercifully be over, and they will AGAIN have an opportunity to start to fix this mess.

As a side note: I hope Ace Ticket is getting HAMMERED with their unholy alliance right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts'

In Response to Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts':
    They SHOULD have made neccessary changes in the offseason. Instead, they hing Tito out to dry. They SHOULD have made some significant change NOW! Instead, they "stand pat" in their spot of 10th out of 14 AL teams, convinced, somehow, that is "playoff caliber". We're turning into the Mets: very talented that just can't play well because of the fundamental problems with this team. The results of this team are LESS than the sum of its parts, and I can't really think of a bigger insult to a professional sports team. The fact is, they are going to have to pay to fix the mess they created, as well they should. No other team is goign to simly bail them out and take Crawford, or Lackey, or Beckett, and all their money, just because the Sox ask nicely. Or, they can middle away for another 5-7 years....which they WILL do if these idiots keep filling the stadium and singing "Sweet Caroline" as the Sox fall farther and farther out. Hey Ownership! 1) Fans aren't as stupid as you think we all are! 2) You're not as smart as you think you are, and certainly no smarter than anyone else! This whole team, players, coaches, management, ownership, by and large, make me sick. I still like Saltalamacchia as I have since last season. He's shouldered a lot of criticism, and hasn't created ANY controversy...a lot of the 'veterans' could learn a thing or two from the 27-year old (coughcoughORTIZcough). And I don't blame Valentine, he's been set up from day 1. Keep that in mind, all you other "friends of Lucchino", if any actually exist out there. Funny, Theo was his 'protege' and couldn't wait to get the he!! away from the guy. Good business man....horrible baseball guy, and seems somewhat like an @ss, judging by the interviews I've heard with him. Good for him. I guess I have winter to look forward to with this team: this season will mercifully be over, and they will AGAIN have an opportunity to start to fix this mess. As a side note: I hope Ace Ticket is getting HAMMERED with their unholy alliance right now.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Well Said..!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm guessing other GM's were not offering up particularly decent packages for any overpaid and/or underachieving Sox player.  If Beckett had been traded to Texas and started to be the ace he is supposed to, would you complain that all we got for him was a AA prospect while paying most of his contract?  Because that's what can happen when unloading players just for the sake of unloading them.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts':
    I'm guessing other GM's were not offering up particularly decent packages for any overpaid and/or underachieving Sox player.  If Beckett had been traded to Texas and started to be the ace he is supposed to, would you complain that all we got for him was a AA prospect while paying most of his contract?  Because that's what can happen when unloading players just for the sake of unloading them.  
    Posted by chuchos

Not at all. I have stated that I honestly believe that Beckett would pitch very well for any new team. I think he would be a stereotypical "change of scenery" guy. He is very prideful, and he IS talented. Unfortunately, he acts entitled and like he has nothing to prove in Boston. Also, he wouldn't be the, what I perceive to be, the bad clubhouse guy in a clubhouse where he's new.

I'll put it simply like this: I think Beckett's effectiveness in Boston is past, I do not think he will be anything more than maybe a 3, or lower end 2. However, for another team and feeling like he has something to prove, I think he'd be fine, a-la Manny when he went to the Dodgers.

If he is left to just hang around in Boston for the next 2 seasons, I can failry confidently guarantee more of the same as 2010, 2011, and now 2012.

I don't care if it makes another team better, I'm concerned with making THIS team better, and I think moving Beckett would be a classic addition by subtraction.

Again, they've created this mess, they need to fix it. Or, just let it harbor and ruin future seasons as well. It's totally up to them, they can spin whatever they want, it's obvious major changes HAVE to be made. It's obvious the manager isn't the problem. It's obvious this team is playing, and HAS been playing well below their talent for almost 3 season, 2 managers, 2 GMs, and the same core of players. What's the problem do you think?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts':
    In Response to Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts' : Well Said..!   
    Posted by 56redsox

Is that the bad guy from Last Action Hero?

That's a very underrated movie. And, he was one of the better "bad guys" in any movie, regardless of rating.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Forum is finally aware of who the trolls are and they are being ignored.
    Posted by Calzone65

Glad to help. I have the same moniker since 2008, and the same opinion on this matter since 2010 or earlier.

I'VE been consistent. You're name hasn't even been consistent. Get a life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I'VE been consistent. You're name hasn't even been consistent. Get a life."

LOL. 

But Pike has been consistent as the self-appointed "forum janitor" so you have to give him that. 

He reminds you of that neat freak roommate from college who is always folding your jammies and hanging up your towels when you are in class. 

As for your post, I agree to some extent, though I would say that while your position has been consistent, right now, at this trading deadline, there wasn't a lot to be done. They would have to trade folks at a loss as their value is low right now. 

Beckett they have time to move and it might be a good idea to do so. 

I'd say they should be trading Ellsbury also but they have next year for that. 

I honestly don't think they are comfortable missing playoffs BECAUSE I don't think the fans will support a mediocre team for very long. I think they are actually delusional enough to think this team will make the playoffs. They are also not realizing that making the wild card only to lose in the wild card game will NOT feel like a trip to the playoffs to the fans. 

I would say to you: fans like us need to vote with our wallets and our eyeballs. Then they will be forced to listen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Beckett is hurt.   Again.

They have no chance of ridding themsleves of him, ever.   Every freaking year, there goes the back.   What a bad signing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Beckett, CC and Lackey....the amount of money spent for them is mind-boggling...50 mil for Beckett when he was throwing terribly at the time--that's the time to extend someone? Lackey, 82 mil for damaged goods...CC, 142 mil for a mopey guy. CC mopes like no other.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

This sounded like back in 2003 when Manny was close to be traded due Boston was tired of his showboating from spotting him at a bar with his close friend who played for the Yankees to multple injuries. Instead MLB nixed the deal, and Manny helped Boston to win two WS titles. 

So therefore, Beckett will go out there and keep trying to help the team to win as many games as he can

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i have to say the fo blew it again. This team clearly needs pitching help big time, yet the only pitcher we get is breslow? i mean i think he was a good pick up but we need a starter in the worst way. The angels who already have haren, weaver, and cj wilson went out and got zach grienke, the rangers got dempster,  which means that 2 of the best teams in the AL got better, the red sox who are one of the bottom teams in the AL and currently have one of the worst rotations in baseball, do nothing. Apparently the fo is more interested in stock piling prospects than winning ball games. we are not some low budget team that needs to rely heavily on prospect. Yes having some home grown talent is important for multiple reasons, but this is a team that hasent won a playoff game since 2007, a guy like grienke would have made this team at the very least a playoff hopeful, now with beckett injured (hopefully not serious injury), the rotation gets even thinner. So much for luchinos giving cherington the opportunity to be bold bs. Ya craig breslow, real bold. its sad that with guys like grienke, josh johnson, matt garza, out there, this is all we end up with. maybe one day the fo will give a damn. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Beckett hurting his back tonight only solidifies this team will never make it, even if they win 5 more in a row it just is not going to happen.

For the first time in my life I am almost wanting them to lose just so the FO maybe wakes the heck up and makes some serious changes. 

I don't care for Beckett, Lackey, Crawford, or Ortiz. Though I respect the efforts of Aviles, Salty, and Nava none of them are the answers to winning in 2013.

Change is in demand!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts':
    They SHOULD have made neccessary changes in the offseason. Instead, they hing Tito out to dry. They SHOULD have made some significant change NOW! Instead, they "stand pat" in their spot of 10th out of 14 AL teams, convinced, somehow, that is "playoff caliber". We're turning into the Mets: very talented that just can't play well because of the fundamental problems with this team. The results of this team are LESS than the sum of its parts, and I can't really think of a bigger insult to a professional sports team. The fact is, they are going to have to pay to fix the mess they created, as well they should. No other team is goign to simly bail them out and take Crawford, or Lackey, or Beckett, and all their money, just because the Sox ask nicely. Or, they can middle away for another 5-7 years....which they WILL do if these idiots keep filling the stadium and singing "Sweet Caroline" as the Sox fall farther and farther out. Hey Ownership! 1) Fans aren't as stupid as you think we all are! 2) You're not as smart as you think you are, and certainly no smarter than anyone else! This whole team, players, coaches, management, ownership, by and large, make me sick. I still like Saltalamacchia as I have since last season. He's shouldered a lot of criticism, and hasn't created ANY controversy...a lot of the 'veterans' could learn a thing or two from the 27-year old (coughcoughORTIZcough). And I don't blame Valentine, he's been set up from day 1. Keep that in mind, all you other "friends of Lucchino", if any actually exist out there. Funny, Theo was his 'protege' and couldn't wait to get the he!! away from the guy. Good business man....horrible baseball guy, and seems somewhat like an @ss, judging by the interviews I've heard with him. Good for him. I guess I have winter to look forward to with this team: this season will mercifully be over, and they will AGAIN have an opportunity to start to fix this mess. As a side note: I hope Ace Ticket is getting HAMMERED with their unholy alliance right now.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Empty seats at Fenway will wake the FO up, pure and simple.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In Response to Re: Management happy with missed playoffs, 80-something wins, and 'sellouts' : Is that the bad guy from Last Action Hero? That's a very underrated movie. And, he was one of the better "bad guys" in any movie, regardless of rating.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

i think it's the evil doer from the Golden Child. 
    as for your OP.  i like it.  except the fans are as dumb as management thinks.  the seats will continue to sell.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Hey ma6dragon:

I call you a TROLL!

Sincerely, Larry Lucchino

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

When will people stop going to Fenway Park ? The whole 100 year anniversary is getting old. Ownership needs to start taking hits in the pocket book to even think about making changes. Empty seats in the ballpark would sure help that cause.

Sections
Shortcuts