Managerial firings two years in a row!? Who would WANT this job?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Managerial firings two years in a row!? Who would WANT this job?

Seriously. What prospective manager would want to step into THIS mess and clean up THIS clubhouse while dealing with THIS management and ownership group?

They stabbed Tito in the back on the way out after he did EVERYTHING they wanted, then they hung Valentine out to dry.

I've started wondering if they didn't pass on Sveun after his second interview, I'm wondering if he heard what they had to say, and said "no thanks".

TOny Pena was the guy I wanted. STILL IS the guy I want. But why would HE want Boston?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Managerial firings two years in a row!? Who would WANT this job?

ma, but BV has been pretty weak. That's something people are simply refusing to accept. He's not on the same page of the GM, and simply, whether he was set up to fail or not, it's time to make a change. Let the players "win" in this respect and see if a new manager can help with confidence, morale. I have never seen a Sox team so clearly lacking confidence than this one. You would have to go back to the very weak teams in the early 1990s.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Managerial firings two years in a row!? Who would WANT this job?:
    [QUOTE]Seriously. What prospective manager would want to step into THIS mess and clean up THIS clubhouse while dealing with THIS management and ownership group? They stabbed Tito in the back on the way out after he did EVERYTHING they wanted, then they hung Valentine out to dry. I've started wondering if they didn't pass on Sveun after his second interview, I'm wondering if he heard what they had to say, and said "no thanks". TOny Pena was the guy I wanted. STILL IS the guy I want. But why would HE want Boston?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    Pena was my guy, too. I hear what you're saying -- this place is completely insane -- but people always take managerial/coaching jobs no matter what the circumstances. I couldn't imagine someone taking the Penn State job, but someone did.
    I don't think what has happened this season has been solely Valentine's fault, but I thought from the start he was a bad fit for this team. Unfortunately, this appears to be the case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I didn't like the BV hiring at all Danny, and he's been even worse than that. But management chose this guy, THEY should have known, even if the fans did not. They had priorities elsewhere.

Just saying, if YOU were a prospective manager (assuming you're a neutral fan, hailing from, say, Alaska), after watching everything unfold as it has the past 2 years...would you WANT this job in 2013? Personally, I wouldn't trust that players wouldn't go to Henry again, and I would have no fiath in Henry, Lucchino or Cherrington having my back. BV was supposedly Lucchino's friend and look how he's been kneecapped! Yikes, I'd rather manage the Pirates and know what I was in for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Valentine is a good manager, its not his fault he doesnt have the horses.  You have to give him some time and let the FO work on the roster a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Managerial firings two years in a row!? Who would WANT this job?:
    [QUOTE]I didn't like the BV hiring at all Danny, and he's been even worse than that. But management chose this guy, THEY should have known, even if the fans did not. They had priorities elsewhere. Just saying, if YOU were a prospective manager (assuming you're a neutral fan, hailing from, say, Alaska), after watching everything unfold as it has the past 2 years...would you WANT this job in 2013? Personally, I wouldn't trust that players wouldn't go to Henry again, and I would have no fiath in Henry, Lucchino or Cherrington having my back. BV was supposedly Lucchino's friend and look how he's been kneecapped! Yikes, I'd rather manage the Pirates and know what I was in for.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Not talking 2013 yet. Look, I hate to use the NHL as an example, but I will. Dale Hunter took over a very talented, but underachieving Washington Caps team and not only got them into the playoffs at the wire, but changed their entire philosophy of play for the final 30 games of the reg. season. The team beat Boston in 7, and got knocked out in the semis, and you know what? Hunter resigned to go home after doing a lot. I already mentioned how the Kings firing their head coach directly led the team to the Stanley Cup in the same season the coach was fired. Just like the Caps. Not saying the Sox win the 2012 WS, but this is the days of mediocre teams making it all the way--and firing BV would be an easy thing to do, and if anything gives the team some new hope
    in 2012. Right now, BV is not getting it done. You don't lose to Minnesota and Seattle like they have and expect to finish over .500 let alone a wild card.