Managing For Dummies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Managing For Dummies

In Response to Re: Managing For Dummies:
    [QUOTE]Harness, Burrito, and Bosox1941 all agreed with the OP and then Georom admits that the OP was "tongue in cheek". The OP was not intended to be taken at face value or seriously but Harness, Burrito, and Bosox1941 did exactly that and sanctioned it as gospel. What does this say about their marching after a pied piper? Anyone need a napkin to wipe the egg off of their faces?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Nice try pike, harness did not say anything in support of my view - but you are all too willing to roll out the names on your 'hit list' when in "attack mode" wether relevant to the facts or not. Of course attack mode for you is "always mode."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

BOSOX1941 your right, as my GM is not All that Good was complete tongue in cheek.  However the minions immediately rushed in to quash the negative title. Whereas a good number of solid posters took it for what it was and made it a darn good thread full of good opinions and facts to back there view up.  

Only posters like pike came into the thread and tried to make it unpleasant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

When I read this thread all the way through it seems that 15 posters disagreed with the OP and only 3 agreed with it. Then the issue got confused when Georom confessed that he was only joking. Who needs threads like this? Go watch a good movie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]14-2 today...awesome starting pitching....awesome hitting....I could win 94 games as manager with this group btw tongue in cheek doesnt make the points untrue....using a bit of hyperbole is OK for snakeoil...just what exactly is unfamiliar tripe?  your insults? thanks for posting your usual nonsense with nothing to add
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

My usual nonsense.  Actually what is nonsense is you actually saying you could manage this group.  First of all how are you going to get time off from the warehouse?  Secondly I may be wrong but I don't think you have the people skills or the personality or the pedigree to manage a ML baseball team.

What am I supposed to add when a grown man says he could manage the Red Sox as well as the current manager?  Are you so simple to think that management is just making decisions?  Francona has the respect of his players and he always has.  Do you really not get how important this is?  

You make no valid points.   In fact  pitchers regularly pitch over 100 pitches, Lefties regularly hit back to back, He doesn't give everyone a day off every five games. Do you know any of this and just post anyway?

So yeah obviously Francona isn't a baseball genius... but guess what? Francona wins and his players like him.  He isn't going anywhere.  Figure it out.  

Was that enough to add?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why is it you never take your own advise Pike?
    Why don't you watch a good movie? Instead of critiquing every other thread...every other poster.
    Why this compulsion?

Why can't you ever let this go? Why Pike?
    Is your own reflection so repulsive you have to blacken that of others?
    I'm going to mirror you every where you go.
    Just like that Drill SGT. bit.

The hope is that one day you'll finally get this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPfdM0HBXg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Great post Snakeoil. Don't expect a response from Harness however. He does his best to be non-opinionated on such matters as to to whether Tito or Theo are always 100% wrong as Georom, Burrito, and Bosox1941 say. Harness never met a troll that he didn't like. You could call him the Will Rogers of the forum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey if you want harness to go to bed feeling ill just keep posting that he thinks I am great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

[QUOTE]StatsFromLouie, mrmojo1120, JimfromFlorida, piersoll LloydDobler, Hfxsoxnut, snakeoil, Kimsaythis, Dirtywaterlover and Your-Echo all took it seriously and jumped to defend Francona's style. Francona's minions are so easily led. I'd love to know how many have actually googled J. Fred Muggs, as a replacement for Francona.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

If everyone took your actors not seriously then you would be out of business. You thrive on fooling and irritating. Sooner or later nobody will take the bait and fall for your act. Harness will have nothing to do all night long without the battle between the trolls and the serious fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Great post Snakeoil. Don't expect a response from Harness however. He does his best to be non-opinionated on such matters as to to whether Tito or Theo are always 100% wrong as Georom, Burrito, and Bosox1941 say. Harness never met a troll that he didn't like. You could call him the Will Rogers of the forum.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

I never met a Pike I ever did like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Managing For Dummies : If everyone took your actors not seriously then you would be out of business. You thrive on fooling and irritating. Sooner or later nobody will take the bait and fall for your act. Harness will have

nothing to do all night long without

the battle between the

trolls and the
    serious fans.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

Now, remove my handle and insert yours.
    Getting the picture?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So Geo, explain how that post was tongue in cheek again?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Since I'm not a regular poster on this board anymore maybe I should just read the posts and move on, but we have this same sort of controversy on Sawxheads about FrancoMa.  In my opinion he is a players manager, good in the clubhouse, keeping the press and controversies away from the players, and keeping the pressure off of them. I'm sorry, though, if this upsets the Francona Marching and Chowder Society but as a field manager he is well below average in my opinion.  He cost us the last two games we lost to the Cubs and Indians, is slow on the draw to remove a stuggling starter, mostly plays a dull station-to-station type game which leads to an inordinant amount of double plays, and is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.  He is not in the same class as Maddon or Scioscia in my opinion and I say that mildly because on my regular board I'm not as kind to him as I am here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Since I'm not a regular poster on this board anymore maybe I should just read the posts and move on, but we have this same sort of controversy on Sawxheads about FrancoMa.  In my opinion he is a players manager, good in the clubhouse, keeping the press and controversies away from the players, and keeping the pressure off of them. I'm sorry, though, if this upsets the Francona Marching and Chowder Society but as a field manager he is well below average in my opinion.  He cost us the last two games we lost to the Cubs and Indians, is slow on the draw to remove a stuggling starter, mostly plays a dull station-to-station type game which leads to an inordinant amount of double plays, and is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.  He is not in the same class as Maddon or Scioscia in my opinion and I say that mildly because on my regular board I'm not as kind to him as I am here.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your kindness is appreciated. And I'm glad I don't post on those other forums. Thanks for the warning.