Manny Applies for Reinstatement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

Manny Applies for Reinstatement

Manny Ramirez has applied for reinstatement and has worked a deal with MLB in which he will only serve a 50 day suspension. His agents argued he served the 100 days last year. His suspension clock starts as soon as he signs with a team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Manny Applies for Reinstatement

Manny!!!!

Bring him back with Papi!!

Just kidding!!

What is your point bringing him up??????   I do not know how this work.  IF no one want him, and how can he serve his 50 day suspension.   He can just take a mimumum pay but his pay will reduce due to suspension.   I think ideal team will be like Baltimore, Oakland, Kansas City, etc where they know they may not be able to compete in thier division, but need a guy like Manny to draw more fans to generate $$$$.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THE "DESPICABLE" MAN-CHILD, FRAUD, QUITTER, JUICER.......  A GREAT EXAMPLE FOR  M L B .......  PLEASE SPARE ME/US   !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I predict he signs with the Orioles. First, there's the Duquette connection. Second, the Orioles want a potential big bat on short money and Ramirez, at best, will be settling for an incentive-laden contract at the major league minimum. Third, adding Ramirez would significantly boost attendance and bring tremendous media attention to a franchise in desperate need of it. Imagine the boos raining down on Ramirez at Fenway Park and around the rest of the league. Picture the inevitable clashes between disciplinarian Buck Showalter and the mercurial former prodigy. It would be riveting television. Then again, maybe no one signs him at all. If not even Barry Bonds (who still produced at an elite level) couldn't land a deal despite never testing positive post-03, I'm not sure why a team would pursue the twice-suspended Ramirez.

I think the second likeliest scenario would be a return trip to Tampa Bay. The Rays have a horrendous fan base that would be apathetic to his return. If any team can get away with signing Ramirez from a public relations standpoint, it would be the Rays. He'd be reviled just about anywhere else.

The third possibility would be Toronto. Ramirez has always hit very well at the Rogers Centre and playing home games in Canada might be a way to defuse media hostility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Manny Applies for Reinstatement:
    [QUOTE]I predict he signs with the Orioles. First, there's the Duquette connection. Second, the Orioles want a potential big bat on short money and Ramirez, at best, will be settling for an incentive-laden contract at the major league minimum. Third, adding Ramirez would significantly boost attendance and bring tremendous media attention to a franchise in desperate need of it. Imagine the boos raining down on Ramirez at Fenway Park and around the rest of the league. Picture the inevitable clashes between disciplinarian Buck Showalter and the mercurial former prodigy. It would be riveting television. Then again, maybe no one signs him at all. If not even Barry Bonds (who still produced at an elite level) couldn't land a deal despite never testing positive post-03, I'm not sure why a team would pursue the twice-suspended Ramirez. I think the second likeliest scenario would be a return trip to Tampa Bay. The Rays have a horrendous fan base that would be apathetic to his return. If any team can get away with signing Ramirez from a public relations standpoint, it would be the Rays. He'd be reviled just about anywhere else. The third possibility would be Toronto. Ramirez has always hit very well at the Rogers Centre and playing home games in Canada might be a way to defuse media hostility.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Agree with you. But Orioles may try to get Papi first!! IF not, then Manny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SHOULD STAY AWAY & SHOULD NEVER BE MENTIONED FOR THE  H O F !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This is bull, he should be out of the game for good. I hope he makes it back and bats .200 with no homers for a month and then quits on his new team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Manny Applies for Reinstatement:
    [QUOTE]This is bull, he should be out of the game for good. I hope he makes it back and bats .200 with no homers for a month and then quits on his new team.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] BINGO !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Manny has no shame and no conscience. He'll always be a spoiled brat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

if he wasn't such an azzhat coward in the first place, he wouldn't have to beg back in...they had you cold, should have manned up and served..

Sections
Shortcuts