Manny Machado hurt...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Manny Machado hurt...

....while running out a ground ball. Looks pretty serious. Twisted his left knee awkwardly after catching his foot on the first base bag. Wasnt pretty, the knee buckled inwardly and he went down in a heap. Was carted off the field in a splint.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Manny Machado hurt...

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

....while running out a ground ball. Looks pretty serious. Twisted his left knee awkwardly after catching his foot on the first base bag. Wasnt pretty, the knee buckled inwardly and he went down in a heap. Was carted off the field in a splint.

Normally I don't want to see someone get hurt, but I am so sick of Buck and I am glad.  We got 3 left with them and our chances to win that series just went up....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Normally I don't want to see someone get hurt, but I am so sick of Buck and I am glad.  We got 3 left with them and our chances to win that series just went up....

I agree that it helps us when we get over there, I just hope the O's hold on this afternoon. Hopefully hes just hurt enough to be out for the week and not permanently damaged. ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Just saw that, exam. Tough break for the kid. Hopefully, he won't need surgery, but doesn't look promising.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Just saw that, exam. Tough break for the kid. Hopefully he won't need surgery, but doesn't look promising.

Oh Im confident he tore something, but we will see for sure soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

hate to see that especially early in a career

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to billge's comment:

hate to see that especially early in a career

No matter how bad it is, Im sure he'll be ready for next year. Meanwhile, we have to admit that it does increase our chances in Baltimore for now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

you got that right. can't hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

So let me get this straight.....  You're the same nut that's been harping Gomes for kicking cans into the stands and one accidently cut a man.  You want lawyers called and Gomes thrown in jail.  Somebody said it was just a small cut and you jumped on him that every person should be treated equally and that the person was s t u p i d for saying what he did...

Fast forward...

Manny gets hurt on a play and could very well miss much of next season as well....and because you don't like their manager you say "I am glad"????!!!!!!!

You kiddo are indeed a nut and every one of those 17000 posts (btw....get a life) should get deleted.  You're a fraud.....

Go away...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

So let me get this straight.....  You're the same nut that's been harping Gomes for kicking cans into the stands and one accidently cut a man.  You want lawyers called and Gomes thrown in jail.  Somebody said it was just a small cut and you jumped on him that every person should be treated equally and that the person was s t u p i d for saying what he did...

Fast forward...

Manny gets hurt on a play and could very well miss much of next season as well....and because you don't like their manager you say "I am glad"????!!!!!!!

You kiddo are indeed a nut and every one of those 17000 posts (btw....get a life) should get deleted.  You're a fraud.....

Go away...

You just don't get it do you?  But that's OK keep throwing insults at me

I'll explain this to you one last time

Gomes kicked a metal can at a fan who was there to be an observer of the action.  Unless he invited Gomes to kick cans his way he was not a WILLING PARTICIPANT.

Machado was a WILLING PARTICIPANT who had incured an injury while VOLUNTARILY playing a game and agreeing to the risks that such a sport can have

This is a great example of why I put people on IGNORE.........

See ya!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Fast forward...

Go away...

Gomes kick a metal can at a fan who was there to be an observer of the action.  Unless he invited Gomes to kick cans his way he was not a WILLING PARTICIPANT.

Machado was a WILLING PARTICIPANT who had incured an injury while VOLUNTARILY playing a game and agreeing to the risks that such a sport can have

This is a great example of why I put people on DELETE.........

See ya!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!  Oh darn.....the worst debater on the forum put me on delete!!!!!  Brave kid....you know you're wrong, you've been exposed as a nut and you quite frankly are weird and creepy......  Actually....thanks for putting me on ignore.

I'm sure you'll be joining Bill soon anyway.....

Adios!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's possible that the O's could be eliminated before the weekend.  I didn't realize how far behind they have fallen.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

All life is equal

Placing different values on different lives is something that uh, Hitler did.......

Does this sound familiar, Andrewmitch?  So now "All life is equal" comes with your own set of stipulations?  Manny Machado's life value is less than say, Will Middlebrooks, because you hate Manny's coach?  Doesn't ALL mean everyone?  Not everyone except, x,y, and z?

Regardless, a very unfortunate injury to a young player who is fun to watch.  Hopefully this is not career altering and he has a speedy recovery.  No rejoicing here.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to kt888's comment:

All life is equal

Placing different values on different lives is something that uh, Hitler did.......

Does this sound familiar, Andrewmitch?  So now "All life is equal" comes with your own set of stipulations?  Manny Machado's life value is less than say, Will Middlebrooks, because you hate Manny's coach?  Doesn't ALL mean everyone?  Not everyone except, x,y, and z?

Regardless, a very unfortunate injury to a young player who is fun to watch.  Hopefully this is not career altering and he has a speedy recovery.  No rejoicing here.  

What does this have to do with a RANDOM INJURY to someone who WILLFULLY ACCEPTED the RISK?  Compared to a fan who I most likely did not agree to have metal cans kicked at his head??????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It's possible that the O's could be eliminated before the weekend.  I didn't realize how far behind they have fallen.......

What a pathetic bunch of losers. You cant win ONE GAME at Tampa? Way to go Buck, youre a master motivator. But they can sure as heck get excited about playing US. Meanwhile, more stupid, dumb luck gives the Rays yet another win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What a pathetic bunch of losers. You cant win ONE GAME at Tampa? Way to go Buck, youre a master motivator. But they can sure as heck get excited about playing US. Meanwhile, more stupid, dumb luck gives the Rays yet another win.

Looks like the Rays and Indians

They have Moore and Price lined up for the first 2 games against NY in TAMPA.......yankees have NO CHANCE those 2 games.  NONE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

So your emphasis yesterday on "all life is equal" and "placing different values on different lives is something that uh, Hitler did" only apply to situations and contexts that reinforce your point at the time?   Am I understanding you correctly?  You are celebrating the loss of an mlb player to injury, because you hate his coach.  You are glad Manny Machado is injured. You would not be glad if it were Will Middlebrooks.   Therfore, you are placing less value on MMs life. Given the force of your points regarding "all life is equal" in your aarguments in the Gomes thread, you don't see a bit of irony here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

LOL.  True.  But what a turnaround season for Loney.  Makes Friedman look pretty smart.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So your emphasis yesterday on "all life is equal" and "placing different values on different lives is something that uh, Hitler did" only apply to situations and contexts that reinforce your point at the time?   Am I understanding you correctly?  You are celebrating the loss of an mlb player to injury, because you hate his coach.  You are glad Manny Machado is injured. You would not be glad if it were Will Middlebrooks.   Therfore, you are placing less value on MMs life. Given the force of your points regarding "all life is equal" in your aarguments in the Gomes thread, you don't see a bit of irony here?

Wow, just when I am amazed about the lack of logic around here along comes this post. 

Once again, aloud - MACHADO GOT HURT DUE TO HIS OWN VOLUNTARY ACTIONS........who is at fault there?  HE IS!

The man who got clocked in the head with a metal can was NOT a "willing participant"

That is different than someone saying "if a child got hit by a can the guilty party should do twice as much time as if an old man got hit in the head"

If you can't follow that then I simply can not help you - the public school system has failed you.  Am I being a jerk?  Maybe.  Sorry.  But you forced me to be direct here.  If you don't like then just place me on ignore.  Otherwise you are a " willing participant"......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow, just when I am amazed about the lack of logic around here along comes this post. 

Once again, aloud - MACHADO GOT HURT DUE TO HIS OWN VOLUNTARY ACTIONS........who is at fault there?  HE IS!

The man who got clocked in the head with a metal can was NOT a "willing participant"

That is different than someone saying "if a child got hit by a can the guilty party should do twice as much time as if an old man got hit in the head"

If you can't follow that then I simply can not help you - the public school system has failed you.  Am I being a jerk?  Maybe.  Sorry.  But you forced me to be direct here.  If you don't like then just place me on ignore.  Otherwise you are a " willing participant"......

Bottom line is, if any of us are glad Machado got hurt its because we THINK it will make the three games this weekend easier to win, or that we are sick of Baltimore running their mouth, or that we simply dislike Buck Naked. It has nothing to do with a personal problem with Machado, or a value placed on life or who is more important. Someone is taking all this too seriously. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No one hurt Machado.  He knew the risk and had a random accident.

This has nothing to do w/ the value of life..........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He made a play vs the NYY earlier this yr that might have been greater than Brookise ever did, including that one he made in the '70 WS vs Cincy. What did they have in common? Both were in foul territory, except Machado juggled his and actually dropped it before making an amazing off balance body twisting throw.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Mitch, I think a big part of the trouble you run into on here is when you get embroiled in arguments trying to rationalize or defend your statements when you dont have to. If you dont like it that Gomes kicked a can and hit an onlooker, and you also dont like Buck Naked and are glad one of his key players got hurt, then thats your right. Id only assume its because you love the Sox, hate their enemies and want to see them defeated and crushed. Thats how Id explain it and let it go. Just my humble opinion.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

He made a play vs the NYY earlier this yr that might have been greater than Brookise ever did, including that one he made in the '70 WS vs Cincy. What did they have in common? Both were in foul territory, except Machado juggled his and actually dropped it before making an amazing off balance body twisting throw.

Well, he won't be making any such plays again for awhile

And Craig Nettles is not walking through that door.......Nor is the Sadman, or Bernie, or Pettite, or Georgie and maybe not even Derek Sanderson...that's some contingency plan the man from da bronx have....one can only deduce that their grand plan was that these guys would be able to play forever........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Fast forward...

Go away...

Gomes kick a metal can at a fan who was there to be an observer of the action.  Unless he invited Gomes to kick cans his way he was not a WILLING PARTICIPANT.

This is a great example of why I put people on DELETE.........

See ya!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!  Oh darn.....the worst debater on the forum put me on delete!!!!!  Brave kid....you know you're wrong, you've been exposed as a nut and you quite frankly are weird and creepy......  Actually....thanks for putting me on ignore.

I'm sure you'll be joining Bill soon anyway.....

Adios!

It's the likes of andymitch that has  "essentially" (I remain a very casual observer as a 60+ year fan of the sox) driven me away from this forum. So weak.

Sections
Shortcuts