Manny Ramirez in talks to play in Taiwan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Manny Ramirez in talks to play in Taiwan

Manny Ramirez is in talks to play for the EDA Rhinos of the Taiwanese professional league, a source told me this morning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Manny Ramirez in talks to play in Taiwan

Strangely enough I'm sort of happy for him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Follow Jon MorosiJon MorosiVerified@jonmorosi

Manny Ramirez is in talks to play for the EDA Rhinos of the Taiwanese professional league, a source told me this morning.

Thats if he doesn't sign with Walmart 1st !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

how do you say i hurt my meniscus in Madarin? :-) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Follow Jon MorosiJon MorosiVerified‏@jonmorosi

Thats if he doesn't sign with Walmart 1st !!!!

You really hate our postseason heroes don't you Bill? Manny, Beckett, Big Papi..., Are there any Red Sox you actually like?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill has no love lost for any former players they all are Fat Cats to him.he also believes obad off year is how went whole career went. One last thing has no use for facts. 

Despite all that he is a good poster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

how do you say i hurt my meniscus in Madarin? :-) 

Manny (through interpreter): Hey coach, I hurt my meniscus

Manager:  Oh dear.  Which one?

Manny (to interpreter):  Tell him BOTH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I hope he doesn't do it because he needs - or even wants - the money.  If he wants to play, get cheered, etc., good for him, I hope he has fun.  I hate it when fans project their desires for players to "go out on top" onto the players.  It's the players' legacies, and lives.  If they want to dress up and play ball, great, why should they care what Johnny from Burger King thinks?

I am not a big suppporter of Manny the person, but there is nothing he could do on or off the field that would tarnish my memories of him at his best on the field. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wonder why Manny would pass on Japan or even just play in his native Dominican Republic.

The last thing I want Manny to go through is a culture shock in Taiwan.  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well, where ever he goes or who ever he plays for I wish him well. my memories of manny from the days when he rocked the bajesus outta fenway with people shouting his name and 2 world series championships are what I choose to dwell on. I've decided to let all the air outta my anger baloon as far as manny is concerned. Best of luck to you meho. have fun again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Who can forget his Coke bottle shot against the Angels in 2007?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

go ya one better carnie, who can ever forget the moon shot up in toronto that landed on the tarp in left field way way back in the upper deck. had to be close to 500 feet or so.  between him and pappi they both gave us their fair share of thrills and walk offs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

He Crushed That Ball, 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

He Crushed That Ball, 

by far the greatest right handed power hitter I have ever seen in my lifetime. and I'm including mark Mcguire, sammy sosa and a whole host of long ball swingers.  I do have to say that I saw Mcguire hit one at fenway when they still had the 600 club seats and he hit that ball so hard that it was still climbing when it cleared the lightstandards in left field. he hit it a country freaking mile. he was one of the bash brothers with the A's back then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

He Crushed That Ball, 

by far the greatest right handed power hitter I have ever seen in my lifetime. and I'm including mark Mcguire, sammy sosa and a whole host of long ball swingers.  I do have to say that I saw Mcguire hit one at fenway when they still had the 600 club seats and he hit that ball so hard that it was still climbing when it cleared the lightstandards in left field. he hit it a country freaking mile. he was one of the bash brothers with the A's back then.

Home runs are one thing Hammah.  But Manny, as you say, was just a great hitter.  Patient, a master pitcher-manipulator, one of the great two-strike hitters to ever play the game, and, of course a baseball punisher.  I think the Manny hits that will be ingrained forever in my memory are not any of his home-runs, but his beautiful inside-out lasers to right-center. He was no mere masher.  Certainly the greatest righty of his era.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

He Crushed That Ball, 

Home runs are one thing Hammah.  But Manny, as you say, was just a great hitter.  Patient, a master pitcher-manipulator, one of the great two-strike hitters to ever play the game, and, of course a baseball punisher.  I think the Manny hits that will be ingrained forever in my memory are not any of his home-runs, but his beautiful inside-out lasers to right-center. He was no mere masher.  Certainly the greatest righty of his era.

Ha! you ain't kiddin space! for a guy that was such a pull hitter to left, he would get that inside out swing working on alot of occasions and rifle the ball to right center with tremendous power. and alot of em went out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Strangely enough I'm sort of happy for him. 

I understand how you feel.I really hate what Manny did at times,which we all know about,but when he wanted to,he was funny,engaging and a beast at the plate.He actually played the Wall prettty well too.

One of my favorite non baseball game related moments,was the day he had gotten his American citizenship and ran out to Left Field holding the little flag 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I doubt he lasts long. 

well jack, if he gets his "stuff" even at 40 he could still probably dh and hit the snot outta the ball. do you think they test down in the south china seas for peds? lol