Manny Ramirez looking for offer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Manny Ramirez looking for offer

I am not suggesting that the Red Sox sign him. They're in first place, they don't need the distraction, it's questionable that he would even be able to offer much help. My question is more why a struggling team with lagging attendance wouldn't sign him for the minimum. He would definitely be a draw. He might help some on the field too if his numbers in Taiwan at all translate. Plus he'd likely be willing to start out in AAA. If you're the Miami Marlins or the Houston Astros, why not sign him to a minor league contract? He's apparently a man of the Lord now, so he won't transgress. Even if he does, the team that signs him could just as easily release him. He's not in a position to command anything higher than minimum salary.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9407412/manny-ramirez-says-hoping-get-interview-play-united-states

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Manny Ramirez looking for offer

I say bring him back. Maybe he can help the PawSox in their playoff push.

Mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hope the Sea Dogs sign him!

I'll be in Maine soon!

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

he could be the next manny ramirez. the one we've been searching for ever since the last manny ramirez left...

MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS!!
    TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS!!
    BLINDED BY ME YOU CAN'T SEE A THING!!
    JUST CALL MY NAME 'CUZ I'LL HEAR YOU SCREAM!!
    MASTER!! MASTER!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

he could be the next manny ramirez. the one we've been searching for ever since the last manny ramirez left...

MASTER!! MASTER!!

Of course the reason the big dip@@@@ gave for leaving Taiwan was that he wanted to "spend more time with his family", but I wasn't fooled for a second.  Now we all know why.  He actually wants to get another shot at a big league job.  Who would be dumb enough to take a chance on this wierd and dingbat druggie?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

he probably went overseas so he could juice without being tested as strictly or as often. Now that he's taken his medicine he's ready to give the bigs another shot.

highly presumptious

MASTER!! MASTER!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

I am not suggesting that the Red Sox sign him. They're in first place, they don't need the distraction, it's questionable that he would even be able to offer much help. My question is more why a struggling team with lagging attendance wouldn't sign him for the minimum. He would definitely be a draw. He might help some on the field too if his numbers in Taiwan at all translate. Plus he'd likely be willing to start out in AAA. If you're the Miami Marlins or the Houston Astros, why not sign him to a minor league contract? He's apparently a man of the Lord now, so he won't transgress. Even if he does, the team that signs him could just as easily release him. He's not in a position to command anything higher than minimum salary.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9407412/manny-ramirez-says-hoping-get-interview-play-united-states

SON, that would be like bringing the "BIG O" back for a 3RD TERM !!!   Ain't going to happen !!!!!!!!   >RESPECT