MANNY!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

MANNY!!!!

loved it.  LOVED IT.

so glad he came and celebrated the 2004 championship with the fans and his teammates.  loved the applause and "Man-ny" chant.  A+ job by the fans.

He did an awesome job in the booth with Don & Steve.  the only thing i wished was that remy would have been there as he absolutely loved Manny.

Apparently he reached out and made amends to old man travel secretary.  he didn't bring that up...pedro did.

let the sheep continue to bash Manny as i know you will.  this fan is thrilled to see him back at Fenway.  if even for 1 day.......

Congrats Manny and welcome back to the Nation.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: MANNY!!!!

I gave him his due last night & i am glad that he has found the LORD......  But this morning, I just can not wipe the slate clean for all the evil/B S that he caused while here !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I gave him his due last night & i am glad that he has found the LORD......  But this morning, I just can not wipe the slate clean for all the evil/B S that he caused while here !!

[/QUOTE]

So you can't forgive him? What a great Christian attitude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you can't forgive him? What a great Christian attitude.

[/QUOTE]Oh, I can forgive, but I really need to see a little more time of positive things in the future.........  That said,   YOUTH of a STAR PLAYER + PED'S = a bad person......  Perhaps TIME & GOOD DEEDS will clean it all up........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

glass houses bro

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

glass houses bro

[/QUOTE]He broke the glass so much that he should have been banned from that HOUSE.......  It was nice of the SOX to have invited him back last night !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

glass houses bro

[/QUOTE]He broke the glass so much that he should have been banned from that HOUSE.......  It was nice of the SOX to have invited him back last night !!!

[/QUOTE]

from my view, it appeared that his former teammates, the fans in attendance, and the boys in the booth felt otherwise.

the guy he pushed down apparently forgave him but bill cannot.  ok.  makes sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Invite him back, I agree.  But it was too much Manny last night considering (1) how he left and (2) that he did roids w/ the Dodgers.  invite him back but i don't want to hear him talk during a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

glass houses bro

[/QUOTE]

from my view, it appeared that his former teammates, the fans in attendance, and the boys in the booth felt otherwise.

the guy he pushed down apparently forgave him but bill cannot.  ok.  makes sense.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, on a scale of 1 to 10, how important is it to be forgiven by Bill? Btw, in Bill's case it's not a glass house, it's a rubber house.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

glass houses bro

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, on a scale of 1 to 10, how important is it to be forgiven by Bill? Btw, in Bill's case it's not a glass house, it's a rubber house.

[/QUOTE]If you read this thread, there are more posts against than for.......  That said, looks like it is more important for you TWO to come after BILL-806 than it is to see the MAN-CHILD from the FORREST  !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

glass houses bro

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]If you read this thread, there are more posts against than for.......  That said, looks like it is more important for you TWO to come after BILL-806 than it is to see the MAN-CHILD from the FORREST  !!!

[/QUOTE]

i completely agree i am in the minority for my views/stance on Manny Ramirez.  and i am ok with that.  i can only go by what i have personally witnessed and what i have heard from his teammates.  and all of it is good.  did theo put him on waivers every single year or dangle him trade deadline every single year?  yup.  would this make anyone upset?  i would think so.  boras was the final straw.  no way he was going to let the sox pick up those options.  those would have been commission $ to Manny's former agent.  

i have no problem standing alone on my positive view of Manny.  i would take him back on the team right now in a heartbeat.  and nobody can convince me that we wouldnt have won in 2008 if that trade never happened.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

glass houses bro

[/QUOTE]

Don't want to throw religion or anything into this forum but bill who are you to judge? If he gave his life to the Lord than that's between him and god. I'm glad he showed up. He along with Papi and the rest were instrumental in breaking the 86 year curse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

glass houses bro

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i completely agree i am in the minority for my views/stance on Manny Ramirez.  and i am ok with that.  i can only go by what i have personally witnessed and what i have heard from his teammates.  and all of it is good.  did theo put him on waivers every single year or dangle him trade deadline every single year?  yup.  would this make anyone upset?  i would think so.  boras was the final straw.  no way he was going to let the sox pick up those options.  those would have been commission $ to Manny's former agent.  

i have no problem standing alone on my positive view of Manny.  i would take him back on the team right now in a heartbeat.  and nobody can convince me that we wouldnt have won in 2008 if that trade never happened.

[/QUOTE]

Do you think Manny had nothing to do with being put on waivers every year? Do you think he never whined to the FO about wanting out of Boston? Where was Manny at the end of the 2007 season? He was trying to decide which knee hurt while Mike Lowell carried his water.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I thought the ceremony was a bad idea, but then I watched 6 minutes worth of video replay and decided it was a great idea and lots of fun for both fans and players.  They ended 86 years of the Curse of the Bambino and did it in an amazing way, especially taking 4 straight from the Yankees. 

Like most fans, I have mixed feelings about Manny.  Great, great hitter who was a big part of two WS wins, but a royal pain for his manager and others.  Manny being manny was bad for baseball, not just the Sox.  On the other hand, bringing him back for the ceremony was beyond question the right thing to do.  We don't have to forgive him for doing those other things, but should celebrate what he contributed. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE MAN-CHILD AS CURT SCHILLING STOOD TO THE SIDE AND WAS JUST GLAD THAT HE WAS HERE FOR THE 10TH ANIVERSERY  AND WONDERING IF HE WILL MAKE THE NEXT .........  THANKS CURT FOR BREAKING THAT 86 YEAR OLD CURSE.........  IM SORRY THAT THE SOX BRAINTRUST TURNED IT ALL INTO A LOVEFEST FOR THE PLAYER THAT GAVE US THE MOST TROUBLE !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Holy crap it is freakin baseball and a guy who made mistakes that has finally realized he made mistakes. Mistakes that were so minor in the world and even in baseball and RS fans still hold a grudge. WOW.

It is not like the guy killed anyone or beat up a kid asking for an autograph.

Get over it.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you think Manny had nothing to do with being put on waivers every year? Do you think he never whined to the FO about wanting out of Boston? Where was Manny at the end of the 2007 season? He was trying to decide which knee hurt while Mike Lowell carried his water.

[/QUOTE]

Hey DD.  i think the young GM wanted to get out of that $20MM per year contract. 

anyway....did you ever look at Manny's 2007 postseason stats?  mind boggling.  feel free to look them up and then tell me how lowell carried him. 

the mysterious "which leg is it" knee issue was 2008, not 2007.  revisionist history once again.

btw....Manny's "antics" throughout 2008 coincided with the following:  Scott Boras called the Red Sox and told them that Manny would behave if they promised not to pick up his two options and didn’t trade him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I appreciate the duality that is/was Manny.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Greatest Right-handed hitter I've ever seen in person. Love the guy, and glad he was part of the celebration. Again, .299, 20 HR, 68 RBI, .398 on-base in 100 games, not exactly what I would call "shutting it down" on the field for the '08 Sox. Wish we had more guys who could produce in "shut down" mode like that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Greatest Right-handed hitter I've ever seen in person. Love the guy, and glad he was part of the celebration. Again, .299, 20 HR, 68 RBI, .398 on-base in 100 games, not exactly what I would call "shutting it down" on the field for the '08 Sox. Wish we had more guys who could produce in "shut down" mode like that. 

[/QUOTE]

those stats do not tell the story of his last appox 2 weeks with the team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

those stats do not tell the story of his last appox 2 weeks with the team. 

[/QUOTE]

This doesn't reflect the games he sat out, obviously, but his last 2 weeks with the team, he hit 351/467/622. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

loved it.  LOVED IT.

so glad he came and celebrated the 2004 championship with the fans and his teammates.  loved the applause and "Man-ny" chant.  A+ job by the fans.

He did an awesome job in the booth with Don & Steve.  the only thing i wished was that remy would have been there as he absolutely loved Manny.

Apparently he reached out and made amends to old man travel secretary.  he didn't bring that up...pedro did.

let the sheep continue to bash Manny as i know you will.  this fan is thrilled to see him back at Fenway.  if even for 1 day.......

Congrats Manny and welcome back to the Nation.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Jerry has a soft spot for domestic abusers.  I guess you could say, Manny was like a son to him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah, I wish Manny had never played here.  Such a loser. I want good guys like Nava playing here even if they have a little less talent.