Many a battle has turned about, when he might have won, had he stuck it out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Many a battle has turned about, when he might have won, had he stuck it out

It's one of my favorite sayings.

No one knows why we started off 2-10.

No one know why we won 70 of our next 103.

There are no bright lines to tell you when you've turned it around and are now playing well, or playing badly.

That we've been playing badly is not in doubt, and seeing our only two good pitchers getting hit is likewise discouraging.  But this is not like a mediocr team like CL is, or SD last year, that played well for a while, but then reverted to form.  We have a lot of good players.  And as badly as we've been playoing, we can still win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Many a battle has turned about, when he might have won, had he stuck it out

Need a win today. Two would be better. If they can't seem to do it for themselves, maybe they can do it for their fans?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Many a battle has turned about, when he might have won, had he stuck it out:
    [QUOTE]Need a win today. Two would be better. If they can't seem to do it for themselves, maybe they can do it for their fans?
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

Yup, we need a win.  I'll be there for the night game.  They've treated me well in the past.  I have no choice other than to believe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

It can't all go wrong all the time, right? I'll be watching all day via tv. 2 hours and counting. Time to cook a big breakfast and bide some time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Joe...

I agree we can still win the WC...Once in we're one of 8 clubs with a chip and a chair....

Breaking it down...the formula is win and we're in! if we 4 of 5 it's over, win 3 of 5 to garantee a least a playoff game...regardless of what the Rays or Angels do...

After todays games....The Rays are home vs the Yanks, we head to Baltimore while the Angels play @Texas (who's still fighting it out with Detriot to host the division series vs the WC team). 5 games to go for the Sox up 2 in the loss column...worst case is we get swept today (the Rays and Angels win) with 3 to go we'd be tied with Tampa 1 up over the Angels...If we split and both of them win then we'd be 1 up on Tampa and 2 up on the Angels with 3 to play

If Tampa losses today...and we split...we're 2 up will 3 to play and only have to win 1 of 3 vs Baltimore to garantee a playoff game...if we sweep and Tampa loses...we're garanteed at least a playoff game...

It's getting late early, all that being said, after yesterdays disapointing blowout where one of the only two legit guys we have in our rotation get's waxed and we managed to score only 1 run in a game started by Freddie "smoke and mirrors" Garcia...I'm not all that confident in the make-up of our ball club right now...something is amiss? But we can right the ship if we can run off a few quality starts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Can't see the games today as we're out of TV for the weekend.  Maybe this is a good thing.

But I hope that those who do get to go to the games can bring some luck to this team.  This is one of the most bizarre, unanticipated meltdowns ever. 

But part of the nature of optimism and pessimism is built upon gameplay trends.  And right now, there's really no trend to suggest this team is even capable of keeping a game close, much less actually winning it.

So I hate to think or say it, but after today the WC is a dead tie.  The Sox will have their hands full in Baltimore.

I also think they'll prevail in the long run and will make the playoffs.  All this team needs right now is a major, major spark.  And I think they'll get that spark in Baltimore.  The Yanks will beat the Rays in at least one of those games.  So with that in mind, it sounds odd, but this Sox team is still very much in the driver's seat here.  I get how stupid that sounds, but I believe it.

But I don't think the Sox will advance beyond the WC round.  For what it's worth, I also don't see the Yanks beating a second round contender, either.

Good luck to all, especially those headed to the Stadium.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Many a battle has turned about, when he might have won, had he stuck it out:
    [QUOTE]It's one of my favorite sayings. No one knows why we started off 2-10. No one know why we won 70 of our next 103. There are no bright lines to tell you when you've turned it around and are now playing well, or playing badly. That we've been playing badly is not in doubt, and seeing our only two good pitchers getting hit is likewise discouraging.  But this is not like a mediocr team like CL is, or SD last year, that played well for a while, but then reverted to form.  We have a lot of good players.  And as badly as we've been playoing, we can still win.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Glad you started this thread. Good omen.
    BTW, to which song are you referring?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Long time no see joe. Good to hear from you again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

In Response to Re: Many a battle has turned about, when he might have won, had he stuck it out:
    [QUOTE]Can't see the games today as we're out of TV for the weekend.  Maybe this is a good thing. But I hope that those who do get to go to the games can bring some luck to this team.  This is one of the most bizarre, unanticipated meltdowns ever.  But part of the nature of optimism and pessimism is built upon gameplay trends.  And right now, there's really no trend to suggest this team is even capable of keeping a game close, much less actually winning it. So I hate to think or say it, but after today the WC is a dead tie.  The Sox will have their hands full in Baltimore. I also think they'll prevail in the long run and will make the playoffs.  All this team needs right now is a major, major spark.  And I think they'll get that spark in Baltimore.  The Yanks will beat the Rays in at least one of those games.  So with that in mind, it sounds odd, but this Sox team is still very much in the driver's seat here.  I get how stupid that sounds, but I believe it. But I don't think the Sox will advance beyond the WC round.  For what it's worth, I also don't see the Yanks beating a second round contender, either. Good luck to all, especially those headed to the Stadium.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

when you think its over,some one on this team seems to come thru, ous saviour did it agian. we are not done yet. hopefully this gets us into high gear and we take two out of three in baltimore.  redsox for ever