Marco Scutaro traded?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajnitschke88. Show ajnitschke88's posts

Marco Scutaro traded?

The red sox have signed nick punto to a 2 year 3 million dollar deal
    bleacherreport.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Re: Marco Scutaro traded?

Only thing I can find on Punto to the Sox is bleacher report so I wouldnt trust it.  That and the links to it have already been taken down.  Nothing to see here...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I wouldn't imagine a 33 year old utility guy who is oft injured now is the way the Sox would go.

Of course if the Rockies are serious about Scuataro for pitching maybe they need another ss, but I don't think Punto is the answer even for a quick fix.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Marco Scutaro traded?:
    [QUOTE]The red sox have signed nick punto to a 2 year 3 million dollar deal bleacherreport.com
    Posted by ajnitschke88[/QUOTE]

More likely to become an utility player.  Lowrie/Aviles could be more likely to be trade.  But like someone mentioned above, where is the link?  I do not see it anywhere!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I've always liked Nick Punto. He's a scrappy player, very much like Scutaro, only not as good offensively, which means utility depth, at best. A quality team can get by with Scutaro as an everyday player. I don't think the same can be said of Punto.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

I think Scutaro is a better piece to trade seeing that he does not figure into the future plans past 2012.  Lowrie and Avilas are more versitale and can fill in for Youkilis and Pedroia if they sustain long injuries.

Avilas should also see atbats at the corner OF spots.  Lowrie will get a better return but should stay.

I think a return of a mid level RP who can see time later in the game.

I dont see them putting him in a bigger deal as those teams with those types of players are trying to dump salary not take it on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't see the interest in Denver for Scutaro with Tulo in place unless there is a move for a three way deal. We have a plethora of SS's but not one with the credentials of Tulo--he is not coming our way??

Why  Nick Punto--I haven't seen any commentary on MLBTR ??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The Bleacher Report is the Enquirer of the baseball world. Wait for a credible source.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Even though I do enjoy bleacher report at times, it just isn't credible.

I can go on bleacher report right now, and right and article on Pujols being traded to the Red Sox.

one website I have always found to be extremely accurate and almost always one of the first to post information has been MLBtraderumors.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

if anything minor league veteran depth.   You know when they have to bring a guy up for 1, 2 games in a pinch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Report got taken down.  Rumor is busted!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Even if the Sox were to trade Scutaro, why bring in another middle INF?  Don't we still have Lowrie and Aviles?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Now the Punto signing is being reported by Heyman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

HFX is correct.This is from MLBTraderumors.com:

The Red Sox have agreed to sign Nick Punto, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (Twitter links). Punto will earn approximately $3.5MM for two years, Heyman reports.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Punto signing has just been reported by mlbtraderumors.com.  Maybe we're signing him to trade Scutaro and pick up Hanley Ramirez!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I don't get this one.  It has to be a set-up for a bigger move, which is exciting I guess, but I can't imagine what it might be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

from mlbtraderumors.com

Red Sox To Sign Nick Punto

The Red Sox have agreed to sign Nick Punto to a two-year deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (Twitter links). The contract guarantees Punto $3MM and offers him the chance to earn an additional $500K in incentives, Heyman reports.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

HE WILL PLAY BACKUP ROLL REPLACING LOWRIE..
    SOX PLAYING TOO SMALL THIS WINTER..
    VERY DISAPPOINTED SO FAR BEN..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Right up there with Buster Wedgies report that Red Sox will meet to discuss releasing David Ortiz, and Gumby reporting Santana to Red Sox deal was going through. 

Softlaw reported that Ortiz report was total nonsense, and that Santana would end up being Mets problem.

I read Softlaw blogs for baseball gospel, best in the business and does not work for any PC outlet. I read Softlaw and listen to Hank Williams, and you should too. Best in the business!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The business of bigotry and hatred, yes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Hank Williams Jr. sounds like your type.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

If the Sox are giving up both Lowrie and Aviles, I have to think there is a deal for a RH bat in the mix.  Ellsbury for Hanley straight up does make a lot of sense for both teams, if Bard is joining the starting rotation.  Scutaro can be dealt for a closer - maybe Betancourt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

BUYING NICK PUNTO IS UNDERWHELMING, AT THE VERY LEAST;
    DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER THE WORLD SERIES WHEN PUNTO
    REPEATEDLY CAME UP IN SITUATIONS CALLING FOR A RUNNER TO
    BE SACRIFICED AND HE STRUCK OUT NEARLY EVERY TIME, MOST
    OF THEM LOOKING, IT SEEMED. THIS GUY IS A WASHOUT. WHY
    THE SOX WOULD EVER EVEN LOOK AT THIS AAA CALIBRE PLAYER
    IS A MYSTERY. IT SHOWS THE BANKRUPTCY OF THE SOX MINDSET.
    HECK, FOR 3 MILLION DOLLARS, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT.
    GOOD RIDDANCE TO WEILAND AND LOWRIE. IT REALLY SHOWS
    THAT NO MATTER HOW BAD THE SOX ARE, THERE ARE WORSE
    TEAMS WITH NO JUDGMENT IN TALENT AT ALL. WHY WOULD
    ANY TEAM ON THIS PLANET WANT LOWRIE. HE COULDN'T EVEN
    MAKE A PAWTUCKET TEAM.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR COTTON PICKING MIND.... ELLSBURY
    FOR HANLEY ??? HANLEY IS A DISCONTENT...A LA..MANNY
    RAMIREZ. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT LONG FOR HIS
    FIRST TANTRUM AND FOR HIM TO BE IN VALENTINE'S DOGHOUSE.
    YEAH...HE'S TALENTED, BUT HE'S NO ELLSBURY. CAN'T HIT
    AS WELL, CAN'T RUN AS WELL, AND IS NOT A TEAM GUY.
    ONE PRIMA DONNA RAMIREZ WAS ENOUGH !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts