Mariano Rivera Against the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox

In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : But we're not talking about close calls. What game were you watching? First you can't find the beach in front of your house, and now you can't find the game of the team you root for. You lead a very interesting life.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

better then no life at all, which relates to you.

also kim columbo, i'm not babe; but i understand why he doesn't like you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : Yup, that's me. Nothing to do. There was never any doubt in my head you were Babe. Your Babe's, in his own words, "disgruntled Sox fan". lol  He tried to use that description on another alias he had, that didn't last long. Your like a sidekick to him -- except you try to come across as a Sox fan who hates their team, so when the Yankees are losing you're still here because no one says anything to you about the Yankees because you're a "Sox fan". You fill the board with posts on every thread. You have the same hours. You both constantly say you don't care what Sox fans think. You both just shoot one liners at anything posters have to say. You say the ones who don't complain are just pink hats. You never have a good word to say about any of the players or the team, and when there's something negative on the board about the Yankees, you just relate it to something you feel is more negative on the Sox. And you beat up on Sox fans and not Yankee fans. Why on earth did anyone ever believe you were a Sox fan? And you still don't want to talk about Mariano and Lowrie. lol

as usual, kimsaysnothing.

blah, blah, blah!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kim, it's funny i actually did that honey thing because I call all women "honey". Is that so bad? Sounds affectionate to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : You sound like a disgruntled Sox fan.  What's wrong?

what's wrong?
    nothing that can't be fixed once theo accepts that job in chicago.
    when that happens, tito will resign because a dummy can't work without a ventriloquist.
    and if you so-called SOX fans would boo at  crawford and slackey a lot louder, maybe they, too, would leave.
    one can only hope.

unfortunately, no WS for the SOX this year. i hope i'm wrong, but i don't think so. and when i say WS, i mean just getting into the WS. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]kim, it's funny i actually did that honey thing because I call all women "honey". Is that so bad? Sounds affectionate to me.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

No, not at all. I told Alibike I didn't have a problem with it, but it was still sweet that he was concerned about the post, and for all women not just me. I took it as affectionate as well. No worries, Danny. :)  Of course, knowing how things roll here, you may be accused of knowing me, or dating me, or being married to me or being me. Just giving you a head's up. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : No, not at all. I told Alibike I didn't have a problem with it, but it was still sweet that he was concerned about the post, and for all women not just me. I took it as affectionate as well. No worries, Danny. :)  Of course, knowing how things roll here, you may be accused of knowing me, or dating me, or being married to me or being me. Just giving you a head's up. lol

actually, kim is babe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : No, not at all. I told Alibike I didn't have a problem with it, but it was still sweet that he was concerned about the post, and for all women not just me. I took it as affectionate as well. No worries, Danny. :)  Of course, knowing how things roll here, you may be accused of knowing me, or dating me, or being married to me or being me. Just giving you a head's up. lol
    LMAO, and true, kim...great post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kroywenmo. Show kroywenmo's posts

[QUOTE]

as usual, kimsaysnothing.

Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

The following says something:

The first pitch cutter was down and out of the zone but Gonzalez hacked at it for strike one, and the second cutter was right in around his waist. Adrian fouled it off for strike two. The third and fourth pitches were again inside, and both of them nearly hit Gonzalez. He took the first for a ball, but fouled off the second. Mo and Martin pounded the Red Sox first baseman inside so he couldn’t extend his arms, but the fifth pitch of the at-bat was … well look at it:

Down and away after four straight cutters in, the pitch must have looked like it was in China. Gonzalez checked his swing but it didn’t matter, Alfonso Marquez called it a strike and the game was over. The gif comes courtesy of Mike Fast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : The following says something: The first pitch cutter was down and out of the zone but Gonzalez hacked at it for strike one, and the second cutter was right in around his waist. Adrian fouled it off for strike two. The third and fourth pitches were again inside, and both of them nearly hit Gonzalez. He took the first for a ball, but fouled off the second. Mo and Martin pounded the Red Sox first baseman inside so he couldn’t extend his arms, but the fifth pitch of the at-bat was … well look at it:   Down and away after four straight cutters in, the pitch must have looked like it was in China. Gonzalez checked his swing but it didn’t matter, Alfonso Marquez called it a strike and the game was over. The gif comes courtesy of Mike Fast.
    Posted by kroywenmo[/QUOTE]

a great pitcher struck out a great hitter. case closed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

if he had a 45-inch bat, he would have hit it squarely

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : The following says something: The first pitch cutter was down and out of the zone but Gonzalez hacked at it for strike one, and the second cutter was right in around his waist. Adrian fouled it off for strike two. The third and fourth pitches were again inside, and both of them nearly hit Gonzalez. He took the first for a ball, but fouled off the second. Mo and Martin pounded the Red Sox first baseman inside so he couldn’t extend his arms, but the fifth pitch of the at-bat was … well look at it:   Down and away after four straight cutters in, the pitch must have looked like it was in China. Gonzalez checked his swing but it didn’t matter, Alfonso Marquez called it a strike and the game was over. The gif comes courtesy of Mike Fast.

Bottom of the ninth with bases loaded and 2 outs...That pitch was too close to take.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think Kim's OP was about this at-bat, on Tuesday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

At some point I would think MLB clubs would grow tired of the Mariano double standard and present the league with the overwhelming evidence on this issue.....I mean can all the other clubs not meet and put together a power point presentation to email to Mr. Selig? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kroywenmo. Show kroywenmo's posts

[QUOTE]

if he had a 45-inch bat, he would have hit it squarely

Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

The bat size wasn't the issue. Look at his front leg, he clearly did not go with the pitch, as he has been known to do. As the pitch clearly was on the corner,  if he went with the pitch, he could have delivered to left, again, as he has been known to do.

As great as Agon has been this year, the huge advantage the Sox enjoy against the Yankees has not been due to his efforts.

By Opponent ABRH2B3BHRRBIBB SO  AVGOBPSLGOPS
    vs. BAL4692160196 7  .457.519.6521.171
    vs. CHC1531010040 0  .667.667.7331.400
    vs. CHW212930242 3  .429.478.8571.335
    vs. CLE3851140154 3  .289.357.474.831
    vs. DET232300021 4  .130.160.130.290
    vs. HOU133420032 3  .308.400.462.862
    vs. KC3451320072 7  .382.410.441.851
    vs. LAA35410301102 6  .286.324.457.781
    vs. MIL135511131 1  .385.429.8461.275
    vs. MIN2941120252 5  .379.406.6551.061
    vs. NYY5910112121111 14  .186.319.356.675
    vs. OAK3561320250 10  .371.371.600.971
    vs. PHI110100001 2  .091.167.091.258
    vs. PIT121500122 1  .417.533.6671.200
    vs. SD143810050 3  .571.571.6431.214
    vs. SEA3471520044 4  .441.500.5001.000
    vs. TB403711128 6  .175.313.325.638
    vs. TEX28913105113 5  .464.5161.0361.552
    vs. TOR451116704114 14  .356.431.7781.209

Those lines against the Tigers and Phillies aren't looking all that comforting considering possible opponents come October. He has destroyed Texas, his original team, but the Red Sox have not fared well as a team against them overall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

In Response to Mariano Rivera Against the Sox:
    [QUOTE]With all due respect for him and what he has done over the years (and he's one of very few Yankees I admire, and happen to like), I think we just saw what happens when the 2011 Mariano pitches with all eyes on the umpire's calls. The first game calls were so outrageous (Lowrie really got scr****), that, I believe, the umpire in this game couldn't give Rivera all the outside pitches he usually gets as called strikes simply because he's "Mariano Rivera". Instead he walks batters, one on four pitches, and gives up hits when he has to throw in the strike zone. No one is ever going to change my mind on that since I've been saying it since last season, and just said it recently again. Whenever he needs a strike, he just throws outside and gets the call. While I do admire him, he happens to play against my team on their #1 rival's team. It does matter to the Sox, and their fans, whether you like him or not, that he still gets calls that aren't even close to the plate -- or at least it should. No one has said anything about it, and no one ever does. They are in such awe of him, that no one can say anything negative about the great Mariano. Well, guess what? Mariano doesn't pitch for your team, and comes in a closer role to shut your team down. If RSN can't get past the awe, and the belief that no one can ever say anthing about him, that's who you may face determining your team's season. If it were me, and this was really my team that I owned, I would file a complaint until it stopped. At least make someone aware that you are aware, and shine a light on it instead of all the silence about it.

OK,
    Kim you should actually watch Baseball.  It would be refreshing for you and your posts would actually get better.  I will say this Everytime the Red Sox lose, you have an excuse, Its the Umpires, Its this or that.. Stop, watch and learn baseball, We will all be grateful for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : Mariano is the biggest hype of all time, its as if MLB is just riding his coattails for ratings and the legacy/story factor....upsetting for the purity of the game.  I'm proud to have a closer that throws real strikes.
    Posted by Cain-Reaction[/QUOTE]

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110830&content_id=23943658&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Now that I've seen it this way; that pitch, along with the sequence, is about as good as it gets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I think Kim's OP was about this at-bat, on Tuesday.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

There it is, captured in its full glory. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Roid Sox fan, calling Mo's pitches "Gifts", "blown Calls"  Nah Roid Sox, Your guys just got fooled and struck out....Deal With it.  2 Roided Championships and you are all experts... Comedy at every turn.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Kim - since you were kind enough to mention my name and explain that you were not commenting specifically on the Gonzalez at-bat; I ask that you reread my statement. All I said was when viewing pitches from the view of the CF camera alone, it will not give you a true representation of how the pitch crossed the plate. You see, I wasn't mentioning the Gonzales at bat either.

As for Mo - he is going to get many calls because he never shows up an umpire and it is a rare day when he is way off the target. All three starters in Philly get the same treatment as does a bunch of others. A couple of them happen to where the Sox uniform as well.

As for taking called balls and strikes out of the umpires hands, it is never going to happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]At some point I would think MLB clubs would grow tired of the Mariano double standard and present the league with the overwhelming evidence on this issue.....I mean can all the other clubs not meet and put together a power point presentation to email to Mr. Selig? 
    Posted by Cain-Reaction[/QUOTE]
    good point mr cain.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

When you have practice of making excuses for your teams lack of success, handed down, generation to generation, you become practiced at the art. Pathetic...really Pathetic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Yeah, powerpoint.  That's the ticket.

Try lawyers to get buffoon Bud's attention.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera Against the Sox : It was borderline low and outside, and he should not have been wrung up on that pitch, in that situation, with the game on the line.  Yes, he swung at some awful pitches, and should have been protecting the plate, but the truth is, the ball/strike calls have been so inconsistent this year, it's hard for hitters to adjust.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. But keep in mind, AGONE swung at three inside balls, one came close to hitting him. He gave MO that at bat. It was a no-brainer for MO to go outside at that point. AGONE was set up for it. The one borderline pitch MO threw, AGONE watched. It was just an awful at bat, where the situation took AGONE completely outside his game.

Sections
Shortcuts