Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition

I certainly wish him the best with whatever it is that's that's wrong with him.    Here's the story:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/mystery-grows-around-yankees-stars-medical-condition

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition

Let's hope Mojo - I think 2012 will be it for him and I would like to see him receive the kudo's from around all of MLB as he says his goodbyes. I do not think we will see the likes of him for a very long time and I don't mean his baseball ability alone. He has been an ambassador of the game and has always shown respect to the NY franchise and all opponents. I have never read one negative article on him.

I never thought that there would ever be a Yankee that could surpass Mantle as my favorite. Mo did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition:
    [QUOTE]Let's hope Mojo - I think 2012 will be it for him and I would like to see him receive the kudo's from around all of MLB as he says his goodbyes. I do not think we will see the likes of him for a very long time and I don't mean his baseball ability alone. He has been an ambassador of the game and has always shown respect to the NY franchise and all opponents. I have never read one negative article on him. I never thought that there would ever be a Yankee that could surpass Mantle as my favorite. Mo did.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jess, he is the David Bowie of baseball.  The Thin Dominican Duke.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Zac - you do realize that this might upset certain members of RSN who do not appreciate your humor Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Zac - you do realize that this might upset certain members of RSN who do not appreciate your humor
     Don't worry Zac.  For most of us, a certain week in October 2004 makes the spectre of Mo's utter domination a little easier to swallow.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I miss the Motts pic.  Sad to see it go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition:
    [QUOTE]I certainly wish him the best with whatever it is that's that's wrong with him.    Here's the story:   http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/mystery-grows-around-yankees-stars-medical-condition
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  He is one of my favorite MLB players and definitely wish him the best. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Does anyone know if Mariano chews tobacco?  I am surprised we don't read a lot more about mouth and throat problems from ex ballplayers. 

The thing that concerns me most, as a vocal music teacher who has problems with vocal nodes myself, is that his problems is getting worse and worse (in his words).  This implies a growing mass.  That implies a concerous growth.  I hope I am making way too much out of the little bit that has been leaked on his condition.  Mo is first class all the way, and definitely the best relief pitcher of all time.  HOF first ballot, IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope Mojo - I think 2012 will be it for him and I would like to see him receive the kudo's from around all of MLB as he says his goodbyes. I do not think we will see the likes of him for a very long time and I don't mean his baseball ability alone. He has been an ambassador of the game and has always shown respect to the NY franchise and all opponents. I have never read one negative article on him. I never thought that there would ever be a Yankee that could surpass Mantle as my favorite. Mo did.

Yogi is also one of my favorite Yankees players of all time.  He really was a great player and very classy person. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know if Mariano chews tobacco?  I am surprised we don't read a lot more about mouth and throat problems from ex ballplayers.  The thing that concerns me most, as a vocal music teacher who has problems with vocal nodes myself, is that his problems is getting worse and worse (in his words).  This implies a growing mass.  That implies a concerous growth.  I hope I am making way too much out of the little bit that has been leaked on his condition.  Mo is first class all the way, and definitely the best relief pitcher of all time.  HOF first ballot, IMO.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. We shall see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Why does Pinstripe zac

need to double space

And print in red

And pretend that he is a Yankee fan?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Why does Pinstripe zac need to double space And print in red And pretend that he is a Yankee fan?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

And what, exactly, does this have to do with this thread? Typical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

For a life long Yankee to have the respect of every Red Sox fan, it sure says something about how Rivera has carried himself both on and off the field. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

There needs to be more athletes like him, that's for sure. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition :  Don't worry Zac.  For most of us, a certain week in October 2004 makes the spectre of Mo's utter domination a little easier to swallow.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

HA! space bro, don't forget the standing O he got at fenway the following opening day game when our boys got their rings.

good to see you spaceman my friend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yeah susan, the yog was something. however, that said, how many in here can say they saw "the Mick" hit a baseball when he still had his legs? or have an autographed photo of him and the spendid splinter shaking hands.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Wazzap Hammah!  Hey, i tell you what my man.  It took me a lot of meditation and soul-searching to come around on the Bobby V. thing.  But I woke up this morning excited.  The Bobby Valentine era has begun.  I mean, hey, its gonna be exciting no matter what.  You know I love me some Terry Francona.  But, I will say, things would get pretty boring with all his tight-wrapped protectionism and subtle manipulations.  That aint happenin' with bobby!  We just gotta get on this train, crack into some chicken and bud lite, and enjoy the ride!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yupper space bro! word is that bobby v was on his way to see CC down in houston to get to know him and try and talk to him about his awkward batting stance. I was like you about this guy and I honestly believe that he is gonna light a fire under our ballclub. he's got his work cut out for him but I think that he's gonna bring some serious new energy down to spring training. hope you had a nice turkey day bro and all is well with the family.

as for me, the chicken has to be grilled and the beverage is a double jack and diet coke. lol.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition : Why do you troll as a NY fan? You seem to be awfully vocal as a NY fan here and act like you have a right to be controlling of Boston fans' opinions here.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

No sir, I'm not the troll. You apparently don't know his history. He is disliked in general across the board, regardless of team loyalty. I have (many) more RS poster friends than he does, which actually isn't saying much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Why does Pinstripe zac need to double space And print in red And pretend that he is a Yankee fan?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition : Why do you troll as a NY fan? You seem to be awfully vocal as a NY fan here and act like you have a right to be controlling of Boston fans' opinions here.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Even though we've had a few differences in the past, I have to agree with NH on this one King. You'd just have to know this guy, he can be insufferable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mariano Rivera's mysterious medical condition : Even though we've had a few differences in the past, I have to agree with NH on this one King. You'd just have to know this guy, he can be insufferable.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Thx E.

Sections
Shortcuts