Mariano vs. the Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Mariano vs. the Sox

Mariano has 598 career saves, and needs 4 more to get the all-time saves record. Hmmmm. Not one of the "objective" Yankee fans here ever mentioned that when talking about the questionable calls he has been getting during the season.

Let's just hope he gets the saves before the Sox have to face him again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Mariano vs. the Sox

In Response to Mariano vs. the Sox:
    Mariano has 598 career saves, and needs 4 more to get the all-time saves record. Hmmmm. Not one of the "objective" Yankee fans here ever mentioned that when talking about the questionable calls he has been getting during the season.   Let's just hope he gets the saves before the Sox have to face him again.
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    Kim, i see you brought back your Mo/Sox thread, just a heads up,  earlier today Zac reposted the Teixeira/length of games thread and the mods wiped it out..i know he's a sore subject with you, and he's a Yanks fan, but i didn't post this to be about Zac, just wanted to make you aware that should the responses you get become hostile this may get
    sacked...that said, i'm happy for Mo, but heck..if the Yanks keep this current play up...he may be there awhile :)...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox:
    In Response to Mariano vs. the Sox : Kim, i see you brought back your Mo/Sox thread, just a heads up,  earlier today Zac reposted the Teixeira/length of games thread and the mods wiped it out..i know he's a sore subject with you, and he's a Yanks fan, but i didn't post this to be about Zac, just wanted to make you aware that should the responses you get become hostile this may get sacked...that said, i'm happy for Mo, but heck..if the Yanks keep this current play up...he may be there awhile :)...
    Posted by jete02fan

Two threads of mine that were not flattering to the Yankees got removed here. One didn't last 24 hours and had nothing offensive in it. There are plenty of threads where Sox fans are talking to other Sox fans where it gets "hostile" -- your word not mine -- and they are not removed.

Maybe we should be able to talk about our rivals and what happens in games without getting "hostile". Again, there are plenty of threads here not so complimentary to the Sox that Yankee fans participate in.

If what you're saying is true, than that just gives Yankees fans here more power to just come in and say offensive things, and have the thread they don't appreciate removed -- a la Beni's threads. 

And FTR, this is NOT the same thread, and it's not the same post I put up. Therefore, not a re-post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Two threads of mine that were not flattering to the Yankees got removed here. One didn't last 24 hours and had nothing offensive in it. There are plenty of threads where Sox fans are talking to other Sox fans where it gets "hostile" -- your word not mine -- and they are not removed. Maybe we should be able to talk about our rivals and what happens in games without getting "hostile". Again, there are plenty of threads here not so complimentary to the Sox that Yankee fans participate in. If what you're saying is true, than that just gives Yankees fans here more power to just come in and say offensive things, and have the thread they don't appreciate removed -- a la Beni's threads.  And FTR, this is NOT the same thread, and it's not the same post I put up. Therefore, not a re-post.
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    apologies, not a repost/same thread, but sort of the same subject ie: Mo/questionable calls..not questioning that, was just trying to point out the somewhat hair-trigger deletes lately...i agree about the nature of Sox bash threads, but we both know the source of those..too many threads these days just break down into insults and name calling, mostly some not being able to look past the rivalry, i get and respect that this is a Sox site, but imo not everything has to be us against them...both teams do a lot of good things onfield, both have history and great players, we should still be able to discuss and/or debate things in relation...of course not everyone will agree, but some just want to dismiss any mention of each other in favor of trashing...sometimes just for trashing's sake..but at the same time i recognize it's their right the say what they wish(sox fans i mean) on their board...again Kim, wasn't questioning your subject matter(if it came across that way).. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : apologies, not a repost/same thread, but sort of the same subject ie: Mo/questionable calls..not questioning that, was just trying to point out the somewhat hair-trigger deletes lately...i agree about the nature of Sox bash threads, but we both know the source of those..too many threads these days just break down into insults and name calling, mostly some not being able to look past the rivalry, i get and respect that this is a Sox site, but imo not everything has to be us against them...both teams do a lot of good things onfield, both have history and great players, we should still be able to discuss and/or debate things in relation...of course not everyone will agree, but some just want to dismiss any mention of each other in favor of trashing...sometimes just for trashing's sake..but at the same time i recognize it's their right the say what they wish(sox fans i mean) on their board...again Kim, wasn't questioning your subject matter(if it came across that way).. 
    Posted by jete02fan

We played against the Yankees. Mariano was trying to get the save. He had outrageous strike calls against Lowrie. I questioned that in a thread. Wouldn't have been a big deal if I was a Yankee fan questioning Pap on a Yankee board.

If you ask me, Yankee fans call everything questioned about the Yankees as "trashing". There can be a million threads on the board trashing the Sox, and Yankee fans will participate in them. I should be able to question something in a Yankee/Sox game without all the drama. And let's not forget, the Yankee fans/trolls here wouldn't even admit to it -- even though it was blatantly obvious and could be verified. These same posters that say they come here to keep Sox fans honest. LOL And who said that was OK in the first place? Why do we need Yankee hall monitors on a Sox board when Yankee boards certainly don't have Sox hall monitors?

The truth is, the Yankee weren't portrayed in a good light, and the Yankee fans/trolls weren't portrayed in a good light. So what happens? Thread removed. And believe me when I tell you I don't think it was just Yankee fans. I think it was with the help of a Sox poster I mentioned in a post.

This is not the same thread, and not the same subject. And I'm not interested in anything that happens with Zac and his nonsense. Anyone who believes a guy who comes to a rival team board appointing himself as someone who's here to keep fans honest (btw, couldn't comprehend the Lowrie at bat lol),while putting up abusive posts of the team and their fans, is a Yankee fan and not a troll is living in a dream world. If you didn't have some kind of "Yankee code" where you can't say anything negative about each other, you would see that.

If only Sox fans were so blind and could stick together, at least we'd have a fighting chance against a solid offense here, which not only includes a solid block of Yankee fans, but their unconditional Sox supporters here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : We played against the Yankees. Mariano was trying to get the save. He had outrageous strike calls against Lowrie. I questioned that in a thread. Wouldn't have been a big deal if I was a Yankee fan questioning Pap on a Yankee board. If you ask me, Yankee fans call everything questioned about the Yankees as "trashing". There can be a million threads on the board trashing the Sox, and Yankee fans will participate in them. I should be able to question something in a Yankee/Sox game without all the drama. And let's not forget, the Yankee fans/trolls here wouldn't even admit to it -- even though it was blatantly obvious and could be verified. These same posters that say they come here to keep Sox fans honest. LOL And who said that was OK in the first place? Why do we need Yankee hall monitors on a Sox board when Yankee boards certainly don't have Sox hall monitors? The truth is, the Yankee weren't portrayed in a good light, and the Yankee fans/trolls weren't portrayed in a good light. So what happens? Thread removed. And believe me when I tell you I don't think it was just Yankee fans. I think it was with the help of a Sox poster I mentioned in a post. This is not the same thread, and not the same subject. And I'm not interested in anything that happens with Zac and his nonsense. Anyone who believes a guy who comes to a rival team board appointing himself as someone who's here to keep fans honest (btw, couldn't comprehend the Lowrie at bat lol),while putting up abusive posts of the team and their fans, is a Yankee fan and not a troll is living in a dream world. If you didn't have some kind of "Yankee code" where you can't say anything negative about each other, you would see that. If only Sox fans were so blind and could stick together, at least we'd have a fighting chance against a solid offense here, which not only includes a solid block of Yankee fans, but their unconditional Sox supporters here.
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    Kim, i'm definitely NOT opposed to Sox fans saying what they want about the Yanks on their own board...none of us can control what someone else believes..nor do i think it's anyone's job to keep someone else honest, if anything keep yourself "honest" first..as for "codes"... IMO if someone says something needlessly insulting, it should be commented on,i remain firmly in he camp of being able to be adult enough to make your point without drama or being out of the way nasty/insulting. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Rivera is a freak of nature. The guy is 42 I think. That is unbelievable. And this guy does it without knocking guys on their backside either. You just dig in, then head to the dugout.

tip of the cap to Mo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think too may threads/posters get removed.  Its the pennant race we should all be given a longer leash in being able to debate even if things get heated.
    Posted by Bad-Scene

I see you've identified yourself as a Yankee fan on another thread. Bad-Scene? You must have just been waiting to throw that one out there. LOL

But since you're here, why didn't you comment on Mariano's saves record? Is it still a secret?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene. Show Bad-Scene's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : I see you've identified yourself as a Yankee fan on another thread. Bad-Scene? You must have just been waiting to throw that one out there. LOL But since you're here, why didn't you comment on Mariano's saves record? Is it still a secret?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

He's going to be the all time saves leader, there is no secret.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : You'll be ok Pike, the next time Papelbon gets an outside strike called.
    Posted by Bad-Scene

Umm. Papelbon never gets those calls. And he pretty much throws down the middle of the plate. He's more of a "Go ahead, hit my pitch" kind of guy, whereas Mariano is a "I'll throw it where you can't get to it" kind of guy. Totally different mindsets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene. Show Bad-Scene's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Umm. Papelbon never gets those calls. And he pretty much throws down the middle of the plate. He's more of a "Go ahead, hit my pitch" kind of guy, whereas Mariano is a "I'll throw it where you can't get to it" kind of guy. Totally different mindsets.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Oh thats completely bogus and Sox fans know that, Papelbon gets calls too. All pitchers do if they are good even more so and Papelbon is good.  However he is not as good as he once was so he doesn't live down the middle of the plate as he used to be able to so he is even more concerned about hitting his spots and sometimes getting calls too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Oh thats completely bogus and Sox fans know that, Papelbon gets calls too. All pitchers do if they are good even more so and Papelbon is good.  However he is not as good as he once was so he doesn't live down the middle of the plate as he used to be able to so he is even more concerned about hitting his spots and sometimes getting calls too. 
    Posted by Bad-Scene

This from a guy who believes Mariano's pitches to Lowrie were close. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene. Show Bad-Scene's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : This from a guy who believes Mariano's pitches to Lowrie were close. lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Papelbon gets calls and yes the pitches to Lowrie were close enough where he had to protect the plate, especially on the 2nd one because it was already called there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Papelbon gets calls and yes the pitches to Lowrie were close enough where he had to protect the plate, especially on the 2nd one because it was already called there.
    Posted by Bad-Scene

LOL! What planet are you living on?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene. Show Bad-Scene's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : LOL! What planet are you living on?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Earth.  They weren't pitchouts.  He had to protect the plate, particularly on the 2nd one.

People are amazed you are still obsessed with this Pike, even Sox fans.  Meanwhile the Sox have had numerous opportunities to climb back into first and they have faltered.  You should concern yourself with that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Earth.  They weren't pitchouts.  He had to protect the plate, particularly on the 2nd one. People are amazed you are still obsessed with this Pike, even Sox fans.  Meanwhile the Sox have had numerous opportunities to climb back into first and they have faltered.  You should concern yourself with that.
    Posted by Bad-Scene

Calling me a guy just makes you look weird. jsyk  I'm sure there are people still amazed that there are posters like you still doing that. lol

It only matters if/when we play them again. Then it certainly does matter as we know how much the 9th inning means to the Yankees. I call it their whole other game, personally.

Although, I'd love to follow the Yankees through their 9th innings on Mariano's way to the record. Ya know, just for laughs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene. Show Bad-Scene's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Calling me a guy just makes you look weird. jsyk  I'm sure there are people still amazed that there are posters like you still doing that. lol It only matters if/when we play them again. Then it certainly does matter as we know how much the 9th inning means to the Yankees. I call it their whole other game, personally. Although, I'd love to follow the Yankees through their 9th innings on Mariano's way to the record. Ya know, just for laughs.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

You do what you gotta do Pike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mick711. Show mick711's posts

just for laughs, are you drunk?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

just for laughs, are you drunk?
    Posted by mick711

Hey, "mick711". Thanks for your 31 posts in two years. What would this board be without the Yankee cowards who need aliases because they don't have the ***** to say what they want to say under their own screenname.

As for my laughing at Mariano getting the record, the laughs would come from the calls, not the record. I guess you weren't bright enough to figure that out. Trolling baseball message boards insulting fans doesn't always attract the sharpest tools in the shed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : LOL! What planet are you living on?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I think he's from Venus.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Hey, "mick711". Thanks for your 31 posts in two years. What would this board be without the Yankee cowards who need aliases because they don't have the ***** to say what they want to say under their own screenname. As for my laughing at Mariano getting the record, the laughs would come from the calls, not the record. I guess you weren't bright enough to figure that out. Trolling baseball message boards insulting fans doesn't always attract the sharpest tools in the shed.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I knew it. You're married to Crusty, the infallible one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Mariano vs. the Sox : You need to go change your Tamp  on.
    Posted by Bralon

Again, I've know you you were since you posted on Beni's threads. And it's not Mikey, Babe or Zac.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

In Response to Re: Mariano vs. the Sox : Hey, "mick711". Thanks for your 31 posts in two years. What would this board be without the Yankee cowards who need aliases because they don't have the ***** to say what they want to say under their own screenname. As for my laughing at Mariano getting the record, the laughs would come from the calls, not the record. I guess you weren't bright enough to figure that out. Trolling baseball message boards insulting fans doesn't always attract the sharpest tools in the shed.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

That wasn't worded properly....just saying.

Sections
Shortcuts