Marijuana in sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Marijuana in sports

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im 20, so i'm only a few years removed from HS and it was super accessible. and the closer you get to NYC the easier it is to find. JB, i would not worry about it flooding NCY after it is legalized because it is already flooded with the stuff. if your in NYC and you want to find pot and it takes you longer than 30 minutes then your doing something wrong. kids are going to get high after school anyway, thats just how thw world works, i never met a kid in my HS who never smoked pot before. if its legal they won't be risking their future by partaking in a harmless activity.

and kim. many studies about marijuana were not conducted properly therefore the findings are not accurate. Now that scientists are re-conducting these experiments the right way they are finding many of the "bugaboos" about pot are simple not true. like the notion that it decreases reaction time and kills brain cells for instance.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of that.  But no one is going to convince me that you can drive a car just as well when you're high.  It's not the same as being staggering drunk, but it's not nearly like being straight either.

[/QUOTE]

i'm not advocating the operation of a vehicle while under the influence of anything. i'm a stoner and never have nor ever will get behind the wheel while high.

just making the case that there is virtually no negative side-effects to smoking pot (unless you pair it with a vehicle or heavy machinery). hell, if you ingest it properly you can take the lung damage caused by smoke inhalation out of the equation and then there really is nothing bad about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Parish was known as "Chief Spleef" after that incident. Too funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

im 20, so i'm only a few years removed from HS and it was super accessible. and the closer you get to NYC the easier it is to find. JB, i would not worry about it flooding NCY after it is legalized because it is already flooded with the stuff. if your in NYC and you want to find pot and it takes you longer than 30 minutes then your doing something wrong. kids are going to get high after school anyway, thats just how thw world works, i never met a kid in my HS who never smoked pot before. if its legal they won't be risking their future by partaking in a harmless activity.

and kim. many studies about marijuana were not conducted properly therefore the findings are not accurate. Now that scientists are re-conducting these experiments the right way they are finding many of the "bugaboos" about pot are simple not true. like the notion that it decreases reaction time and kills brain cells for instance.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of that.  But no one is going to convince me that you can drive a car just as well when you're high.  It's not the same as being staggering drunk, but it's not nearly like being straight either.

[/QUOTE]

well it's just like beer...seriously if you have one or two beers is anyone going to stop you from driving?  Now if anyone in here has never smoked they probably won't understand this but if you take a hit or two, you are not that impaired at all....but you smoke an entire blunt all by yourself then that is equivalent to going out and having 12+ drinks at the bar.

Also If anyone in here doesn't know that the streets are already flooded with Marijuana then they live in a bubble.  It is everywhere!!!!  I know cops that smoke, I know teachers, lawyers, and doctors that smoke as well.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well it's just like beer...seriously if you have one or two beers is anyone going to stop you from driving?  Now if anyone in here has never smoked they probably won't understand this but if you take a hit or two, you are not that impaired at all....but you smoke an entire blunt all by yourself then that is equivalent to going out and having 12+ drinks at the bar.

Also If anyone in here doesn't know that the streets are already flooded with Marijuana then they live in a bubble.  It is everywhere!!!!  I know cops that smoke, I know teachers, lawyers, and doctors that smoke as well.  

[/QUOTE]

its hard to compare how many drinks equates to how many joints you smoke but your overall point got across. i agree about the availibility of the plant. teachers in my HS smoked pot, my wrestling coach smoked pot, athletes, comedians, presidents etc.. nobody really cares about it anymore except uptight blowhards..

when its nice outside i sit on my font porch with my red sox pipe and smoke, i've had cops drive by and clearly see me ripping a pipe and they will either drive by or just roll down the window and tell me to take it inside. My best friend is studying criminal justice and he says most cops he works and studies with don't care about marijuana and only bust someone with it if they're acting like a punk. if the people who are supposed to enforce it don't give a sh!t then why should anyone else?

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts