Mark Melancon!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Mark Melancon!!!!!

I think we should have a contest to nick name this guy. I don't ever remember reading about one of our pitchers swimming in the ocean with great white sharks before have any of you? Yeah, I know he was in a shark cage but holy moley! just imagine what it must have been like to have an 18 or 20 foot long two ton monstah swimming around you.......sheeeesh!

Welcome to the red sox Mark! or should we call you Great White!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Mark Melancon!!!!!

In Response to Mark Melancon!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think we should have a contest to nick name this guy. I don't ever remember reading about one of our pitchers swimming in the ocean with great white sharks before have any of you? Yeah, I know he was in a shark cage but holy moley! just imagine what it must have been like to have an 18 or 20 foot long two ton monstah swimming around you.......sheeeesh!   Welcome to the red sox Mark! or should we call you Great White!!!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Don't know about a nickname, but they should play the opening theme from "Jaws" when he comes in to pitch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Melancon!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Mark Melancon!!!!! : Don't know about a nickname, but they should play the opening theme from "Jaws" when he comes in to pitch.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Most definitely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Shark Melancon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]Shark Melancon
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

"Mako" Melanson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Melancon!!!!! : Most definitely.

lol! now wouldn't that be a hoot eh space? walking outta the bullpen with all of fenway going barfknzerk wouldn't rattle this guy. D & C had him on this am and he said he was really jacked to be here with the red sox....and he said that he and pedi are totally good over what happened a couple of years ago when he hit pedi in the shoulder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Melancon!!!!! : lol! now wouldn't that be a hoot eh space? walking outta the bullpen with all of fenway going barfknzerk wouldn't rattle this guy. D & C had him on this am and he said he was really jacked to be here with the red sox....and he said that he and pedi are totally good over what happened a couple of years ago when he hit pedi in the shoulder.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect anything else.  Both of these dirt dogs surely can see that the same reasons to hate eachother in opposition are the reasons they are happy to be in the same fox hole.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

How is Melancon pronounced? I've only seen the name in print, never heard it said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]How is Melancon pronounced? I've only seen the name in print, never heard it said.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Melanson

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Melancon!!!!! : Mel an son
    thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Wait til the beat writers get a bite of him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

You get to hear his wife say the name in the shark video.  She says it differently than the pronunciation one of the Sox beat writers provided when he was traded to the Sox:  accent on the second syllable, just like spaceman said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Melody

Sections
Shortcuts