Mark my words tampa is not out of this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Mark my words tampa is not out of this

With these starters and bullpen and with Francona calling the shots,this is far from over.Start chewing on your fingernails.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Mark my words tampa is not out of this

I would agree with you except for the fact that there are two teams ahead of the Rays that are both not going to lay down.  Even if the Rays can play .600 ball against both the Sox and the Yankees...they will still not gain much ground on either team.  They almost have to win out to be there at the end and I don't like their chances of doing that.  The Sox crippled are still a better team and the Yankees healthy are a lot better team than the Rays.  The Sox/Yankees only have 3 more games remaining against each other and assuming a 2/1 split by either team - the Rays have to win 3 in a row to gain much during that series.  Sox/Yankees 1/2 in the AL East.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Rays are out of it, but the 6 man monte rotation and extra days off hasn't worked too well. Coasting too early.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

How can you say the Rays are out of it.If they sweep the up coming series,their only 3 games behind the Sox in the lost column.With our starters a sweep is a possible.I'm not saying they have a chance to catch the Yankees,but they do have a descent shot to catch the Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

No, as lousy as the Red Sox have been since going into coasting mode, the math probability does not work for the Rays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Ok Softl@w we'll see if your math probability is correct.Don't know how you figure your math when we have 6 more games with the Rays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

what happened last year when they went into coast mode?....I wonder?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Ok Softl@w we'll see if your math probability is correct.Don't know how you figure your math when we have 6 more games with the Rays.

OK, I'll put my gold coin down on 98% and you put your Obama dollar down on 2%.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

In Response to Re: Mark my words tampa is not out of this:
    [QUOTE]How can you say the Rays are out of it.If they sweep the up coming series,their only 3 games behind the Sox in the lost column.With our starters a sweep is a possible.I'm not saying they have a chance to catch the Yankees,but they do have a descent shot to catch the Sox.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]

If nothing else, could you at least hit the space bar after using a punctuation mark? It would make reading your posts slightly less painful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The Sox overtaking the Yankees for 1st place is a much more likely scenario.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If you all think that the Rays will over take Boston for the wildcard spot, that mean they need to sweep Boston all seven games, not just 5 out of 7 or 4 out of seven against Boston.  And also they need to go like 4 - 2 against the Yankees or a sweep 6-0 in their last six games between two clubs.  Then the Rays have a shot. 

Bad news is that David Price or Neidman of Tampa isnt pitching this weekend against Boston.  So therefore, Boston should win at least one or more game this weekend!!  A win or two, it is over for Tampa!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

It ain't over, till it's over...but it's getting late early for the Rays...

It's on the Sox to play well enough to win and keep th Ray's at bay, but as long as there's games to be played and they're not mathematically elimanated, they have a shot...Like the Sox, it's on the Ray's to win out and with some 13 games head to head with the Sox and Yanks they can if nothing make it interesting...currently the Sox aren't playing great and let's not forget the Yanks just lost two in a row to the Orioles...by the end of the weekend we'll have a pretty good idea if we have a race to the finish or are we simply playing a game of croassing off the days on the calendar until the inevitable happens...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

I figured it out . . . the most likely case for the Rays would be 16-5, and Boston goes 9-11.  Here is the issue  . . . . Unless the Rays go at least 6-1 against Boston, they still have to play NY who has a tough schedule of their own.  Boston at the same time gets to play Baltimore 7 times.

My point is, it's hard enough for the Rays to go 16-5 when 14 games are against the sox and Yankees.  If the Rays do pull it off and have a great record, you are also saying the Yankees would have to struggle, and thefore Boston still might make the playoffs. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

In Response to Mark my words tampa is not out of this:
    [QUOTE]With these starters and bullpen and with Francona calling the shots,this is far from over.Start chewing on your fingernails.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]

Making up 6 games in the loss column with about 20 left to play is possible but not likely.  It would take pretty poor finish for the RS to not make the playoffs.  Beckett being out and the number of games remaining against the RS would be about the only reasons to even seiously consider it. 

If I were to wager, the odds are with the RS but frankly 6 games is do-able.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Three years ago, the Phillies made up 7 games on the Mets with 17 to play.  so it is very possible when a team collapses.  Are the Sox in a collapse mode?  We'll find out this weekend if the Rays sweep.

Sections
Shortcuts