Mark My Words............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Mark My Words............

.......Youk will be traded, and Hanley Ramirez will be a Sox when the 2012 season begins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Mark My Words............

Marked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Mark My Words............:
    [QUOTE].......Youk will be traded, and Hanley Ramirez will be a Sox when the 2012 season begins!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

If that happen, that is fine with me.  Boston have alot of option who get to play at 3b.  More likely goign to be one of these players, Scutaro/Lowrie/Aviles. Then the next two odd players out will be trade!!

But do Florida really want Youkilis?  That is the question mark.  Boston isnt going to eat up any of Youkilis's final year of contract as well they shouldnt part away any of prospect cuz both players are pretty even against each other!!

Another thing, would that make the offense line up any stronger?  Since you substract Youkilis and add Hanley.  It would not make any offense any stronger. Maybe for a long term!!  Heck no way that Boston is going keep Youkilis if they want Hanley cuz of $$$$$!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Alibiike, the reason Hanley asked to be traded was because he wants to play SS, not 3rd base.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I don't agree with Ike, but don't think it's crazy like some of the "let's trade Lowrie, Anderson, McDonald and a toaster for King Felix" suggestions around here, but this is classic example where legal betting would be great.  Someone says it will happen, and opens a book to put their money where their mouth is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Sox are better off with Youk ... and Scuttaro ... but that trade could happen.    Lowrie plays 3rd.   So does Aviles.   Hanley back to short.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd sooner mark my cards

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

but this is classic example where legal betting would be great.

Organized crime capitalizes off idiots who follow media proverbs, either way. Kind of like Big Labor Unions.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In Response to Re: Mark My Words............:
    [QUOTE]but this is classic example where legal betting would be great. Organized crime capitalizes off idiots who follow media proverbs, either way. Kind of like Big Labor Unions.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I don't mean to imply that Youk will be traded for HM. I simply meant Youk would be traded somewhere. He may not even be involved in acquiring HanRam, but certainly a three team deal is possible, and somewhere in the mix, either this deal or another, the Sox will have to come up with a #4 starter or keep Wake with Bard or Aceves starting.
    Lucchino implied a significant trade and I think it involves Youk and HM.....just a gut feeling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonb1969. Show jasonb1969's posts

we really need a headcase like him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Manny needs to turn Wastefield on to HGH, instead of Beer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Alibiike, the reason Hanley asked to be traded was because he wants to play SS, not 3rd base.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Hi J, yeah..we didn't see that one coming..Sealed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE].......Youk will be traded, and Hanley Ramirez will be a Sox when the 2012 season begins!

Ike, your words are marked, as I believe Hanley has as much chance of returning to the Red Sox as the despicable Ramirez does...actually the despicable man-child would actually be a better fit in 2012 in RF than his attitude-ridden namesake at SS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I'll mark'em, but I ain't buying. Yuk is one of the top right handed hitters in MLB. Good to great RH'ers are getting very hard to come. HamRam is a bunch of trouble, he's got issues, real issues. Stay away should be cleary displayed on his baseball card.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see Hanley at short..
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

And here I thought that it was Buster Keaton in that avatar.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

So, let me get this straight.

The 2011 Sox were plagued with superstar diva attitudes, not enough sacrifice to the team cause, and not enough playing hard every single day ...

... and part of the remedy for that is Hanley Ramirez?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Please, god, no!  How does this help the Sox win now, or in the future?  They need pitching and a RH bat for OF/bench.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Keep in mind who Hanley has been playing with and his current age. Teens and early 20's that are trying to find an identity. If he came to the Sox or Detroit or the Yankees--can you imagine how someone like Ortiz would welcome him and take him under his wing. He will further blosson and be the player he's capable of being.
    Get him here whatever it takes. I will hate to see Youk leave if he's part of any trade--I think he was doomed when Papi was resigned.

[QUOTE]we really need a headcase like him?
    Posted by jasonb1969[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

With Crawford at 20 million for 2012 and beyond, makes more sense to trade Ellsbury and 8M than Youk's final year. Keep Youk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Keep in mind who Hanley has been playing with and his current age. Teens and early 20's that are trying to find an identity. If he came to the Sox or Detroit or the Yankees--can you imagine how someone like Ortiz would welcome him and take him under his wing. He will further blosson and be the player he's capable of being. Get him here whatever it takes. I will hate to see Youk leave if he's part of any trade--I think he was doomed when Papi was resigned. In Response to Re: Mark My Words............ :
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

OK OK.  I'll play along.  Lets assume that he would pull off an amzaing 180 degree attitude adjustment.  Given that the Sox need pithcing bad, real bad.  And given that nobody wants another mediocre shortstop in the field, and given the reason that the Marlins are even considering moving him is because of his unwillingness to not play short, and given that his price tage would be steeeep, could i have a couple of reasons why trading away talent for this fantastic attitude having Hanley would be a good thing?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Or shouldn't it be, "Mock my words?"  In spoken New England language it would be the same anyway. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Mark My Words............": [QUOTE]With Crawford at 20 million for 2012 and beyond, makes more sense to trade Ellsbury and 8M than Youk's final year. Keep Youk. Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE] Of course softy. It ALWAYS makes more sense to trade Ellsbury. Peace in the Middle East can be brought about by trading Ellsbury. World hunger can be ended by trading Ellsbury.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]With Crawford at 20 million for 2012 and beyond, makes more sense to trade Ellsbury and 8M than Youk's final year. Keep Youk.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Perhaps your high-powered lawyer mind sees things beyond my limited intelligence, Softy.  I see trade opportunities in two ways:
    • Fit
    • Value
    Value - seems obvious to me:  if the Sox think an asset has little value (lack of talent, lack of health, age, impending free agency, high salary, etc.) than surely most/all other teams see the same value.  Of course the value a good Front Office provides is to exploit other teams' misjudgments, but that seems increasingly rare these days....and the days of backing up the truck to the St. Louis Browns or Philadelphia Athletics to pick up stars for surplus trash and cash are long gone.

Fit - whether outward (we have a surplus), inward (trading partner does) or shared, that is obviously not the case around Ellsbury/Crawford.  If you have even a tenth of the intellect you claim to have, surely even you are aware that Crawford has played only about 50 games in CF in his career, has a poor throwing arm, has stated publically many times he has no desire to play CF and, while still young-ish at 30, is not likely to increase his speed and reaction time at this point. 

Are you really this dumb, or just baiting people?