Mark Reynolds at 1B??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Mark Reynolds at 1B??

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

The guy is a shell of what he used to be.  a one or two year contract for a guy that is more than capible of hitting 40 plus bombs at 6-8 million a year is definitly something worth looking into. Your someone that strikes me as being penny wise and dollar foolish

The bum who had 24 HR @ Baltimore is now in their dumpster. He has as much chance to hit 40HR with the Red Sox as you do. Zilich!

How many years for this bum?  Desperate would be putting it mildly for the 2nd rate 1st base bum, Reyonlds.

VMart is a gifted overall hitter from both sides, who can also catch. He has 2 years left on his contract, and because he's a gifted hitter from both sides who can also backup catch, he's also easily tradeable for the same or more than he cost. He's also a professional when it comes to his labor contract obligations, which has been a problem for the Red Sox.

Reyolds is nothing but a bum who swings for the fences and would not be season long upper team RBI producing on an everyday basis as the Red Sox 1st baseman.

Beltre, AGon and J. Upton, to name a few are not "just singles hitters". It's about OPS, not 23 HR in a season from some launching pad house.

Yes the "bum" that managed 23 homers in a down year. Id say his chances of hitting forty playing 81 games in fenway is achievable seeing as he averaged 30+ homers from 2009-2011.

Although victor is still an above average contact hitter this team doesnt need Switch hitting contact hitters It NEEDS RH power. Reynold has driven in 85 Runs or more 4 times in his career.

Reynolds will def ahve his share of K's, but he will hit a ton of HR at Fenway and if his second half stats were real, he should have a decnt avg and obp as well...I know his defense at 1b looked very good and impressive at times, so Im not worried there. Hes also another one of those easy going, good clubhouse guys...Id sign him to around 2/16M with a 3rd option.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

Not up to me to check............Did Baltimore check his stats....Yes they did and did not want him back...... They know much more then me.... I was just agreeing with with them....I think they know a lot more then you!!

The Orioles may well want Mark Reynolds back, but not at the projected $8.9 millon salary it would have cost the team if the O's had tendered Reynolds a contract.

I encourage you to study up on the business of baseball.

I encourage you not think you know all about the business . Iknow very little myself but i do know that just because a name player is let go by another team we do not jump at the fact that named player will help our team.Now is this player not worth much ,Do the O's see something that you might have missed? Is the reason always about money? Since you know the business part of it ,Can you let us all know whats really going on with Reynolds. Help us out. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

I encourage you not think you know all about the business . Iknow very little myself but i do know that just because a name player is let go by another team we do not jump at the fact that named player will help our team.Now is this player not worth much ,Do the O's see something that you might have missed? Is the reason always about money? Since you know the business part of it ,Can you let us all know whats really going on with Reynolds. Help us out.

These reports from the Baltimore Sun should help:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-dan-duquette-on-decision-to-non-tender-mark-reynolds-1130,0,7535956.story

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-non-tender-first-baseman-mark-reynolds-1130,0,6956824.story

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Yes the "bum" that managed 23 homers in a down year. Id say his chances of hitting forty playing 81 games in fenway is achievable seeing as he averaged 30+ homers from 2009-2011.

I'd say you don't have a clue about what kind of profile it takes to "achieve 40 HR with the Red Sox".

The team already has RH power in the corner IF. Reynolds is the latest Red Sox fan "look what he did against the Red Sox" pipe dream. 8 Million a year for two years of the great Mark Reynolds isn't a fit or a value, but he is the latest pipe dream figment.

And you do softlaw??? Omg We have one RH Power hitter on the team could we not use another??? Keep playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess softlaw checkers seems to be your level you dope. I could give a crap about"Value fit" are we now a small market team that cant afford to give out a 2 year 16 millions dollar contract to a guy who can help us. I think not. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Was non tendered by the orioles.. Has an insane amount of power but strikes out alot and after a down year hitting .221 with 23 homers he could probably be had for decent money(probably 6-8 mill a year on a one or two year deal). Reynolds could be good insurance incase Napoli signs elsewhere. What do you guys think, ye or ne on Reynolds if Naps doesnt end up here.

And seven more Salty's will surely get us a last place finish.  You don't improve a club with guys like this, just have a few good moments here and there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

And seven more Salty's will surely get us a last place finish.  You don't improve a club with guys like this, just have a few good moments here and there.

According to the 2013 projections at the Bill James Handbook, Mark Reynolds would produce a slash line the resembles that of Will Middlebrooks:

MR 622 PA, .213/.336/.463/.799

WM 565 PA, .277/.316/.490/.806

The issue may come down to how many high-strikeout hitters the Red Sox can afford to have in their lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

According to the 2013 projections at the Bill James Handbook, Mark Reynolds would produce a slash line the resembles that of Will Middlebrooks:

The issue may come down to how many high-strikeout hitters the Red Sox can afford to have in their lineup.

I agree hill, we really need to stay away from too many of these guys.  Our team had its best success when the lineup had a well balanced OBP of around 360/370.  Guys like Salty, Reynolds and Iggy would need to be surrounded by serious talent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree hill, we really need to stay away from too many of these guys.  Our team had its best success when the lineup had a well balanced OBP of around 360/370.  Guys like Salty, Reynolds and Iggy would need to be surrounded by serious talent.

It also had its best success when we had starters like Pedro, Schill, Lowe, Beckett...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am sure that the Orioles still like Reynolds or they would not have played him every day during the second half of last season when they were in a pennant race right to the end.

I do see them not wanting to give him a raise beyond the almost 9M he made last year.  I would bet that they have already had contract talks with him that might get 5-6 M per year for a couple of years.

He is worth a look for the Sox as long as they are not going to give either Gomez or Sands an opportunity to win the spot next spring.  Reynolds strikes out a bunch and he appears to be a guy who will never hit for much of an average, but he can hit HRs and will drive in runs if the guys ahead of him are on base.

Cheaper, fewer years and a better athlete than Napoli.  Cheaper, fewer years and no draft pick given up like with Laroche.

Again, I would like to see Sands and Gomez get the chance next year and if both flop by mid-season, pick someone up to finish out the season.

Sections
Shortcuts