Marlins are virtually putting everyone available..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Marlins are virtually putting everyone available..

Let the Giancarlo Stanton trade talk begin!!

We will have to give up boat load of our eilte prospects to land Stanton.  But I think he will be worth it depending on whom we give up.  Obviously Marlins are going into complete faceoff and they want a fresh start with youngsters with 1-2 yrs away from ML ready. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Marlins are virtually putting everyone available..

I'm thinking Brentz, Webster, Iggy, Lava, Rubby, Cecchini, and Owens for Stanton, JJ, and Reyes (taking on most of his contract and give Marlins payroll flex)

Our lineup looks like

Reyes(SS) - Pedey(2B) - Ells(CF) - Stanton(RF) - Papi(DH) - Napoli(1B) -WMB(3B) -Salty(C) - Victorino (LF)

Bench: Ross, Ciriaco, Nava, Sweeney

Rotation

Lester-JJ-Bucholz-Doubront-Lackey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

seanny,

I think giving up three out of our top 4 pitching prospects is too much.  But I actually think you have the makingsof a trade that the Marlins would be interested in. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

hunter,

maybe I take out Owens and replace him with Melancon? Marlins could use him as their closer and he had succeeded as a closer in NL plus he's team team controllable until '17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

seanny,

I think giving up three out of our top 4 pitching prospects is too much.  But I actually think you have the makingsof a trade that the Marlins would be interested in. 

[/QUOTE]

You re right that Boston rather to not to trade too much pitching prospects just for one pitcher in return.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Stupid Hillbilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There was an idiot poster on here who is now hiding. He claimed the Marlins woudln't trade Ramirez because they needed him to be the face of the new stadium and a contending Marlin franchise with sellouts. I said the Marlins would sell Hanley and everyone else, once they suckered the ticket sales fools like the Marlins poster who bought season tickets.

[/QUOTE]
    It is really a shame that they invested so much money in building a new ballpark and have so many problems already.  I still expect them to turn things around in the next few years.  Although, I have said many times, baseball franchises just don't seem to be very successful in Florida.  When you look at Tampa Bay and Miami, neither of them have many fans.  An increased fan base would contribute to their success.  I just don't think it is going to happen.  I still believe that the Tampa Bay franchise should relocate to another part of the country where a baseball franchise will be more successful. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There was an idiot poster on here who is now hiding. He claimed the Marlins woudln't trade Ramirez because they needed him to be the face of the new stadium and a contending Marlin franchise with sellouts. I said the Marlins would sell Hanley and everyone else, once they suckered the ticket sales fools like the Marlins poster who bought season tickets.

[/QUOTE]
    It is really a shame that they invested so much money in building a new ballpark and have so many problems already.  I still expect them to turn things around in the next few years.  Although, I have said many times, baseball franchises just don't seem to be very successful in Florida.  When you look at Tampa Bay and Miami, neither of them have many fans.  An increased fan base would contribute to their success.  I just don't think it is going to happen.  I still believe that the Tampa Bay franchise should relocate to another part of the country where a baseball franchise will be more successful. 

[/QUOTE]

Virigina maybe? they have to stay eastside though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I like the idea of Melancon, rather than Owens.  Melancon may well be important to someone's bullpen next season, but the Sox are crowded there.  Owens, in a recent article I read, may be right behind Barnes on the development ladder.

I should think that NC might make a really good location for a ML team.  A lot of people moving there from the northeastern states, there might be a really good market for a team in one of their developing urban markets.  Or how about Tenessee?  They have a football team.  Nashville could use a ML franchise, IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

I'll say it again. Anyone out there that thinks Marlins would trade Stanton, I have some water front property for sale. 23 yrs old hit 37 hr's in 123 games and makes $480,000. If anything Marlins will look into dealing bloated contracts. Reyes/Johnson possibilities, but Johnson scares me did not look like same pitcher last yr, was not throwing the ball by people the way he was prior years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Blue Jays are about to acquire Josh Johnson, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports:

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/268490930485616641

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

yep looks like the jays are about to get josh johnson mark buerhle and jose reyes as well. Meanwhile, the last place red sox have signed back up catcher david ross, awesome. keep up the great work ben. yet again, as other teams get better, the sox do nothing. going to be a long offseason, feels alot like last years and we all saw how last season turned out. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Ben...Call Miami quick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

AA: We'll take on Reyes AND Buerhle too if you just give us JJ. We'll also give you Hechevarria and Alvarez, too.

Loria: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

REMIND YOU OF SOMETHING?

Colletti: We'll take on Beckett AND Crawford if you just give us A-Gon. We'll also give you De La Rosa and Webster.

Cherry: ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

THE MARLINS ARE THE NEW RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Boston cannot offer a better package than the Jays?

This is crazy.  Maybe MLB will pull a David Stern.   LOL

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boston cannot offer a better package than the Jays?

This is crazy.  Maybe MLB will pull a David Stern.   LOL

[/QUOTE]

Why would we want to?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Why would we want JJ, a pitcher whos velocity has gone down over 2MPH the last 2 years and will probably be no more than a 3 or 4. era 3.91 in the NL. Burhle, whos good, but at the end of the road, and Reyes at what, 22M? Seriously? And give them all our young talent too?

The marlins WANT more guys like Stanton, not give them away...Get that name out of your heads.

I swear some of you guys will NEVER learn.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It seems like Boston was pushing for JJ and Reyes but the Jays blew away the Marlins. 

And southpaw, why would the Marlins trade away Stanton? If a player can get you 5-6 high profile prospects, you pull the trigger especially when you are in Marlins situation.. You just don't get it.  it's baseball stuff..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Virigina maybe? they have to stay eastside though.

[/QUOTE]
    Virginia may be a good location.  I would imagine that their is another city where they would welcome a baseball franchise and would have a good fan base.  Maybe a city where they already have a good fan base  of other sports franchises and no baseball franchise. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

It seems like Boston were pushing for JJ and Reyes but the Jays blew away the Marlins.  And southpaw, why would the Marlins trade away Stanton? If a player can get you 5-6 high profile prospects, you pull the trigger especially when you are in Marlins situation.. You just don't get it.  it's baseball stuff..

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Southpaw;  Stanton's going nowhere this winter.  He's going to cost <$500K in 2013 so there's no imperative to trade him for financial reasons, then 3 relatively cheap years of arb control.  They will try to rebuild around him for now and still have years to get good value for him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Let the Giancarlo Stanton trade talk begin!!

We will have to give up boat load of our eilte prospects to land Stanton.  But I think he will be worth it depending on whom we give up.  Obviously Marlins are going into complete faceoff and they want a fresh start with youngsters with 1-2 yrs away from ML ready. 

Maybe every team should follow the Marlins....

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ben...Call Miami quick!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Ben, my team has not made the playoffs since 1993 so I had to offer more to the Marlins.

- Blue Jays GM

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

pass

Sections
Shortcuts