Marlins are virtually putting everyone available..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Marlins are virtually putting everyone available..

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It seems like Boston were pushing for JJ and Reyes but the Jays blew away the Marlins.  And southpaw, why would the Marlins trade away Stanton? If a player can get you 5-6 high profile prospects, you pull the trigger especially when you are in Marlins situation.. You just don't get it.  it's baseball stuff..

I agree with Southpaw;  Stanton's going nowhere this winter.  He's going to cost <$500K in 2013 so there's no imperative to trade him for financial reasons, then 3 relatively cheap years of arb control.  They will try to rebuild around him for now and still have years to get good value for him.

I'm saying he's available.  I'm just saying he could become available.  And Stanton tweeted after the blockbuster trade that he's pissed off.  Well, I'm not sure If any GM wants to build a team around a player who's not happy with the GM decision and go public right after..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Lets start a 4th thread on it. If we get bored with that we can start "trade for Hanley" threads

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Lets start a 4th thread on it. If we get bored with that we can start "trade for Hanley" threads

Good idea. I don't know if anyone has thought of this yet, but maybe we could get King Felix too...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Stanton is a young masher who has hit almost 100 HRs in his first three seasons. He will be 23 years old this upcoming season and won't be a free agent until 2017. I would feel bad for the Green Monster if he played the next decade in Fenway. He is a legitimate threat for 80+ XBH every season. He is also (for ESPN/Twitter followers) "pissed off". Time to prepare a monster trade offer.

What would it take?

Bogaerts, Rubby, Jacobs, Owens, de la Cruz ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:

Stanton is a young masher who has hit almost 100 HRs in his first three seasons. He will be 23 years old this upcoming season and won't be a free agent until 2017. I would feel bad for the Green Monster if he played the next decade in Fenway. He is a legitimate threat for 80+ XBH every season. He is also (for ESPN/Twitter followers) "pissed off". Time to prepare a monster trade offer.

What would it take?

I would offer : Boegarts, Jacobs, Owens, Webster for Stanton and Bell (we have room to carry Bells salary and the Marlins are apparently broke).  At the end of the day, the marlins would probably say no....But id offer it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

What would it take?

I would offer : Boegarts, Jacobs, Owens, Webster for Stanton and Bell (we have room to carry Bells salary and the Marlins are apparently broke).  At the end of the day, the marlins would probably say no....But id offer it.

They dumped Bell on AZ last month...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It seems like Boston was pushing for JJ and Reyes but the Jays blew away the Marlins. 

And southpaw, why would the Marlins trade away Stanton? If a player can get you 5-6 high profile prospects, you pull the trigger especially when you are in Marlins situation.. You just don't get it.  it's baseball stuff..

I was referring to the JJ/reyes/Burhle types. Now Stanton would be a very nice addition, but like I said, I highly doubt they let him go without giving up your entire farm system..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What would it take?

Now this is a kid I would let go of Bogaerts for. Not Upton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

What would it take?

Now this is a kid I would let go of Bogaerts for. Not Upton.

Agreed...and I don't throw around the idea lightly. Bogaerts is the #1 prospect for good reason. But Stanton is better and is still prospect age.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

BUMP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Stanton is a great young right handed power hitter, who is getting better with each year.

This is one of those things where, almost anything you'd give up, would be worth it.

Can you imagine Stanton in Fenway? Scary!

Not a bad fielder, either. Has a good arm for RF.

I'd pony up for him, long before Justin Upton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:

I'd pony up for him, long before Justin Upton.

Most folks would.

In July columnist Dave Cameron at FanGraphs ranked Giancarlo Stanton with the fifth-highest trade value and Justin Upton with the 28th-highest trade value:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/2012-trade-value-5-1/

Cameron had ranked Upton fifth the previous year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

It seems like Boston was pushing for JJ and Reyes but the Jays blew away the Marlins. 

And southpaw, why would the Marlins trade away Stanton? If a player can get you 5-6 high profile prospects, you pull the trigger especially when you are in Marlins situation.. You just don't get it.  it's baseball stuff..

Its also about putting fannies in the seats. Trade Stanton and you might as well rent out new stadium for concerts because there will be no fans showing up for games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Its also about putting fannies in the seats. Trade Stanton and you might as well rent out new stadium for concerts because there will be no fans showing up for games.

They should be renting out the stadium for concerts anyways. Multiple revenue streams = good business.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to garyhow's comment:

They should be renting out the stadium for concerts anyways. Multiple revenue streams = good business.

if they trade Stanton Im sure they will have to rent it out more often they they already do...I doubt they get rid of him for nothing less than a kings ransom.Probably more than what the Sox or most teams are willing to do...

Sections
Shortcuts