Marlins will require Bradley, Bogearts, Barnes & Middlebrooks for Stanton because they will get at least that if they put Stanton on the market

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I also think JBJ, Barnes, Cecchini would also be a good alternative as a way to keep XB.

With specifics come proof that your thinking is delusional. There is no "way to keep XB". In fact, there is no way to keep any of the top 3 B's, as the competition will eclipse that with MLB solid younger starter profile plus top prospects.

I understand you love Ellsbury and wanted him given a big FA contract, but it's not happening. You have a better chance that Bradley will end up in RF, beside Ellsbury, which isn't happening either.

You need to cherish the last partial or full season for Ellsbury, and just hope he isn't back on the DL. You can then become a fan of the team that foolishly gives him a FA contract.

what does JAcoby have to do with me wanting to trade for Stanton?? please point out where i said anything that resembles that.. I want to trade for stanton because he is a stud. The dude is a monster and would put up disgusting numbers in fenway park. by the time 2014 rolls around the sox will be offering young cost controlled "MLB solid younger starter profile" in JBJ (especially if we keep him in the minors for 2 weeks) and top prospects in Barnes-Cecchini/Bogaerts. So boom goes the dynamite on your counter-point.

I understand you love J Upton and wanted to trade the farm for him + give him a big FA contract, but it's not happening. That doesn't mean the sox shouldn't trade for a real stud in Stanton, who is a better player offensively and defensively than bad attitude Upton who only has 3 years left at a high price until he seeks another large contract. Stanton is cost controlled somewhat until 2017 and a bonafide monster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I also think JBJ, Barnes, Cecchini would also be a good alternative as a way to keep XB.

With specifics come proof that your thinking is delusional. There is no "way to keep XB". In fact, there is no way to keep any of the top 3 B's, as the competition will eclipse that with MLB solid younger starter profile plus top prospects.

I understand you love Ellsbury and wanted him given a big FA contract, but it's not happening. You have a better chance that Bradley will end up in RF, beside Ellsbury, which isn't happening either.

You need to cherish the last partial or full season for Ellsbury, and just hope he isn't back on the DL. You can then become a fan of the team that foolishly gives him a FA contract.

what does JAcoby have to do with me wanting to trade for Stanton?? please point out where i said anything that resembles that.. I want to trade for stanton because he is a stud. The dude is a monster and would put up disgusting numbers in fenway park. by the time 2014 rolls around the sox will be offering young cost controlled "MLB solid younger starter profile" in JBJ (especially if we keep him in the minors for 2 weeks) and top prospects in Barnes-Cecchini/Bogaerts. So boom goes the dynamite on your counter-point.

I understand you love J Upton and wanted to trade the farm for him + give him a big FA contract, but it's not happening. That doesn't mean the sox shouldn't trade for a real stud in Stanton, who is a better player offensively and defensively than bad attitude Upton who only has 3 years left at a high price until he seeks another large contract. Stanton is cost controlled somewhat until 2017 and a bonafide monster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Sections
Shortcuts