Matsuzaka is a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Matsuzaka is a disgrace

Jerry Remy stated that Matsuzaka's pitchers were no better than what was being thrown during batting practice.

I have to believe Francona is sick of this guy. I would love to be in his office tonight when he calls Theo in to talk about this trash pitcher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace

At least he won't be a disgrace at 45 years old, like old sorry Tim Wakefield.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]The thing abot MDice K is people talk about his great stuff. Ive never seen great stuff from him. He has ZERO command, its either 2 ft out of the zone or pinpoint in the middle of it. I dont think hes not trying, i just dont think he ever had the talent to be a big league pitcher. 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I have NEVER seen great stuff from him, and your point about not being able to locate JUST OFF THE PLATE is spot on, since all the great pitchers do that (Maddox the epitome). And for the life of me, I never understood what all the fuss was about his great assortment of pitches (giro ball?), because I haven't seen a single one he can consistently throw for a strike. What do you suppose the Sox Brass saw when they scouted/pursued him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigld57. Show bigld57's posts

Doesnt anyone here blame his catcher Salty? This bozo has no feel for game calling or for batsmanship. Hes a big, strong, athletic moron!!  Salty killed Buchholz vs Yankees calling for curves & change ups galore Russell Martin just sat on it and drilled it, in Texas the same Salty called for slow curve and Kinsler knew it was coming and drilled it...Dice K threw 6 first pitch slow curves dead center (Saltys target) and the Rays were waiting on them! Damon did get a 91 mph fastball that was up, but it was in the outer part but Damon hooked it just good hitting after that Salty went curve change the whole game!! ANY pitcher MUST establish the fastball and locate them to both sides, up and down then and only then you start to mix in breaking balls and change ups thats why its called a CHANGE UP!!  your changing speed off your fastballs We shoulda signed Russell Martin & got rid of Tek & Wake salaries then Salty would be a back up
    Dice K needs to BE ALLOWED to be wild in the zone The Sox have forced him to throw strikes first and get ahead in counts which has stripped away his movement!! LEAVE HIM ALONE  in 2008 he was 18 and 3 with a 2.97 ERA and was knocked by the media for throwing too many balls SO WHAT??? no runs is
    ALL THAT MATTERS  18  and 3 whats so bad?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wake's finished alight, in everyway except a roster move. It's completely unprofessional to have Wakefield on the active roster.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Straw65. Show J-Straw65's posts

All the money and hype aside, I can't help feeling a little sorry for Dice as a person.  He is obviously very sad and out of sorts.  He certainly has a load of pitching talent, but I think his head is so screwed up, he's homesick, culture-shocked, worried about his homeland, whatever, that he is just paralyzed, broken-hearted and unable to compete.  And unfortunately, it's severely damaging our team's chances.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive been patient enough with this clown(Dice-K). trade him and offer to eat the rest of the 20mil owed to him. really, this guy refuses to talk in english, cant pitch consistantly to save his life, sits away from everyone on the bench and just seems like he'd rather be anywhere else than Boston. And Im sorry but with all due respect, Wake isnt that much better...This team has a ton of talent and everytime this guy takes the mound it seems all the energy leaves the ballpark...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

I could have sworn I was watching "Eight Men Out" tonight with the pitcher throwing every single pitch dead center of the plate. Not only does he suck but now shows no heart whatsoever. Horrible

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from potkas7. Show potkas7's posts

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]They have a large investment in Matsuzaka and are not about to throw it away.  Last night I thought, there's no way they can let him out there for his next scheduled start.  This morning my head is clearer.  He will make his next start and be on a very short leash.   I think it will take two more of these performances in a row to get him designated for assignment.
    Posted by winslow1191[/QUOTE]

In Intro to Finance the teach you the concept of "Sunk Costs."  The $100-Mil The Red Sox squandered on Dud-K is gone and there's no point in throwing any more good money after bad trying to rehabilitiate him.  He's underperformed since day 1 (And those early winning seasons had more to do with the Red Sox offence than his pitching)  Trade him if you can. Otherwise, CUT HIM LOOSE NOW!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

ummm...
    Mister all about ERA head
    Dice-K's ERA is nearly double Mr. Potatosaladhead's.

Leave it to softy:  every thread turns into a Wake-bashing tired old rant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from markartis. Show markartis's posts

Unfortunately the Sox have no other viable options for the 5th starter.  DiceK will get a few more chances and if he doesn't turn it around then they'll designate him.  Wake doesn't look any better.  Aceves is totally unproven.  Sorry but this Sox team and it pitching staff might end up remembered as "looked good on paper".  15 games under .500 for April is not looking that ridiculous?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sand1990. Show sand1990's posts

Dice-K was horrific, but I think Francona leaves his pitchers in too long.  Usually, I can tell, within and inning or two, if the pitcher has it or not.  Last night, 2 on, no outs in the second inning, I would have had someone up! Don't wait until the game is out of reach.  At this point, the Sox can't afford to be giving games away.  You have to have a Plan B.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjtek. Show pjtek's posts

I'm sick.  Sick and tired of the losing, sick and tired of Dice Cant pitch, sick and tired of Wake (thanks for the memories) and sick of watching our guys put 5 runs on the board only to get hammered!  They're better than this and when we get rid of the dead weight we will have something to cheer about again!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

The thing abot MDice K is people talk about his great stuff. Ive never seen great stuff from him. He has ZERO command, its either 2 ft out of the zone or pinpoint in the middle of it. I dont think hes not trying, i just dont think he ever had the talent to be a big league pitcher. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

Bobby Valentine on ESPN said he thinks Dice-K is off the Red Sox, soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Since75. Show Since75's posts

This situation is very much like going to a restaurant you were told had this great chef.  You go try out some food one night and hey its pretty good.  So like a lot of people you go back and try it again and it all tastes like crap.  Ahhh must have just been a bad night so a you decide to give it another chance thinking it must have been a fluke.  This time it's just average not great not suckish.  So the question is do you keep going to the same restaurant or say damn I'm not wasting anymore time there.  Personally I'm tired of going to Matsuzaka's house of brilliant mediocrity.  Seems lately all he does is burn the food.  Fire the chef. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jim---k. Show jim---k's posts

Another head-case pitcher.  Why is everyone surprised?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

They have a large investment in Matsuzaka and are not about to throw it away.  Last night I thought, there's no way they can let him out there for his next scheduled start.  This morning my head is clearer.  He will make his next start and be on a very short leash.   I think it will take two more of these performances in a row to get him designated for assignment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallawalla. Show wallawalla's posts

although the Globe Poll has readers voting to trade him over out-right release, I have to wonder if any team in their right mind would want him at this point. 
    What bothers me, even more than his terrible pitching, is his whole 'being' on the mound. He radiates defeat and self-pity.  I coach little league and tell my pitchers that how you project yourself on the mound says a lot to the hitters.  Stand tall, look tough and don't let them see you sweat.  Hitters can smell fear on the mound and they are able to feed off of that. 
    Can we trade him back to a Japanese team so he can rebuild his 'Wah'?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Silly....Wake would not have pitched tonight if Dice-K could have at least kept it close, the idea is to not use him. Seems to me the starting pitching has been so bad they just need a guy that can throw a lot of pitches and move along yet another embarassing game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garryW. Show garryW's posts

What's the mystery? The guy isn't even a decent #5 starter. He was paid a gillion dollars to make every Red Sox fan want to gouge their eyes out watching him pitch.  Either he goes full count on everybody or throws strikes right down the middle. What happened to his gyro ball? I can count on part of one hand's fingers the number of truly great games he's pitched to warrant his multi million dollar status. Now he seems like a nice man, and I feel bad when he has that hound dog look of defeat on his face every time out, but he's gotten to the point where Wakefield would be a better starter in his place. It's a shame that the only time Dice K pitched well was during that stupid WBC a few years ago. It's time to get rid of the guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THIS TEAM HAS SOME SERIOUS ISSUES BESIDES DICE K.
    BRIAN CASHMAN MADE A FOOL OF EPSTEIN THIS PAST
    YEAR. HE WENT OUT AND GOT GRANDERSON, MARTIN,
    AND CHAVEZ. THREE DECENT CONTACT HITTERS, AND ALL
    GOOD FIELDERS. THEO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CAMERON,
    DICE, ELLSBURY, SALTALAMACCHIA, AND LACKEY. I
    BOSTON IS NOW THE LAUGHING STOCK OF BASEBALL.
    IT IS A TEAM WITH ONLY STATION TO STATION CAPABILITY.
    IT HAS ONLY ONE OR TWO LEGIT HR. HITTERS , AND A GON
    IS A GAP HITTER. WHEN WE GET BEHIND, WE CAN'T CATCH
    UP. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF GEORGE
    STEINBRENNER HAD BEEN THE OWNER OF THE SOX AND
    SEEN THIS 16-4 HUMILIATION. HEADS WOULD ROLL.
    FIRST TO GO WOULD BE FRANCONA, AND A LOT OF OTHERS
    WOULD FIND THEMSELVES AT TRIPLE A...SALTY COMES TO
    MIND RIGHT AWAY. CRAWFORD WAS A BAD "GET" . HE IS
    JUST A PUNCH AND JUDY HITTER, ONLY A LITTLE BETTER
    THAN COCO...AND WHAT DID "WONDER BOY" PAY FOR THIS
    BUM ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Whatever happened to the gyro-ball?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

This guy is maddening. He's the kind of pitcher that as bad as he was last night, he'll probably go 6 innings, 3 hits, 5 K's, 1 ER....Then he'll get rocked again.

The definition of DICE-K - Inconsistenct; to not live up to expectations; "trick or treat"

Sections
Shortcuts