Matsuzaka is a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace

Of course you aren't, because you have agrandized the current staff ERA. Your point is to be a concern troll. It's a tired old act.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeroyBrownn. Show LeroyBrownn's posts

Daisucko isnt a disgrace.

Just another over-hyped product of Theo and Fatty Bill James.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]The thing abot MDice K is people talk about his great stuff. Ive never seen great stuff from him. He has ZERO command, its either 2 ft out of the zone or pinpoint in the middle of it. I dont think hes not trying, i just dont think he ever had the talent to be a big league pitcher. 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

My 1st choice would be Aceves who has MLB experience and pitched well while with the Yankee's until he got injured. So, he has proven that he can pitch in the AL East. Doubront, on the other hand, is not quite ready to face AL East hitting on a regular basis and right now I don't believe it would be a good decision to throw him under the bus. Let's keep him in the bullpen and give him the opportunity to work on his skills and develop the mental makeup necessary to insert him into the starting rotation

Much like Dice K, Wakefield had been getting hammered as well lately. Dice K no longer has the mental makeup to pitch in the majors. Wakefield has had a terrific career but it is time for him to hang it up and move on. Actually, I was surprised that he was re-signed by the Red Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Hill, you do realize that those 10 game stats will be meaningless at year end. I'll bet you your crediblity that the Red Sox pen and starting pitching staff finished in the top half of the AL by season end. My guess is that you won't take that bet, and are simply a trolling concerned Yankee fan.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]
    Of course the Red Sox pitching won't be as bad all season as it has been the first 10 games. The bigger question is whether the Red Sox pitching will be adequate enough for the Sox to contend.

My friends got a laugh when I told them I was called a "trolling concerned Yankee fan." My favorite team is the American League club with the lowest expectations this year ... I alluded to the Seattle Mariners in my first post to this thread.

Best regards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Hill, you do realize that those 10 game stats will be meaningless at year end. I'll bet you your crediblity that the Red Sox pen and starting pitching staff finished in the top half of the AL by season end. My guess is that you won't take that bet, and are simply a trolling concerned Yankee fan.
    Last year the Red Sox starters finished sixth among the 14 American League teams with an ERA of 4.17 while the Red Sox bullpen finished 12th among the 14 AL teams with an ERA of 4.24.

I respect your prediction of improvement, but I'm not a betting person.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]For some reason this ADG has a real knack for starting threads that get many responses. It this a God-given gift or did he go to school for this skill? I've seen other threads that were full of statistics, thought, imagination, and insight, that went nowhere. It must be an art to be so magnetic and successful. Hats off to ADG.
    Posted by Natick-Ned[/QUOTE]

Natick-Ned - Thanks. It's 40 years of being a fan of the Sox and knowing something about a pitcher not making adjustments and grooving it down the middle. I did the same at times, pitching for Tufts.

Anyway, the Red Sox may have just got what they needed (rain) to skip DiceK's rotation spot.
    This is why he is a disagree.
    Of 12 starts in 2009: only 3 times did he make it out of the 6th, and 7 of them his in game ERA was over 8.
    Of 24 starts in 2010: over 40% he game up 4 or more runs.

In addition, how many times do you want to hear a ballplayer say "I apologize to my teammates and the fans".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Dice has never been the same since he played for Japan in the Worlds. Remeber the Sox's do have a new pitching coach.
    Posted by vertmont[/QUOTE]

This is actually not quite right.  People seem to forget that, when he came back from his Reboot Exile in Ft. Meyers, he pitched great.  The best we've seen.  Better than 08 (though of course in a much smaller sample) because he was attacking hitters and not nibbling as much (12 walks in 24 innings compared to 94 walks in 167 innings 2008).  He was 3-1, in 4 starts, with a 2.22 ERA in September.  Not one meltdown in the bunch.  That tease has been enough to keep me hoping that, with health, he could still be a quality pitcher.  This start, of course, has seriously dampened my hopes.  But, nevertheless, in the midst of this awful two years for Dice, he had a pocket of really nice pitching in the stretch of 09.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Wow Spaceman!  You are an optimist..... :)

I think we have a big enough sample to realize that Dice-K simply won't or can't listen.  FOR ME.....  That is the key issue.  Let's forget about this nibbling nonsense.  More often than not, the guy can't even get close to his spots.  OR.... he's just too scared to do it????

I won't even get into Dice-k's inexplicable, & frankly inexcusable, getting hurt in Japan & not telling our staff!  THIS is NOT honorable!

Most Red Sox fans are done with the excuses!  Don't know how, but it's time to move on!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Wow Spaceman!  You are an optimist..... :) I think we have a big enough sample to realize that Dice-K simply won't or can't listen.  FOR ME.....  That is the key issue.  Let's forget about this nibbling nonsense.  More often than not, the guy can't even get close to his spots.  OR.... he's just too scared to do it???? I won't even get into Dice-k's inexplicable, & frankly inexcusable, getting hurt in Japan & not telling our staff!  THIS is NOT honorable! Most Red Sox fans are done with the excuses!  Don't know how, but it's time to move on!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, I hear you.  I have been holding out hope because of the aforementioned comeback in the fall of 09.  he seemed to not only get the message, but also to be effective with that message.  So, my hope was that last season really was just lost to health (not an excuse, as the small nagging injuries seemed most likely due to poor conditioning), and that, with a proper Spring Training to get his stuff together, he would pick up where he left off in 09.  Based on outcomes thus far, I humbly admit that I may have gotten this one all wrong.  Still holding out hope, as I think we actually really need the good Matsuzaka to show, given that Lackey really has mediocre stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

These contracts are absurd.  If the money is earned that is one thing.  But these national budget teams in all sports are beyond what most peoples' lives are like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he had a bad start - just leave it....we have micromanaged this guy from day 1 and it backfired...let him throw 250 pitches and then do long tosses the next day...sometimes you can mess up a good thing and he was good (not as good as we wanted apparently/or heard)...

btw Wakefield would grab his starts if he were replaced...no thank you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Hill, you do realize that those 10 game stats will be meaningless at year end. I'll bet you your credibility that the Red Sox pen and starting pitching staff finished in the top half of the AL by season end. My guess is that you won't take that bet, and are simply a trolling concerned Yankee fan.

This is a very unfair wager.
    The bet would have to weigh his credibilty against yours - and you have none.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

You have a childlike fixation on Varitick and have the audacity to talk about crediblity. You certainly have zero. Don Orsillo is the latest to shoot down your nonsense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

Harness finally knows that Softlaw is bad for the forum. One down and another 127 to go. At least it is a start, better late than never. Keep up the corrected attitude. Someday the forum may be rid of trolls. Anything is possible. As it stands, many come here for the sole purpose of being entertained by them. Go figure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]You have a childlike fixation on Varitick and have the audacity to talk about crediblity. You certainly have zero. Don Orsillo is the latest to shoot down your nonsense.

Must be recess time in Romper Room.
    No way they let you out otherwise.

Maybe if - and that's a huge if - -- you graduate to kindergarten, and then

to elementary school levels, you might learn how to spell "Varitek".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace : Must be recess time in Romper Room. No way they let you out otherwise. Maybe if - and that's a huge if - - - you graduate to kindergarten, and then to elementary school levels, you might learn how to spell "Varitek".
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I beleive the current spelling is v e r i c r a p

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Harness finally knows that Softlaw is bad for the forum. One down and another 127 to go. At least it is a start, better late than never. Keep up the corrected attitude. Someday the forum may be rid of trolls. Anything is possible. As it stands, many come here for the sole purpose of being entertained by them. Go figure.
    Posted by sunslav[/QUOTE]

I try to find and focus on people's attributes.

Softlaw proved to me he is a conniving liar. I can't respect a liar.

I thank God people like you and I don't have the power of final judgement.
    It is my belief and hope that God is merciful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPfdM0HBXg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

So those here who have one hundred posters on ignore have bad judgement and you do. It is nice to be as tolerant as you but doesn't it clutter your monitor, mind, and reduce your enjoyment of the forum? You don't have stock in the Globe, do you. Softie is the only liar? Many of us see many more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I didn't say he was the only liar.

Who we choose to communicate with is part of our liberty, and I don't take kindly to being patronized as to my choices.

Neither did they: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovy38-LRSfg&feature=related

I've had enough of people's "best intentions" politely shoved down my throat.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I know how to spell your fixated idol's name, but he's like a tick, so Varitick fits him better as he washes out in his final backup catcher stump role.

Now, let me rain on your pipe dream with a little something from another "romeperoom" poster, Mr. Don Orisllo:

I have a hard time blaming him for the pitching staff's rocky start. Yes, he is relatively new and is learning the staff as he goes, but these guys are throwing what they want to throw and when. This is a veteran staff and each hurler has his own idea of how to attack hitters. People have pointed to Salty and pitching coach Curt Young as possible answers to these early pitching struggles and I just don’t agree -- I think the pitchers have to be accountable for their individual performances. The success for Josh Beckett on Sunday night against the Yankees, with Jason Varitek catching him, will likely fuel this theory further for those who buy into this.

Only a fool buys into it. If there was any truth to it, teams would have been shooting the moon trying to get ole on the field and off the field magic fingers to be the backup catcher. Get over it, Varitek has nothing to do with whether a pitcher performs. You'll need to find another childish fixation, soon, because Mr. Varitick is going to be forced out of MLB because he won't go voluntarily. He'll ask for another Red Sox player and he just got his last one unless Theo's other hinge comes off.

As for your rage over some old poster, whoever it was couldn't have been worse than you. George Washington was a liar. You are most certainly are a liar. Your personal attacks are pitiful, just like your Varitick magic fingers nonsense is. You need help from a mental health amateur who specializes in childish idol fixation disorder.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"Orisllo" is a fine announcer. But he's just that: an announcer.  Is he  aware of how pitchers perform with and w/o Tek - the exacting data?

Beckett isn't 61-27 with Tek/ 11-14 w/o Tek for a reason.
    The BP didn't have an ERA 1.5 runs more with VMART than with Cash/Tek by "coincidence".
    You are and always have been blind to a catcher's relevance.

The Tigers got a nice effort on the mound tonight as they upset the Rangers.
    VMART was 1-4...as a DH.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

VMart caught the last win.

Varitek stunk it up with Buchholz.

Varitek didn't catch Beckett's WS shutdown of the Yankees.

Orsillo knows more baseball than you do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Better chance that Wakefield falls down while walking up the mound.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgbpd. Show jjgbpd's posts

I went to the Rays game Monday.... easily the most embarassing and pathetic RedSox game I have ever been to.  Awful in every phase of the game. 

Sections
Shortcuts