Matsuzaka is a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwhallett. Show bwhallett's posts

Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace

"Pacific rim fanbase" I love it. Are there many sox fans in Vancouver, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Peru, Chile, or even the western US who care if we release a poorly performing pitcher? Is that a joke? If you mean Japan, say it. Yes, Japanese fans who follow the sox because of DiceK may stop, but is this really worse than having a chance at winning?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

good bye national treasure, you cant pitch to save your life

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]All the money and hype aside, I can't help feeling a little sorry for Dice as a person.  He is obviously very sad and out of sorts.  He certainly has a load of pitching talent, but I think his head is so screwed up, he's homesick, culture-shocked, worried about his homeland, whatever, that he is just paralyzed, broken-hearted and unable to compete.  And unfortunately, it's severely damaging our team's chances.
    Posted by J-Straw65[/QUOTE]

C'mon, J-Straw.  This is his 4th year here.  He still doesn't talk to his teammates, has made no effort I've seen to try to learn the language, is a loner in the digout and a prima donna on the field.  No excuses for this dude, Dude.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

FWIW... what Dice-K had to say after the game....http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=13681515&query=game_pk%3D287038

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Theo?? every GM out there wanted this guy. only the big market teams could afford or were willing to pay the posting fee and salary. they had to bid just for the rights to negotiate.

the fact he hasnt pitched to expectations is something else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingOSmakk. Show KingOSmakk's posts

Yay, one voice of reason.

I cannot believe how much excuse-making is going on for the Diva.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJ911Smith. Show JJ911Smith's posts

He reminds me of Clay Buckholtz a couple of years ago, completely lost and without confidence. Why not send him to the minors for awhile. There's no risk in doing that.,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Observer157. Show Observer157's posts

Boston media and fans have hated on Dice-K since the FIRST DAY he joined the team! They called him overpaid, overrated, a bust before he ever did anything. Then, when his first two years he won a World Series, finished top3 in Cy Young voting, and had a 6-3 MLB playoff record, these same Boston media and fans were still hating on him! Now that Dice-K changed his entire pitching mechanics and training regimen that his coaches insisted on, he's regressed as a pitcher, and these same Boston media and fans are now HAPPY that he's finally the bust they claimed and hoped he would be all this time.
    Nevermind that John Lackey and DL Drew both make twice what Dice-K makes, and are both EPIC BUSTS. Boston has always had a major double standard in who it excuses and who it roasts. Dice-K was merely tolerated his first two years due to his success, but now it's open season on blasting him.  Muted silence: Lackey 3IP, 9ER. Up in arms: Dice-K 2IP, 7ER.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from v057296. Show v057296's posts

You're a real genius realbz.  Where do you come up with this stuff?  Amazing originality.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Californiaredsoxfan. Show Californiaredsoxfan's posts

How come Theo doesn't take enough blame for this? Here's a pitcher that's paid to be an ACE and he can't even get to the 6th inning. 1 good year. Average at best 11-7 and 4.28 ERA with a 1. 4 WHIP. Cannot throw a fastball by anyone. That's why he has always struggled. Hitters foul more balls off him than anyone in baseball. Shows no competitive heart. Our pitching staff is just bad! Lester doesn't win games till May, Lackey is horrible, Buchholtz unproven, Beckett rebounding hopefully and Dice K batting practice day. This is what I don't get. You have talent in minors and but Theo and Francona keep sending guys out there to LOSE GAMES-ie Dice K and Wakefield. It's like they don't care about winning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

[QUOTE]All the money and hype aside, I can't help feeling a little sorry for Dice as a person.  He is obviously very sad and out of sorts.  He certainly has a load of pitching talent, but I think his head is so screwed up, he's homesick, culture-shocked, worried about his homeland, whatever, that he is just paralyzed, broken-hearted and unable to compete.  And unfortunately, it's severely damaging our team's chances.
    Posted by J-Straw65[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kayfbee. Show kayfbee's posts

One post-game commentator said Sox have made Dice-K the pitcher they want, with their routines instead of letting him pitch as he did in Japan and perhaps they should let him follow the routine he had when he arrived. Japanese pitchers are not usually fastball pitchers. They rely heavily on a variety of breaking balls. Ands they throw a lot more often, on the side, than do American throwers.
    Why does FranCOMA persist in leaving on the mound guys who don't have it on a given night He should borrow from "Capt. Hook" and pull them more quickly.
    That's my complaint with Terry.

If the Sox hit with runners on base they'd be a lot better than 2-8.
    Would seem to me Ortiz, Drew and Gonzales should be trying to go to the off-field and maybe foil those shifts into which they are hitting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I am surprised so many are ready to dump him.  I say give him two or three more starts before deciding to dump him. If he continues to be bad that's all you can do is cut him because no one will be interested. Not like his trade value is going to change. Lackey, to me is a greater concern. Bringing him here we were all told he was the #2. Really??? Did any scout see him pitch before they brought him here? If so they should be fired. He is nothing more then a glorified batting practice pitcher. And what will you do to replace Dice-K? You have Wakefield in the wings for Dice K's spot in the rotation? WOW .. no wonder this team is going to continue to have problems.
    Posted by FNewhall65[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Dice is an enigma and oft-times a train wreck, but we've seen him get it going real nice (even in the midst of this last horrid two year stretch, he pitched great when he came back from exile in the fall of 09).  Lackey, though, I just don't know what he has to get people out on a consistent basis.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeroyBrownn. Show LeroyBrownn's posts

I think disgrace is kind of strong.

Can we change that to "total disaster"?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rowseman. Show rowseman's posts

Poor Daisuke

This poor guy is in a foreign land, his homeland is in one of the worst crises of modern times, and he can't get hitters out. Let the poor S*O*B go back to Japan; the great experiment has clearly gone awry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingOSmakk. Show KingOSmakk's posts

marc302:  "As far as Lackey, tade him with Matsuzaka and a prospect for King Felix. "

Why would Seattle even consider that?  Comical.  Two overpaid underperformers and a prospect?

If and when they ever trade Felix, they will clean house, netting 4-5 prospects overall, with at least 1-2 who are already priving them selves at MLB level, but are signed below market value.

Not saying that's a fair deal, but that's what they will command.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matsuzaka is a disgrace : [QUOTE]In Response to Matsuzaka is a disgrace : I may agree if your english grammar was up to par with your thoughts.  Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE The English looks fine to me, expect yours ... the verb when faced with supposition is WERE, as in "WERE up to par with your thoughts" or "if I WERE a rich man.
    Posted by kayfbee[/QUOTE]

What is it that you 'expect yours' ? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lquintin. Show lquintin's posts

This guy knows what he is doing...hoping the Red Sox to trade or release him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marc302. Show marc302's posts

The most significant issue that stood out from last noght's game was that Matsuzaka just falt out quit. I do not know of any pitcher that woul n't adjust something after being smoked three times in an inning. He kept throwing off speed batting practice when he had a93mph fast ball. Frankly, if team hit when I pitched in college or even high school someone was getting a country fastball high and tight....maybe even two. This guy has asolutley no heart. I am not talking about work ethic. Just no game fire. I am tired of O'l Wakefield losing credability every year, then having to come in and cleaning up the past few years. Put him between Lester and Becket and that will keep teams way off balance from, one game to the next. As far as Lackey, tade him with Matsuzaka and a prospect for King Felix.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FNewhall65. Show FNewhall65's posts

I am surprised so many are ready to dump him.  I say give him two or three more starts before deciding to dump him. If he continues to be bad that's all you can do is cut him because no one will be interested. Not like his trade value is going to change. Lackey, to me is a greater concern. Bringing him here we were all told he was the #2. Really??? Did any scout see him pitch before they brought him here? If so they should be fired. He is nothing more then a glorified batting practice pitcher.
    And what will you do to replace Dice-K? You have Wakefield in the wings for Dice K's spot in the rotation? WOW .. no wonder this team is going to continue to have problems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeroyBrownn. Show LeroyBrownn's posts

I will give you two egg rolls for dice.

That's the best I can do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwhallett. Show bwhallett's posts

Next outing: 7IP, 2H, 1R, 1ER, 2BB, 7K. The enigma will continue!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from realbz. Show realbz's posts

When I posted here two years ago stating that this National Treasure, or as I called him Muchowalka, was a piece of crap, most people here called me a moron, or worse.  I'm glad people are finally seeing him for what he has always been, a piece of crap.

I would now like to give him a more appropriate nickname, Muchohomer.

For those of you true die-hard Dice-Fans: the odds of him ever becoming a servicable pitcher for the Sox, or any other MLB team, is about even with my hitting the Mega Million Jackpot!!!  Take that to the bank.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sauterne. Show sauterne's posts

Well what we saw last night was te two worst pitchers that the Sox have.  Not surprised that the Rays scored twelve runs. Fortunately we are unliklely to see that combination again, lets hope not. Why not make a gift of Dice K to the Yankees? They are looking for pitchers.