Matsuzaka Rehab Start Tonight

Tonight's line:
    5.3 IP
    7H
    5ER
    1BB
    2 HR
    90 pitches

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Matsuzaka Rehab Start Tonight

It looks as if he is ready to take his place in the current rotation. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Was it for Portland or the Paw Sox? I haven't been keeping track. Either way it doesn't sound too impressive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Matsuzaka Rehab Start Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Tonight's line: 5.3 IP 7H 5ER 1BB 5K 2 HR 90 pitches
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Very poor.   If he cant get AAA players out he is not ready to face major league batters.  Look how Cook did in his first start.  Don't make the same mistake Ben.  Keep Dice K down until everyone is certain he is ready.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka Rehab Start Tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Matsuzaka Rehab Start Tonight : Very poor.   If he cant get AAA players out he is not ready to face major league batters.  Look how Cook did in his first start.  Don't make the same mistake Ben.  Keep Dice K down until everyone is certain he is ready.
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

i don't think you would have pitched any better with your leg gashed open.... what did he do prior to that? romped in AAA and got a 1-2-3 with that sinkerball of his in the first inning. he would have fared much much much better if he didn't have his leg almost cut off

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

It was mere flesh wound mef.....lmao

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sound like he's in mid-season form.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Looks like he got lit up pretty good in AAA. No need to rush him back at this point. Give him a chance to get back his strength & confidence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

That needed 11 stitches to close---as reported.

[QUOTE]It was mere flesh wound mef.....lmao

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think he comes off the DL May 22 according to something I read or heard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

His ERA was 2.70 before that start. 

"In four rehab starts, he's pitched 18 2/3 innings and allowed nine earned runs on 18 hits, with six walks and 19 strikeouts. Matsuzaka's ERA elevated to 4.34 from 2.70 after Saturday's game."

- MLB.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Matsuzaka Rehab Start Tonight : Very poor.   If he cant get AAA players out he is not ready to face major league batters.  Look how Cook did in his first start.  Don't make the same mistake Ben.  Keep Dice K down until everyone is certain he is ready.

Matsusaka recovering from TJ surgury is on a very structured rehab program and won't be rushed back. He will be activated once he's completed the entire process and my guess is that unless he has a setback, likely join the club in late June or early July (the orginal timeline)...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prisgriff. Show prisgriff's posts

They have to activate him by May 23rd not June.  They can have him remain on the DL but he will not be able to pitch in the minors.  They should have left him in Ft. Myers for a few weeks before they sent him out on a rehab assignment.  They have enough pitchers - they should have bought him back after the All Star break.  I think they are rushing him too fast!  I think it is remarkable that he is even pitching 11 months after TJ surgery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

They should be able to extend his DL if he is not ready to pitch but I am not sure of the rule.  If he is struggling with minor league bats he is going to be another catastrophy waiting to happen when he faces major league bats.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In Response to Matsuzaka Rehab Start Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Tonight's line: 5.3 IP 7H 5ER 1BB 5K 2 HR 90 pitches

Posted by ADG[/QUOT

Just the kind of line the Red Sox management love to see.  They will probably bring him up sooner than later and give him a new 5 year contract north of 15-20 mil.  Go Sox! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The guy is coming back from TommyJohn surgery - can we give him just a little bit of a break, if he has a bad outing in a rehab asssignment?

I realize that most of you, post Tommy John would be back at your keyboards drinking a Stroh's light within a week - but for a baseball player, it takes a little while when doctors REPLACE A TENDON in your pitching arm.

As far as I can tell - he's ahead of schedule.

Sections
Shortcuts