Matsuzaka shut down

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Matsuzaka shut down

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka shut down:
    [QUOTE]am i surprised? a player on the SOX being injured and taking forever to come back. no!
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

An ignorant reply. If you know anything about Tommy John surgery, you would know it takes at least a year to come back. It's been less than a year for him so far. He pushed it too much. It appears he should have waited another month before making those rehab stats.

When he had surgery, it was thought the Sox might have him back at the All-Star break. That timetable shouldn't have been moved up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I just think he started too early on his rehab.  That is the problem for him in all these years....he never listen to anyone except himself.  Now look at him, he is messing up his baseball career!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

This is BS. It's just another way to manipulate the roster until they can figure out what to do with Dice. The DL is used repeatedly for that purpose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]This is BS. It's just another way to manipulate the roster until they can figure out what to do with Dice. The DL is used repeatedly for that purpose.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE] you should hope so Harv, or this could be a real setback(for him at least).. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In the words of that great American , Gomer Pyle , " Surprise , surprise ."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]This is BS. It's just another way to manipulate the roster until they can figure out what to do with Dice. The DL is used repeatedly for that purpose.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

BS?  Have you seen the results oh his recent rehab starts?  Pretty obvious he still needs recovery time.  The luxury is that, with the rotation still healthy and Bard, while not being great, still worth seeing out, the club can afford to shut Dice down and let things play out for a while.  I fail to see what is BS about that.  Even if it was purely roster manipulation, why would that be BS?  Thats what clubs do.  Managing roster for a whole season takes shrewd manipulation.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Setbacks during Rehabs are more common than not having a setback....whether this is roster manipulation or a true injury it doesnt look that serious, so it should cost him another 6 weeks on the DL/Rehab.....which just about brings us to the break....the rotation stays as is until then and if everyone is still healthy...by then Bard gets about 7 more starts and he will be around the mid 80's in inngs pitched.....we should know is he has figured out beign a starter and if not he moves back to the pen with enough bullets left to finish the season as a set up guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

You're only supposed to have 30 days of rehab assignments coming off the DL.  This is just a way for Dice K to get more starts in the minors before getting the call up.  

[QUOTE]
    Matsuzaka made no mention of discomfort following his last start Thursday night for Triple-A Pawtucket, in which he gave up five runs in 6 2/3 innings to Durham.

"I feel fine right now," Matsuzaka said through interpreter Jeff Cutler. "Nothing awkward. No pain. I feel good."
    [/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matsuzaka shut down : An ignorant reply. If you know anything about Tommy John surgery, you would know it takes at least a year to come back. It's been less than a year for him so far. He pushed it too much. It appears he should have waited another month before making those rehab stats. When he had surgery, it was thought the Sox might have him back at the All-Star break. That timetable shouldn't have been moved up.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

but roy, this is another example of a high-priced contract guy who fell in disfavor fan-wise, trying to rush back to faster to prove they are worth their contracts. I agree with the injury needing healing time, so it boggles the mind that on both Crawford/Dice-DL that both tried to rush back too soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

With both CC and Dice-K, I'm not anxious to see either one come back soon! 

Our outfield is much stronger without CC!  I hate to say it, but I've pretty much given up on the guy.  I don't think he's in any rush either.  I think he's scared s h i t l e ss to come back.  It's actually sad!  He's completely lost his confidence, & I don't know if he can ever get it back here???  I PRAY I'm wrong, as we are stuck with him for the next 6 years!  He also seems like a very nice kid!

DICE-K????   I'm SHOCKED anybody wants to see him back with the big club.  If it was simply about him being injured, I'd be pulling for him all the way!  It's not.  It's about lying about his WBC injury, making out like it happened in ST.  The leaking of KEY INFO back in Japan that the club should have known, over & over?????? I'm done rooting for his return!!!! I'll hold my nose if he does come back.  Even if he does pitch half decently, watching him pitch is absolutely brutal!!!! Healthy or not!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'd like to know how to tell the difference between when Matsuzaka is "ready" and "not ready" to pitch.

Considering all the hype when they signed this guy, he has stunk even when healthy. Sure, he has 6 different pitches, and he can't find the strike zone with any of them...including the gyroball!

Theo and Borass must have had a wild crack party with Theo smoking the majority of the crack when Matsuzka and Drew were brought here. I could've picked two more productive players off the "retired players" list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]You're only supposed to have 30 days of rehab assignments coming off the DL.  This is just a way for Dice K to get more starts in the minors before getting the call up.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I am a little confused by this.  Isn't the worst that could happen if we wanted to keep him in the minors that some other team could claim him and his salary?  I don't see that as a bad thing right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Looking at his rehab starts he couldn't even make it as an effective minor league pitcher, so what use is he to the Red Sox?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matsuzaka shut down : An ignorant reply. If you know anything about Tommy John surgery, you would know it takes at least a year to come back. It's been less than a year for him so far. He pushed it too much. It appears he should have waited another month before making those rehab stats. When he had surgery, it was thought the Sox might have him back at the All-Star break. That timetable shouldn't have been moved up.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I agree Roy. Too much too soon. last year of Dice K's contract and if he wants to continue to play MLB, he's pitching for another.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't know why anyone is eager to get him back anyway. What would we get? Just more of the same exasperating stuff. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matsuzaka shut down : BS?  Have you seen the results oh his recent rehab starts?  Pretty obvious he still needs recovery time.  The luxury is that, with the rotation still healthy and Bard, while not being great, still worth seeing out, the club can afford to shut Dice down and let things play out for a while.  I fail to see what is BS about that.  Even if it was purely roster manipulation, why would that be BS?  Thats what clubs do.  Managing roster for a whole season takes shrewd manipulation.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

The BS is the injury setback. Believe me, if the SP hadn't started coming around, we would see Dice-K back.
    My guess is they are trying to figure a wasy to move him without having to eat too much salary.
    Rehab starts are what they are. Stats don't tell anything about mechanics and durability. Stats for posisiton players that do rehab starts after an injury don't mean squat either, they do those to get their timing back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's struggled the last 2 yrs so I don't see how he would be any kind of help. But I would also like to see what he could do w/ Bobby V as his manager.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Matsuzaka shut down:
    [QUOTE]Are you surprised? Looks like Bard might be staying in the rotation a while. http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7952997/boston-red-sox-pitcher-daisuke-matsuzaka-rehab-hold-strained-trapezius
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]
    THIS is simply strategic. to keep him in the minors longer now that his 30 day rehab is almost over, they have to invent or exaggerate an "injury" and shut him down for a week. then he can come back and start a freah 30 days. that will give us all ab etter idea as to bard's and dice's situations!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Good.  I want to keep Bard in the rotation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know why anyone is eager to get him back anyway. What would we get? Just more of the same exasperating stuff. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Yep, your typical Dice K. performance which will consist of 5 innings pitched, 100-110 pitches, 5 or 6 walks & maybe a strikeout or 2. The team is better off without him.

Sections
Shortcuts