Matsuzaka to Remain in Rotation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Matsuzaka to Remain in Rotation

They found a mechanical flaw in his stretch that they said will solve the issues DiceK has been having as of late, and therefore he remains in the rotation.

What a joke!

What is the point?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Matsuzaka to Remain in Rotation

I don't think Bobby had any choice.  Who else will they call up?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Valentine needs to put a pound of Wasabi into Dice-K's mouth so that he wakes up from his slump.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Valentine needs to put a pound of Wasabi into Dice-K's mouth so that he wakes up from his slump.  

Is that the spicy pistachio ice cream like Mater likes?  Yeah.  That'll work!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The owners need to mandate that Matsuzaka has to stay in the rotation for the rest of the season in order to help get the team a better draft pick in each round next June.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

The owners need to mandate that Matsuzaka has to stay in the rotation for the rest of the season in order to help get the team a better draft pick in each round next June.

What they should do is give Tazawa a couple of starts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I second - four good pitches, and a mid-90s fastball.  We're not going to find an ace on the open market - we need to give guys like Tazawa, Mortensen and Aceves a shot at starting. I'd also like to see Steven Wright have a shot - impressive numbers since discovering his knuckle-ball.  Could be the next RA Dickey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

More examples of ownership doing what's best for the player, in this case helping Dice-K build up his rep for a FA signing this winter, instead of what is best for the team: starting Taz or Mortensen.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Cook needs to be taken out of the rotation--another reason to part co. with V.

Starting DiceK is ridiculous. Put together a bullpen night--each get an inning--if it gets out of hand let Dice mop up.

What good does it do to have him start--it's demoralizing for his teammates.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I second - four good pitches, and a mid-90s fastball.  We're not going to find an ace on the open market - we need to give guys like Tazawa, Mortensen and Aceves a shot at starting. I'd also like to see Steven Wright have a shot - impressive numbers since discovering his knuckle-ball.  Could be the next RA Dickey.

[/QUOTE]

Aceves blew any shot at starting last night.  He'll be lucky if he pitches again this year in any capacity.  If I were the manager, he wouldn't; guys with sore arms would be lobbing them in underhanded before Aceves sees the mound.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Discouraging to read the thread.

The  guy says the right things about the Sox. He wants to play here, etc.   I believe he will make a comeback in another two years when he gets the right pitching coach and manager. There is just too much negativity surrounding him in Boston--he will have a decent game then threee stinkers. Boras should look for a new start for him.

I wish they would give others a shot at starting--perhaps Wright, perhaps another shot for Stewart before the season ends--both guys pitched the last two nights for the PawSox---so one would be ready to take Cooks next start; Stewart's on the 40 so that wouldn't be a problem. I suppose they could move Ortiz from the 15 to the 60 DL and put Wright on the 40.

The PawSox playoffs will be over by Sunday at the latest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Maybe you want Beckett back?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I needed to bring this back up to the top of the threads. This staff must be made of stooges. They kept him in the rotation because they found a mechanical flaw that was fixed. HA.

This guys stinks and he should never pitch another game. Period. 60+ pitches in 3 innings.

He's awful!