Matt Albers Has Pitched His Way Off of the Playoff Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Matt Albers Has Pitched His Way Off of the Playoff Roster

There is no way that Matt Albers should be on the playoff roster.  He has completely lost it.  He comes in and throws BP to the opposing team.  He was great for 4 months but he is HORRIBLE right now.  Can't pitch him in anything other than a blowout game.  I'd rather have Bowden or Atchison (and I am not an Atchison fan).  To bring him in last night with the bases loaded was ignorant.  I turned off the t.v. when I saw he was coming in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Matt Albers Has Pitched His Way Off of the Playoff Roster

That's if the Sox hold on and make the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

not that it matters but if everyone has pitched their way off the playoff roster, then who makes the playoff roster? A bunch of clowncar relievers from Pawtucket? And Kevin Millwood might be a toast pitcher, but I still might have given him a shot based on his career. Yes, he lost his fastball, he can join a club of many on that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Albers Has Pitched His Way Off of the Playoff Roster:
    not that it matters but if everyone has pitched their way off the playoff roster, then who makes the playoff roster? A bunch of clowncar relievers from Pawtucket? And Kevin Millwood might be a toast pitcher, but I still might have given him a shot based on his career. Yes, he lost his fastball, he can join a club of many on that.
    Posted by dannycater
    I was only talking about Albers, no one else.  The only other current pitcher on the roster who shouldn't be on the playoff roster is Wakefield, for obvious reasons: He can't start and can't be a reliever in a close playoff game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Tryouts for the playoff roster are going well.

Albers ( far left ) is seen trying the Gyroball pitch he has learned from Daisuke( middle), while Tim Wakefield's wife (right)participates in the fun.

Only Daisuke is expected to be left off the roster, unless Francona and Theo actually open their eyes before September 30.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

This is just the baseball gods' making a course correction. Alber's pitched beyond reason in first half and now is paying the price.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -----theYAZZER-----. Show -----theYAZZER-----'s posts

Tryouts for the playoff roster are going well. Albers ( far left ) is seen trying the Gyroball pitch he has learned from Daisuke( middle), while Tim Wakefield's wife (right)participates in the fun. Only Daisuke is expected to be left off the roster, unless Francona and Theo actually open their eyes before September 30.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

those two morons can keep their eyes closed, because the SOX are not going to the playoffs.

more news; the SOX will be going to spring training next year w/o those above mentioned morons.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Posted by dannycater

Great post! Williams, Morales, Bowden, Douront and Atcheson---where do they get these guys and what's happened to our vaunted minor league system that these are the best we can produce? Jenks gone; Albers and Bard look burned up and Wheeler isn't a great help. Aside from Paps the pen looks to be a sorry sight at the moment. Even if we make the playoffs this crew doesn't inspire confidence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Nothing can break a team more than a bad bull-pen, the offense goes into every game thinking no lead is safe, the manager will over use his starters, it's just a recipe for disaster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tntoriole. Show tntoriole's posts

Nothing can break a team more than a bad bull-pen, the offense goes into every game thinking no lead is safe, the manager will over use his starters, it's just a recipe for disaster.
    Posted by attic-dan

As an Orioles fan, this is the Matt Albers who used to drive me absolutely crazy...he was a bum when he pitched for us with occasional flashes of good pitching....you got to know something is up when the Orioles, for God's sake, release a pitcher

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Albers shouldn't be chastised for his lack of effort last night he's been consistantly bad since the end of June,he is what he is a mop up pitcher you know the guy who comes in when your team is up by 20 or down by 20 either way he can't hurt you.What a wasted game yesterday.Send Albers to the Hanshin Tigers for a Japanese pitcher to be named later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Matt Albers Has Pitched His Way Off of the Playoff Roster:
    There is no way that Matt Albers should be on the playoff roster.  He has completely lost it.  He comes in and throws BP to the opposing team.  He was great for 4 months but he is HORRIBLE right now.  Can't pitch him in anything other than a blowout game.  I'd rather have Bowden or Atchison (and I am not an Atchison fan).  To bring him in last night with the bases loaded was ignorant.  I turned off the t.v. when I saw he was coming in.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

Jenks being a bust hurt our pen, as Lackey has our starting rotation this season.  Albers was a long shot to begin with and guys like Atchison and Wheeler don't make us any stronger.  Morales has been ok, but I think Aceves, Bard, Pap, Miller and maybe even Bedard or Clay could all give us time in the PS so I'm not real worried about the pen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Albers Has Pitched His Way Off of the Playoff Roster : I was only talking about Albers, no one else.  The only other current pitcher on the roster who shouldn't be on the playoff roster is Wakefield, for obvious reasons: He can't start and can't be a reliever in a close playoff game.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

I guess John Lackey gets a free pass for throwing mediocre in pretty much 90 percent of his starts this season, but he's a gamer. And gamers with WHIPs that are off the charts are the type of guy you want on the playoff roster instead of Wakefield, who just happens to have a much better WHIP. Low WHIP usually accounts for less runs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Albers Has Pitched His Way Off of the Playoff Roster : I guess John Lackey gets a free pass for throwing mediocre in pretty much 90 percent of his starts this season, but he's a gamer. And gamers with WHIPs that are off the charts are the type of guy you want on the playoff roster instead of Wakefield, who just happens to have a much better WHIP. Low WHIP usually accounts for less runs. 
    Posted by dannycater

90%is as fictitious as Softone's 43% fat city.
    By all means, keep hammering Lackey to make Wake look good.
    Another Softone tactic.

As for thread author, care to make any bets on Albers not making the PO roster?
    The roaches run when it's put up or shut up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

harness, I do it because Lackey has yet to come through, really come through with some super big starts for the Sox. His game in Texas was about as close I guess as it gets. If Lackey would just show anyone that he deserves the ball over Wakefield than I'll stop using him as a punching bag. I'm still waiting for this to happen, you have to concede that Tim takes way more abuse than John here and yet is throwing better than Lackey, more consistently better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

harness, I do it because Lackey has yet to come through, really come through with some super big starts for the Sox. His game in Texas was about as close I guess as it gets. If Lackey would just show anyone that he deserves the ball over Wakefield than I'll stop using him as a punching bag. I'm still waiting for this to happen, you have to concede that Tim takes way more abuse than John here and yet is throwing better than Lackey, more consistently better.
    Posted by dannycater

They've both taken plenty of fan wrath this year. It's not about Lackey vs. Wake. That's my whole point. It's about team and these guys are doing the best they can to provide pitching depth. Who cares who starts over whom. What matters is putting the team in a position to win. And Lackey, when healthy, and Wake have done that more often than not.

If their seasons don't suit a faction reflecting a spoiled fan-base, tough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Tim Wastefield is ready. No starter or pen worries with Timmy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Look, I want both Lackey and Wakefield to do well, but I disagree with the "wrath" that Lackey has taken. If anything he was being hailed for his efforts when he "won" 6 of 7 starts. But Wakefield is the one getting the DFA, release him, leave him off the PS roster treatment, and there is nothing that is going to change the minds, the little minds of so many in here about who is effective and who is not. Also Lackey should get more abuse since he was signed to be a better than No. 5 starter for 82 million. If he was signed to fill a No. 5 starting spot and that's it, then I guess he's doing his job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Lackey was taking so much sh*t here, I had to devote much time trying to get folks to see him true. The fact both have taken so much crap is a poor reflection of Boston fans.

Sections
Shortcuts