Matt Albers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Matt Albers

I saw him pitch live, he's nasty. Take away that 1 bad outing, and his numbers are lights out (1.78 ERA). He should be the RS main setup man, IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Matt Albers

In Response to Matt Albers:
    [QUOTE]I saw him pitch live, he's nasty. Take away that 1 bad outing, and his numbers are lights out (1.78 ERA). He should be the RS main setup man, IMO.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I might agree except Bard has only given up two hits and no runs for over a month.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Albers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Matt Albers : I might agree except Bard has only given up two hits and no runs for over a month.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I wonder what Lackey would do out of the pen? Some say the team would "lose him" if they move him to the pen, but after today, what's left to lose? Something's gotta be done. I first blame Lackey for this loss, but man, Francona really should have gotten him out of there. He let him go--as it always happens--one batter too far. One mark of a great manager is pulling that pitcher BEFORE that "one too far" happens. I like Tito, I think he's a good manager, but he left Lackey in there too long today--no way around it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder what Lackey would do out of the pen? Some say the team would "lose him" if they move him to the pen, but after today, what's left to lose? Something's gotta be done. I first blame Lackey for this loss, but man, Francona really should have gotten him out of there. He let him go--as it always happens--one batter too far. One mark of a great manager is pulling that pitcher BEFORE that "one too far" happens. I like Tito, I think he's a good manager, but he left Lackey in there too long today--no way around it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Well, a good manager doesn't always panic and pull a SP just because there is trouble in the second inning, either.  Sometimes its better to not risk burning out the bullpen chasing a potentially unwinnable game, and then losing 2 or 3 subsequent games because no one in the pen has anything left...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Albers : Well, a good manager doesn't always panic and pull a SP just because there is trouble in the second inning, either.  Sometimes its better to not risk burning out the bullpen chasing a potentially unwinnable game, and then losing 2 or 3 subsequent games because no one in the pen has anything left...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

so why didnt he let him pitch the whole game then ie 8 or 9 innings.
    he neither tried to win the game nor save the bullpen. brain left at home, d'oh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I had no problem when he pulled lackey..As far as Albers goes, hes been pretty solid all year except for a couple little blips on the radar..Since coming off the DL, wheeler has been pretty good too..In his last 10 games hes thrown 9.1 in. 8H 3R 1BB and 7K's..With those 2 along with Bard and paps throwing good, I think the bullpen is looking OK going into the second half..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Albers seems to choke down in the Bard role. He wasn't signed to set-up. Jenks/wheeler were supposed to have Bard's back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

since i live in delaware, i saw a lot of albers when he was with the orioles and he has had (so far) a much better year with the sox than he ever did with baltimore.

i have been impressed wtih him this year as he has been very consistant and has only had a couple of poor outings.

a nice addition to the team by epstein.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m