Matt Barnes promoted to Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Matt Barnes promoted to Pawtucket

http://news.soxprospects.com/2013/08/matt-barnes-to-be-promoted-to-pawtucket.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Matt Barnes promoted to Pawtucket

It's very crowded in Pawtucket now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Pitches today, good time. PawSox are going for a Play-off spot. Lets see how he does with some pressure. Part of the process. Probably on tight Pitch Count this late in season.  Wish him well. Saw him this year and looked good in game that I went to. Faced the Twins Best Pitching Prospect, and he out pitched him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It's very crowded in Pawtucket now.  

Yes it is, but a lot of those kids will also be coming up in a few days as well.  it's still nice to see a lot of talent percolating at the top. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I would imagine it is not that often that a team has 4 of its top 5 pitching prospects(RDLR, Webster, Ranaudo and now Barnes) all at AAA at the same time.....Henry Owens being the one exception at AA. As was mentioned I am sure we will see RDLR and Webster promoted when Rosters exapnds but it is exciting to see the Red Sox have so many pitching prospects on the doorstep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Probably a very well thought out move by the Red Sox.  Most moves they have made in the last year or so have brought pretty good results.

Give this guy a chance to experience some triple A ball for a couple of starts to see how he handles himself at the highest level possible that is not major league.

He will get to prove whether he looks ready for Pawtucket to start next season after doing fairly well in double A this year.

It is interesting to see how these latest high level prospects do as they move closer to the big leagues.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If the paw sox make the playoffs, they will need replacement arms when RDLR and WEbster head up I-95. Otherwise, Im not so sure he gets promoted. Barnes still has some work with his secondary pitches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I don't know what I'm missing, but it doesn't look to me like he's done that well at AA.  Maybe better lately, but not great.  Good k numbers, lots of walks too though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

After a terrible start, good to see he has bounced back and pitched well of late. Could have packed it in after start he got off to, could be a Sept 015 call up or earlier if injuries hit rotation next year, if he pitches well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

I don't know what I'm missing, but it doesn't look to me like he's done that well at AA.  Maybe better lately, but not great.  Good k numbers, lots of walks too though.

A lot of that was adjusting to better hitting in AA. Not being able to beat guys with just his FB. Hes been getting better with his secondary offerings, but still needs some refining. Hes looking more like a middle of the rotation pitcher, maybe a #2 if he hits his potential.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Am i the only one that wants to see him out of the red sox pen with that k rate for september?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If the paw sox make the playoffs, they will need replacement arms when RDLR and WEbster head up I-95. Otherwise, Im not so sure he gets promoted. Barnes still has some work with his secondary pitches.

I actually think Webster will stay behind, they need help in the bullpen and they might continue to stretch him out as a starter and give him more experience down the stretch.  THough I suspect at some point he comes up to Boston.  probably just mid September instead of September 1st IMO. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

This will be a good challenge for the kid to see where he stands in his development. His K/9 rate in AA was phenomenal, but he really needs to improve that breaking ball. It is important to be able to throw it both for strikes and swings/misses.

That is the next step in his development that must be taken...then he needs to work on pitch efficiency/working deeper into games/improving stamina etc.

I expect a cup of coffee from him late next season, but I don't see him up in Boston until mid-2015 at the earliest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Barnes 5.1 innings, 3 hits, 2 BB's, 7 K's, 0 Runs. PawSox won 2-0.

86 pitches, 56 strikes

Nice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Barnes 5.1 innings, 3 hits, 2 BB's, 7 K's, 0 Runs. PawSox won 2-0.

86 pitches, 56 strikes

Nice.

Any idea why he was pulled out after 86 pitches and dominant start?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

My guess he was in a little trouble, with the third of an inning, high pitch count at this time of season. They used 4 relievers to finish game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I actually think Webster will stay behind, they need help in the bullpen and they might continue to stretch him out as a starter and give him more experience down the stretch.  THough I suspect at some point he comes up to Boston.  probably just mid September instead of September 1st IMO. 

AFter last night I believe I will disagree with myself. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Barnes looked pretty good last night, But Im still not ready to say hes turned that corner. Still needs work on the offspeed stuff. I could see him by 2015.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

His third pitch (CB) hasn't been that good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

2015 roster of the Red Sox (for fun)

Lineup:

1. Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

2. Dustin Pedroia 2B

3. Garin Cecchini 3B

4. Xander Bogaerts SS

5. Jose Abreu DH

6. Will Middlebrooks 1B

7. Shane Victorino RF

8. Bryce Brentz LF

9. Jarrod Saltalamacchia C

Rotation:

1. Clay Bucholz

2. Max Scherzer

3. Henry Owens

4. Matt Barnes

5. Felix Doubront

CL: Rubby De La Rosa

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Lineup:

1. Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

2. Dustin Pedroia 2B

3. Garin Cecchini 3B

4. Xander Bogaerts SS

5. Jose Abreu DH

6. Will Middlebrooks 1B

7. Shane Victorino RF

8. Bryce Brentz LF

Rotation:

1. Clay Bucholz

2. Max Scherzer

3. Henry Owens

4. Matt Barnes

5. Felix Doubront

That is fun.  Max Scherzer huh?  It's good to dream.

I don't see Cecchini as a 3 hitter or Boaegarts as a 4 though.  I'd put Xander in 3 and move Cecchini down to 9th.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Lineup:

1. Jackie Bradley Jr. CF

2. Dustin Pedroia 2B

3. Garin Cecchini 3B

4. Xander Bogaerts SS

5. Jose Abreu DH

6. Will Middlebrooks 1B

7. Shane Victorino RF

8. Bryce Brentz LF

Rotation:

1. Clay Bucholz

2. Max Scherzer

3. Henry Owens

4. Matt Barnes

5. Felix Doubront

That is fun.  Max Scherzer huh?  It's good to dream.

I don't see Cecchini as a 3 hitter or Boaegarts as a 4 though.  I'd put Xander in 3 and move Cecchini down to 9th.

Sox going after a top FA is a dream? LMAO

And you wanna put your best contact hitter in the 9 hole? LMFAO

Sections
Shortcuts