Matt Barnes Update - Shutout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Matt Barnes Update - Shutout

Matt Barnes through a 7 inning shutout for Salem last night, lowering his Salem ERA to 1.32.  The Red Sox can take their time with him, but if this was an organization like Tampa or Atlanta, he'd be moving up.

It's time to see what he can do in Portland.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: Matt Barnes Update - Shutout

In Response to Matt Barnes Update - Shutout:
    [QUOTE]Matt Barnes through a 7 inning shutout for Salem last night, lowering his Salem ERA to 1.32.  The Red Sox can take their time with him, but if this was an organization like Tampa or Atlanta, he'd be moving up. It's time to see what he can do in Portland.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Is that really true?  Though he was a few years younger than Barnes, Matt Moore started 26 games at A in 2009 (age 20, no promotion that season), 26 games at A+ in 2010 (age 21, no promotion that season), then in 2011 he went AA/AA/MLB where he stayed. 

I'm not claiming the one example I checked proves you're wrong, but I'd bet Barnes' progress so far is not a big outlier.  I'll check another couple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Well, Price raced through A+, AA and AAA into MLB in 2008....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Hellickson's progress more Moore-like than Price-like, though again much younger.

I think it's a mixed bag, unsurprisingly, and as I've said before I trust the Sox' development of pitchers and think this discussion would be best in hindsight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

He's definitely better than Banuelos and Betances.  He'll be in Boston before the end of the year IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Barnes Update - Shutout:
    [QUOTE]He's definitely better than Banuelos and Betances.  He'll be in Boston before the end of the year IMO.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Banuelos but definitely better than Dice-K.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Barnes Update - Shutout : I don't know about Banuelos but definitely better than Dice-K.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

How is he definately better than Dice K?? 8k's 1BB 80 pitches 5 IP, 1st start after a year and TJ, sounds pretty good to me, TWM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Barnes Update - Shutout : How is he definately better than Dice K?? 8k's 1BB 80 pitches 5 IP, 1st start after a year and TJ, sounds pretty good to me, TWM
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to see him back too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Barnes Update - Shutout : 2.25 ERA in 12 IP at AAA so far.  2-0 with a 1.74 ERA in spring training.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Pitched just 12 innings this season (April) then went on the DL for "elbow discomfort" where he has been since.

Sections
Shortcuts