Matt Barnes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Matt Barnes

2-0, 0.00 ERA, 4 starts, 21 IP, 9 hits, 34-4 K/bb ratio, .619 WHIP, 14.6 K/9.  At Greenville, which puts him in an appropriate league age-wise.

Yet Mr. Hanky still bleats on about Justin "4 decent months" Masterson being an overpayment for 1.5 years of Victor Martinez.

Of course, Barnes has already committed one balk this spring which is, without doubt, the stat Mr. Hanky will focus his razor-sharp intellect upon......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: Matt Barnes

...and while Henry Owens has been hammered so far at Greenville, he's only 19 which is pretty young for A ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Matt Barnes:
    2-0, 0.00 ERA, 4 starts, 21 IP, 9 hits, 34-4 K/bb ratio, .619 WHIP, 14.6 K/9.  At Greenville, which puts him in an appropriate league age-wise. Yet Mr. Hanky still bleats on about Justin "4 decent months" Masterson being an overpayment for 1.5 years of Victor Martinez. Of course, Barnes has already committed one balk this spring which is, without doubt, the stat Mr. Hanky will focus his razor-sharp intellect upon......
    Posted by Chilliwings

Softy has snapped.

He keeps saying we should've re-signed VMart, even though his catching career lasted just a few games after he left Boston.

And while he thinks VMart was a fantastic bargain at a mere $52M, he apparently is not even as good as Masterson, who is 19-32 with CL, with an ERA of ~ 4.20 and a Whip of ~ 1.40.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Barnes:
    In Response to Matt Barnes : Softy has snapped. He keeps saying we should've re-signed VMart, even though his catching career lasted just a few games after he left Boston. And while he thinks VMart was a fantastic bargain at a mere $52M, he apparently is not even as good as Masterson, who is 19-32 with CL, with an ERA of ~ 4.20 and a Whip of ~ 1.40.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Funny thing about VMart's catching career ... he said he was promised he'd be catcher more than DH at Chitown and that was a main reason, as well as being with fellow Venezuelans, for going there.

I guess ... you play where they put you.

:o)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Except he went to detroit not Chicago, but yes, that was a big reason he went there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Except he went to detroit not Chicago, but yes, that was a big reason he went there.
    Posted by jgallag1

Thank you.  I am chagrined at the error ...  

:o)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Vmart would be catching more if 1) he were not injured and 2) if they didn't already have an excellent catcher in Avila.

Henry Owens strikeout ratio is pretty amazing. Either he strikes the batter out or they get a hit. His BAPIP is like .619 last I looked. Something ridiculous like that. I'm not looking it up but it's catastrophically bad but the guy is also striking people out like crazy.

Sounds like a decent prospect to me!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ROFL.. when i first saw the title, i was thinking y are we discussing a player with the los angeles lakers on the sawx forum? oh well..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

Nice

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Vmart would be catching more if 1) he were not injured and 2) if they didn't already have an excellent catcher in Avila.

Henry Owens strikeout ratio is pretty amazing. Either he strikes the batter out or they get a hit. His BAPIP is like .619 last I looked. Something ridiculous like that. I'm not looking it up but it's catastrophically bad but the guy is also striking people out like crazy.

Sounds like a decent prospect to me!

Wow, a lucid comment in a sea of drivel.

Hey, Chillwrongs, do you have any keen insights on whether Matt Barnes is genocidal, like you siad you joked that I was. Just joking, ha ha................ 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Vmart would be catching more if 1) he were not injured and 2) if they didn't already have an excellent catcher in Avila. Henry Owens strikeout ratio is pretty amazing. Either he strikes the batter out or they get a hit. His BAPIP is like .619 last I looked. Something ridiculous like that. I'm not looking it up but it's catastrophically bad but the guy is also striking people out like crazy. Sounds like a decent prospect to me!
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

By catching more, do you mean more as a No. 2 or as a No. 1. Until 2010 with Boston, Martinez hadn't caught more than 100 games as a catcher since 2007. Yeah, he was hurt in 2008, but the Indians were transitioning him into a part-time catcher. And there hardly was a huge interest in Martinez as a catcher in 2010 before he signed with Detroit.

Regardless of what kind of catcher Martinez was in his younger days, there's no doubt that by 2010 when he was a FA, Martinez's value was simply for his bat as a DH-1B and No 2 catcher if necessary. No one was interested in him to catch 130-plus games.

So even if a team wanted him for 60 to 80 games as a catcher, the only teams that would be interested in giving him a big contract (for his bat) are teams that can give him another 80 to 100 games at DH or 1B, and that wasn't with Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Wait....Im not the only person on this board who believes that Justin Masterson is mediocre?

Sections
Shortcuts