Matt Garza Overrated?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Matt Garza Overrated?

Aren't most trolls negative by definition. Isn't Negative and Trolls redundant. When would a troll ever wish to be positive?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When someone says Jake will be the next Teddy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Garza Overrated?:
    [QUOTE]Aren't most trolls negative by definition. Isn't Negative and Trolls redundant. When would a troll ever wish to be positive?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

That's true. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]When someone says Jake will be the next Teddy?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

If he didn't say it this year, I'm guessing it's never gonna happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just an example of a "positive troll" statement... like saying "The Sox will win 115 games in 2012!" An obvious statement meant to incite criticism, but a positive statement nonetheless. (from the Sox point of view)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawckinSox. Show RawckinSox's posts

The Red Sox at the moment are a 85 - 90 win team right now at the moment in my opinion. A downgrade at closer, and a potiential downgrade at setup duty, two big  question marks in our rotation, a question mark in RF, a probably decline in Jacobys stats from last year, (does anyone really honestly think he'll improve or do just as well?) I really don't think their answers are in free agency, I mean Roy Oswalt? A career NL pitcher coming over to the AL East? Do we really think he will do well here at this point in his career? Aspecially with a 10 - 15 million dollar price tag he'll probably command in 2012 for 1 possibly 2 years? Then there is Kuroda, I think the same thing I just said for Oswalt could be said for Kuroda as well. The only one I might be okay with in free agency is Joe Saunders at the right price...maybe 5 million or so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Red Sox at the moment are a 85 - 90 win team right now at the moment in my opinion. A downgrade at closer, and a potiential downgrade at setup duty, two big  question marks in our rotation, a question mark in RF, a probably decline in Jacobys stats from last year, (does anyone really honestly think he'll improve or do just as well?)

Is Bard and Aceves a "downgrade" from Lackey, Wake, Miller, Bedard, and Weiland?

Does anyone really honestly think Crawford will not improve or do just as well?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Just an example of a "positive troll" statement... like saying "The Sox will win 115 games in 2012!" An obvious statement meant to incite criticism, but a positive statement nonetheless. (from the Sox point of view)

Hey, dream big! :) FTR we could use more positive statements on the board. It shouldn't incite anyone. If they think it's ridiculous, they should just laugh it off. Negative fans can be extreme here, why not positive fans? Team boards are for dreamers as well as realistic and pessimistic fans.

Dreamers -- Jack Savoretti

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Matt Garza Overrated?": [QUOTE]The Red Sox at the moment are a 85 - 90 win team right now at the moment in my opinion. A downgrade at closer, and a potiential downgrade at setup duty, two big  question marks in our rotation, a question mark in RF, a probably decline in Jacobys stats from last year, (does anyone really honestly think he'll improve or do just as well?) I really don't think their answers are in free agency, I mean Roy Oswalt? A career NL pitcher coming over to the AL East? Do we really think he will do well here at this point in his career? Aspecially with a 10 - 15 million dollar price tag he'll probably command in 2012 for 1 possibly 2 years? Then there is Kuroda, I think the same thing I just said for Oswalt could be said for Kuroda as well. The only one I might be okay with in free agency is Joe Saunders at the right price...maybe 5 million or so. Posted by RawckinSox[/QUOTE] Did you cut and paste these thoughts from Bleacher Report or are they your own?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Miami Marlins are interested in Matt Garza, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports:

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/mlbbuzz/marlins_interested_in_garza/9048817?new_post=true

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox at the moment are a 85 - 90 win team right now at the moment in my opinion. A downgrade at closer, and a potiential downgrade at setup duty, two big  question marks in our rotation, a question mark in RF, a probably decline in Jacobys stats from last year, (does anyone really honestly think he'll improve or do just as well?) Is Bard and Aceves a "downgrade" from Lackey, Wake, Miller, Bedard, and Weiland? Does anyone really honestly think Crawford will not improve or do just as well?

I agree 100%:  Crawford will do equally as poorly in 2012 as he did in 2011

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't disagree, but he'd still be ok as a number four.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If Theo believes that Crawford is worth 142 million over 7 years and if Theo is adamant that he didn't screw up royally on that signing, then let Theo put his money where his mouth is and in leui of compensation for his running out on his employer trade us Garza for Crawford.  Surely a 142 million dollar man is equal to a #3 or 4 starter.