Matt Kemp & Jacobie Ellsberry

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Matt Kemp & Jacobie Ellsberry

Kemp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pathetic, childish drivel.  Tomorrow we'll see a bunch more this post has been removed signs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Softbrain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ellsbury fangraphs value of 28.9 million this year with a 5.8 WAR and starting CF for World Series champions. Last 3 seasons many more games played and total WAR of 16.3 and value of 76.4 million.

Kemp fangraphs value of -2.1m this year and -0.4 WAR (hahahaha!). Out of the postseason for a team that badly needed him. Over the last 3 years he was worth 50.7 million and 11.2 WAR.

Who is better???

Kemps' career started over a year earlier than Ells, and despite that Ellsbury has produced 17 more million in value and 3.5 more WAR than Kemp for their CAREERS.

WOW

Softy WRONG again.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Would a struggling desperate team with financial resources (such as the Seattle Mariners) be better off signing Jacoby Ellsbury to a seven-year, $150 million contract (forfeiting a second-round draft pick) or trading, say, 22-year-old middle infielder Nick Franklin for Matt Kemp with the six years and $128 million remaining on Kemp's contract?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Would a struggling desperate team with financial resources (such as the Seattle Mariners) be better off signing Jacoby Ellsbury to a seven-year, $150 million contract (forfeiting a second-round draft pick) or trading, say, 22-year-old middle infielder Nick Franklin for Matt Kemp with the six years and $128 million remaining on Kemp's contract?

You would do neither.

kemp is an overpay at $21M+.  With his injury history, and his increasing K/W, it is too much to pay, even if offered for free.  Franklin is worth a substantial amount.

Nor would I sign Ellsbury if I were you, especially not to $150M/7.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Pathetic, childish drivel.  Tomorrow we'll see a bunch more this post has been removed signs.

Is it wrong to have cracked Softy like an egg, and watch him melt down like this?  It is a fascinating study to watch someone with a half-decent brain, just fall to pieces like this.

If/when I make a mistake, I try to figure out why, so I don't make the same mistake.  Softy is just flailing at everything now.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:

Joe, your histrionics draws attention to the fact that you, unlike Hill, make zero comment on the substance of those equating Ellsbury to Kemp. 

Instead of making up this phony serious tone about "melting down" and you trying to figure out why you made a mistake, let's see you discuss the merits of "WAR" and the actual production and games played average for Kemp and Ellsbury. I want to see you make an actual attempt to move beyond staying in a Holliday Inn Express and being more than the real Psychiatrist that you either go see or need to go see. 

Hahahahahahahaha

Psychobabble from Softy

Fangraphs value and WAR need to be explained to this guy? He doesn't understand Bill James baseball by now?

Ells and Kemp are different types of OFers. We know this.

The comaprison is to who has produced more wins and value for his team over the last..what.. 1, 3, SEVEN years? The stats don't lie, the man who was not on the DL for his teams postseason run produced millions more in value, several more wins and has TWO World Series trophies to show for it to the lesser impact players ZERO.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts