Matt Kemp deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docdeke. Show docdeke's posts

Matt Kemp deal

Maybe for Dempster, dodgers pay some salary and a couple of red sox prospects, contingent on games Kemp plays or something along them lines and probably will be a good deal for both teams

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Matt Kemp deal

Matt Kemp trade rumors: Red Sox bow out of Kemp chase

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/12/11/5200218/matt-kemp-trade-rumors-red-sox-bow-out-of-kemp-chase

Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo Follow

Too many "complications" to make a Matt Kemp deal work for the Red Sox according to an industry source, most notably recovery of ankle

Jon Heyman         @JonHeymanCBS Follow

#redsox have determined matt kemp isn't a fit at this time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to docdeke's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe for Dempster, dodgers pay some salary and a couple of red sox prospects, contingent on games Kemp plays or something along them lines and probably will be a good deal for both teams

[/QUOTE]

Wow!! Your not serious?  You couldn't even get a Carl Crawford Autograph baseball for Dumpster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Too many "complications" to make a Matt Kemp deal work for the Red Sox according to an industry source, most notably recovery of ankle

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They may not be able to trade him right now, but wait until ST when everyone is in panic mode because their 5th starter is named Joe Schmo, even the Dempster of the world have enough talent to replace all the Joe Schmo's on every teams roster. I'm not trying too imply that they would be able too acquire a player of Kemps calibre simply by offerring Dempster to them and I doubt the Dodgers are even looking for another old geezer to sit on the back burner as insurance. However there will be at least 2 teams come ST who will be in all out desparation mode.If I'm Ben Cherington I save all my bullets for the Tanaka sweepstakes just in case he's posted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

There are going to be many reasons why Ben cant make this deal to happen.  First is that how much the Dodgers is willing to eat of his salary??  Also more Dodgers eat his salary, they probably want as many top prospects in return.  Of course Ben is not willing to do that.  And last is that, how bad is his health?  So far I am seeing that at least three to four surgeries from shouder to ankle surgeries already performed on him, and do you think he is capable to run around in the CF for a full season?

Before I didnt read much about him, and I did want to come to Boston.  But more I read about him, I hope Ben C do stay away from him!!   Remember he will have another six more years left in his contract.  I would wait until he play next year hopefully still with the Dodgers, and see how he does in the first half, and maybe Ben C. can go after him at the trading deadline if JBJ cant do his job!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They may not be able to trade him right now, but wait until ST when everyone is in panic mode because their 5th starter is named Joe Schmo, even the Dempster of the world have enough talent to replace all the Joe Schmo's on every teams roster. I'm not trying too imply that they would be able too acquire a player of Kemps calibre simply by offerring Dempster to them and I doubt the Dodgers are even looking for another old geezer to sit on the back burner as insurance. However there will be at least 2 teams come ST who will be in all out desparation mode.If I'm Ben Cherington I save all my bullets for the Tanaka sweepstakes just in case he's posted.

[/QUOTE]

Tanaka would be a great pickup for the Sox. Just afraid they might be a little gun shy after dice k.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docdeke. Show docdeke's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thats why contingent on games played, will have better idea about his health then, at the least it would be more like a straight trade for Dempster salary-wise for this year and could just let him totally recover for a year then DH once big Papi is gone

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tanaka would be a great pickup for the Sox. Just afraid they might be a little gun shy after dice k.

[/QUOTE]

I really really hope he doesn't get posted this year.  Supposedly the Sox would be much more inclined to go after him next year when they are Dempster, peavy coming off the books.  Also it keeps the Yankees from getting him this year, depletes the starters market by one and jacks the price up on a Matt Garza type.  Although it does look as if NY is exploring trade possibilities (Masterson)

Which would effectively drain their farm of any talent they have left in it.  And next year with Arod coming back on their books I suspect we will be in a better position to outbid them than we would be now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

The Sox found something that they believe could cause him long term health issues so any potential deal is off.  What this probably means is Kemp goes on to have another All Star season and stays off the DL :)

I think our FO is gun shy on any trade involving prospects even if it were Stanton.  I doubt Demp has much value to anyone these days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

1. Jayson Stark @jaysonst 1m

Dodgers have no plans to trade Matt Kemp, his agent says. More in just-posted news story http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10120176/matt-kemp-remain-los-angeles-dodgers-agent-says 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really really hope he doesn't get posted this year.  Supposedly the Sox would be much more inclined to go after him next year when they are Dempster, peavy coming off the books.  Also it keeps the Yankees from getting him this year, depletes the starters market by one and jacks the price up on a Matt Garza type.  Although it does look as if NY is exploring trade possibilities (Masterson)

Which would effectively drain their farm of any talent they have left in it.  And next year with Arod coming back on their books I suspect we will be in a better position to outbid them than we would be now. 

[/QUOTE]

That would of course be contingent on the Yankees staying over the LT limit and not resetting the clock on overspending.  If they can come in under the luxury tax for one year, then they ar set up to have an unlimited budget again next year and overspend as much as they like.  That said, if ARod comes back this year and keeps them over the limit, it is something that would work to the benefit of the Sox and the rest of baseball. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp

Matt Kemp's agent, Dave Stewart, met with the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday and was told the team plans to hang onto the star outfielder rather than trading him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Matt Kemp's agent, Dave Stewart, met with the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday and was told the team plans to hang onto the star outfielder rather than trading him.

[/QUOTE]

I just think that they may try to play him first such as to play him in the entire spring training and hopefully he play well, and then maybe they can decide to trade him at the end of the spring training to a team that really desperate need a CF.

That is my thought!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I just think they have found out they are not going to get great value for him with his health up in the air. They probably figure it is better to get through the spring and if he shows he is healthy and hitting for power they would be in a netter position to move him or another OF

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox found something that they believe could cause him long term health issues so any potential deal is off.  What this probably means is Kemp goes on to have another All Star season and stays off the DL :)

I think our FO is gun shy on any trade involving prospects even if it were Stanton.  I doubt Demp has much value to anyone these days.

[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow!! Your not serious?  You couldn't even get a Carl Crawford Autograph baseball for Dumpster.

[/QUOTE]

You can't get Crawford's autograph for Kemp either, at his present cost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I would rather get Dice-K's autograph than Crawford's.   LOL  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just think that they may try to play him first such as to play him in the entire spring training and hopefully he play well, and then maybe they can decide to trade him at the end of the spring training to a team that really desperate need a CF.

That is my thought!!

[/QUOTE] agree, but then again how many times have we heard "we have no plans" to trade so and so right before the trade of said player??...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is my thought!!

[/QUOTE]

That SHOULD be their thought too.  It would be foolish to trade him now.  It would have been like trading Ellsbury after the 2010 or 2012 seasons like so many wanted to do around here.  They'd be getting $.50 on the dollar...IF THAT.

Sections
Shortcuts