Matt Kemp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Matt Kemp

I hope Sox try to get him in a trade.  It's getting more realistic that Kemp won't be a Dodger after next season even if Dodgers hold on to him this offseason considering their finance issue.  In a good packaged offer, Dodgers might bite. 

Youk (Lars Anderson), Reddick (Ryan Kalish if they insist), Doubront & a player they want (not a highly rated prospect) for Kemp & PTBN.  The best thing is we don't have to give them Ells.  

I don't see Ethier coming back for next season.  They need RF who's ready to take over right away.  Kalish or Reddick fill that spot right away. 

If we send either Youk or Lars, they can trade Loney, with his high value, and replace him with Youk or Lars.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Re: Matt Kemp

I like Kemp a lot.
    However, offering the Dodgers a pile of crap for him, as you suggested, isn't going to get it done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Matt Kemp:
    I hope Sox try to get him in a trade.  It's getting more realistic that Kemp won't be a Dodger after next season even if Dodgers hold on to him this offseason considering their finance issue.  In a good packaged offer, Dodgers might bite.  Youk (Lars Anderson), Reddick (Ryan Kalish if they insist), Doubront & a player they want (not a highly rated prospect) for Kemp & PTBN.  The best thing is we don't have to give them Ells.   I don't see Ethier coming back for next season.  They need RF who's ready to take over right away.  Kalish or Reddick fill that spot right away.  If we send either Youk or Lars, they can trade Loney, with his high value, and replace him with Youk or Lars.
    Posted by seannybboi

I suspect the Dodgers would get far better offers than a declining corner infielder who turns 33 in January and a package of non-elite prospects.

You mentioned the Dodgers' financial condition, but the $12 million owed Youkilis in 2012 approaches Kemp's salary in his final arbitration year working off his 2011 salary of $10.95 million.* Youkilis is owed another $13 million in 2013 (or a $1 million buyout).

The Dodgers might trade Matt Kemp for Jacoby Ellsbury straight-up only because Ellsbury offers an added year of team control.

* although one source projects Kemp's 2012 salary at $16.3 million:  http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/10/arbitration-eligibles-los-angeles-dodgers.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Matt Kemp for Jamie McCourt straight up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

By that I mean we can have Matt Kemp if we take Jamie off of Frank's hands

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sean - Youk is a high priced gamble to anyone right now. No way you will get Kemp for Youk and bench players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

I hope Sox try to get him in a trade.  It's getting more realistic that Kemp won't be a Dodger after next season even if Dodgers hold on to him this offseason considering their finance issue.  In a good packaged offer, Dodgers might bite.  Youk (Lars Anderson), Reddick (Ryan Kalish if they insist), Doubront & a player they want (not a highly rated prospect) for Kemp & PTBN.  The best thing is we don't have to give them Ells.   I don't see Ethier coming back for next season.  They need RF who's ready to take over right away.  Kalish or Reddick fill that spot right away.  If we send either Youk or Lars, they can trade Loney, with his high value, and replace him with Youk or Lars.
    Posted by seannybboi

You can't be serious.    No team in their right mind will take that package for Matt Kemp.    The Dodgers would be waving a white flag on their season before it even starts.    
    Better to wait until Kemp is a free agent.     Cherington will be told not to empty out the farm for what few prospects they have now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I don't think Kemp would be a good fit in Boston. furthermore, I don't think he would have produced those numbers if he was in Boston last season. He has all the talent in the world, but he's also a bit of a headcase and gets lazy. The key to his success last season was Mattingly, and I think Mattingly will be the key to him continuing to put those kind of numbers up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I seriously think we would have to throw in at least one other low leverl high ceiling prospect, like a Brandon Jacobs or a Xander Bogaerts, and likely both to get that deal done.......and that is assuming L.A. doesn't want any MLB ready pitching like a Daniel Bard/Clay Buccholz.

Not likely, although I would welcome Kemp with open arms. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

This will probably sound nuts to most of you but I would welcome Bay back to Boston. He exceled here, and going to the Mets would be enough to make anyone throw-up.
    I bet we could get him for a song.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Insane OP.  Kemp is very highly rated, and the Sox get him for a song? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

This is getting tiring.  Stop overrating prospects.  Minor League baseball has one sox player in the top 50 and that's Iglesias. Lavarnway  and Middlebrooks may be the only others that rate in many of the top 100 ratings.Lars is on the threshhold between prospect and minor league lifer. Kalish could not even make the roster and Reddick lost his job when JD returned.  Over the past three years JD played more games than Youk. This is garbage and only  sox fans do not see it.
    Kemp is one of the premier players in MLB. Why would the Dodgers be interested in what the sox don't have. Prospects.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Posted by seannybboi

I love your assertion that you don't have to give up Ellsubry. You think that's a good package? 33 year old Youk, career AAAA player Anderson, AAAA player Reddick, unproven Doubront. and a non-highly rated prospect? All for one of the best players in all of baseball.

HAHAHAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Kemp:
    This is getting tiring.  Stop overrating prospects.  Minor League baseball has one sox player in the top 50 and that's Iglesias. Lavarnway  and Middlebrooks may be the only others that rate in many of the top 100 ratings.Lars is on the threshhold between prospect and minor league lifer. Kalish could not even make the roster and Reddick lost his job when JD returned.  Over the past three years JD played more games than Youk. This is garbage and only  sox fans do not see it. Kemp is one of the premier players in MLB. Why would the Dodgers be interested in what the sox don't have. Prospects.
    Posted by accland

Middlebrooks is only hitting .255 in the AFL, which isn't good at all in the dry air of Arizona.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I have to agree with the other posters. Kemp would be a great addition but we would never get him for the players mentioned. If the Dodgers make him available there will be plenty of other teams that would be willing to offer better players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The Red Sox could probably get Kemp straight up for Ellsbury. The benefit to the Dodgers would be the extra year for Ellsbury.

The benefit for the Red Sox is that you'd get the righthanded outfield bat they so desperately need. If Kalish turns into anything, you'd have your LRL outfield,
    and one of the top two righty outfield bats in all of baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

The Red Sox could probably get Kemp straight up for Ellsbury. The benefit to the Dodgers would be the extra year for Ellsbury. The benefit for the Red Sox is that you'd get the righthanded outfield bat they so desperately need. If Kalish turns into anything, you'd have your LRL outfield, and one of the top two righty outfield bats in all of baseball.
    Posted by ADG

I really hope that the Sox don't trade Ells. I am anxious to see him next spring pick right up where he left off. I really like Kemp but not for Ells.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

I like Kemp a lot. However, offering the Dodgers a pile of crap for him, as you suggested, isn't going to get it done.
    Posted by GhostofTito

That offer was a disservice to piles of crap everywhere.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Yes, crmn19, the proposal realllllly stinks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The Dodger's ownership is first and foremost on Selig's to-do list...Now that the McCourts have settled thier divorce proceedings. Bud will now turn his attention to making life misaralbe for Frankie boy and in the best interest of baseball will step in a force him to sell. That means that anyone trying to deal for Dodgers players will have to get MLB approval and moving a player of Kemp's ability will come under a ton of scrutinty...

Selig wants McCourt gone sooner as opposed to later having a player of Kemops ability on the squad is soemthing that I would imagine Selig would want to be able to give the new owners a shot at retaining him...So he won't let them give him away....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Sean - Youk is a high priced gamble to anyone right now. No way you will get Kemp for Youk and bench players.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Youk as no trade value and won't until this spring when he has the chance to show teams that he's healthy and can pass a physical...the sports hernia is the least of my concerns, it's the hip that gives me pause...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I think Softy put him up to this ...

while Softy would be serious, the OP author must surely have been laughing at Softy when he did it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Not sure why we would get Kemp with how things are now. We cannot just buy more all*stars.  He would look good in the outfield though, really good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

The Dodgers might trade Matt Kemp for Jacoby Ellsbury straight-up only because Ellsbury offers an added year of team control.

If that is true, the deal should have been done last summer. 

Red Sox should go ahead and offer Ellsbury, plus, if necessary, one or even two more players of their choice  from Lowrie and any farm hand except Ranaudo, Middlebrooks, Kalish, Iglesias, Reddick, Barnes, Jacobs, Wilson and Bradley. I have already outlined the extension terms for Kemp. 

With Crawford, Ellsbury needs to be traded this winter. Kemp is the type of profile to extend long term, not Ellsbury. 

Hernandez needs to be signed as FA to be 2012 starting catcher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I might do Ellsbury for Kemp straight up. But trading the only 30/30 guy in Red Sox history would give me pause. Now if the Dodgers would take Crawford and a couple of prospects for Kemp, I'd probably bite on that.

Sections
Shortcuts