Matt Kemp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: Matt Kemp

In Response to Matt Kemp:
    [QUOTE]I hope Sox try to get him in a trade.  It's getting more realistic that Kemp won't be a Dodger after next season even if Dodgers hold on to him this offseason considering their finance issue.  In a good packaged offer, Dodgers might bite.  Youk (Lars Anderson), Reddick (Ryan Kalish if they insist), Doubront & a player they want (not a highly rated prospect) for Kemp & PTBN.  The best thing is we don't have to give them Ells.   I don't see Ethier coming back for next season.  They need RF who's ready to take over right away.  Kalish or Reddick fill that spot right away.  If we send either Youk or Lars, they can trade Loney, with his high value, and replace him with Youk or Lars.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Are you joking?

Lars Anderson has next to zero value in the market.
    Kevin Youkilis is damaged goods.

Where did you come up with this? Boston has the nickname "The Hub" but it certainly isn't the hub of the baseball world. I bet you think we could get Kemp AND Ethier for a baker's dozen of Dunkin' Donuts too. Make 'em all Jelly and the Dodger would toss in Loney! lololololol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Crawford is a Red Sox, and he's not going anywhere, unless Boston picks up a substantial portion of his salary. And, Kemp for Crawford is more inane than the OP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Kemp:
    [QUOTE]Crawford is a Red Sox, and he's not going anywhere, unless Boston picks up a substantial portion of his salary. And, Kemp for Crawford is more inane than the OP.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]Well then, I suppose I'll just have to be happy with Ells in CF going forward. And IMO the Crawford deal will look a lot better next year than it did this. Crawford's a stand up guy who has always been a star. I think he'll revert to form.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Kemp : Burrittoo, it's all stars, not all*stars; now go do your homework!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Pathetic, and typical, correction, by a certified repetitive nimcompoop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

OP: Please pass the pipe before you run out of the really good stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Well then, I suppose I'll just have to be happy with Ells in CF going forward.

Ellsbury only has 2 more years, going forward. A decision must be made now to either extend him, not realistically possible with Crawford, or sell high with 2 years of control. Kemp is one year and the type of profile for the Red Sox to extend, not Ellsbury. Epstein made sure of that with 142M COMMITMENT TO CRAWFORD.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. this one's for you and Softy - since Kemp isn't actually going to come here I thought this might be the next best thing...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If Crawford is here there is no Elles beyond 2012, unsure why some of you are too stubborn to admit it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]If Crawford is here there is no Elles beyond 2012, unsure why some of you are too stubborn to admit it.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]I would be one of those. I think the Sox can't afford not to extend Ells. How do you not extend your own guy who's a 30/30 man? How can you even spin that to your fan base? Seriously, Fenway sellout streak? Buh-bye. All those Nesn subscriptions? Gone. I know that the Crawford contract is a load on the organization, but Henry and co. are coining money at Fenway right now. They absolutely can afford Crawford and Ells in the Red Sox outfield. Plus, if Crawford has a big rebound year next year (which I strongly suspect he will) he's a guy who could be dealt, possibly to the Haloes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]I like Kemp a lot. However, offering the Dodgers a pile of crap for him, as you suggested, isn't going to get it done.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

What a fan...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Sox try to get him in a trade.  It's getting more realistic that Kemp won't be a Dodger after next season even if Dodgers hold on to him this offseason considering their finance issue.  In a good packaged offer, Dodgers might bite.  Youk (Lars Anderson), Reddick (Ryan Kalish if they insist), Doubront & a player they want (not a highly rated prospect) for Kemp & PTBN.  The best thing is we don't have to give them Ells.   I don't see Ethier coming back for next season.  They need RF who's ready to take over right away.  Kalish or Reddick fill that spot right away.  If we send either Youk or Lars, they can trade Loney, with his high value, and replace him with Youk or Lars.

Kemp is a long shot and a guy the Yankees will surely be after.  If we can't come to terms with Boras over a new contract for Jacoby I doubt the Dodgers will want to negotiate with Scott either.  I don't see a Jacoby/Kemp trade working but crazier things have happened.  I'm not sure the Sox have the pieces to get Kemp any other way but signing him as as a FA.  If we sacrafice Youk in a package there may be a possibility because I think the Dodgers also lose Loney soon which could allow Youk to move back to 1B.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Kemp : Well then, I suppose I'll just have to be happy with Ells in CF going forward. And IMO the Crawford deal will look a lot better next year than it did this. Crawford's a stand up guy who has always been a star. I think he'll revert to form.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

You should be.  JElls just turned in an amazing all-around season.    Avg, speed, pop, OBP....and he was clutch.  30/30 is a rare commodity in and of itself, and he has a short, compact swing, which should continue to produce. 

Crawford had a career .337 OBP, PRIOR to last season.  I believe he will improve next season over 2011, but I have never considered him a star.  Nice all-around player with an awful contract.  There are games that he will be fun to watch, though.  He can be dynamic at times, but Ells is a much, much better player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

What? I'm not a fan, because I don't think your trade proposal was remotely realistic?
    Amazing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Youkilis do have a trade value only if he is playing at 1B.  

That is why you need to trade Youkilis to a team that desperate need a 1B. Maybe the Cubs would take him if Fielder or Pujols refuse to signs with them.  Meaning the Cubs could be the third team as a three way trade with Boston and LAD.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Having Ellsbury and Kemp both would be the best case. Not sure if that can be done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

I dont know where you get your information but it is completely inaccurate.... show me anything that states Kemp wont be a Dodger next year? He is their best player and they want to get rid of him??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Eastern Oregon, another member of the stooges. Why are you on this forum? You aren't a Red Sox fan; you don't have an opinion about the Sox.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I OFTEN look at the Sox very differently than you do. I realize that my opinion about the Sox means nothing. When EVERYONE has an OPINION the value of ONE thought is diminished. I barely have an opinion on the tie I wore today and the one I'll wear tomorrow. Fact is I CHOSE those ties and that's when I was done expressing my opinion on them. Shall we ALL have an opinion on Matt Kemp as a Red Sox? Why? Because someone dreamed about him in the outfield? Hardly worth even talking about...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

2004Idiots calls WesternOregon as EasternOregon. Need we say anything more?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Having Ellsbury and Kemp both would be the best case. Not sure if that can be done.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Perhaps if all of Red Sox Nation buys rabbit feet and wishes on a star simultaneously MLB will realize that what we want for a roster is actually at the heart of what's important in baseball!

Then we can wish for and get a rotation with Felix Hernandez, Roy Halladay, Justin Verlander, C.C. Sabathia and Clayton Kershaw.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Kemp : Perhaps if all of Red Sox Nation buys rabbit feet and wishes on a star simultaneously MLB will realize that what we want for a roster is actually at the heart of what's important in baseball! Then we can wish for and get a rotation with Felix Hernandez, Roy Halladay, Justin Verlander, C.C. Sabathia and Clayton Kershaw.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]Only two of those guys in the rotation would be fine by me LOL. After all we need to leave room for Josh, Jon and Clay.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I know on a team spcific website, you get a lot of lopsided trade proposals.  But this one is really, really bad...