Max and Verlander

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Max and Verlander

Far too many folks assume we will play the Cards. First things first. Beating Max because we cannot even think about facing Verlander on Sunday. Too nervous to even watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Max and Verlander

In response to boboinfla's comment:

Far too many folks assume we will play the Cards. First things first. Beating Max because we cannot even think about facing Verlander on Sunday. Too nervous to even watch.

=======================================

I agree with you 100% and, in fact,  have dusted off my copy of Dale Carnegie's "Power of Positive Thinking" and I am confident the Tigers will not beat us, at least, in 2 games in Fenway. However, since Yogi says it ain't over til it's over, once we win we'll have 3-4 days to post about beating the Cards. Everyone of our games has been close and either team with a key hit could have won and either could have been 4-0. But I would love a breather---Tigers thought they had it with 5-0 lead in the 5th in game 2---like the Cards had last night vs LA and so what if some fans are bored with a blowout.

Bring it home today boys as it this were Game 7. I don't give a hoot about lost revenues at Fenway, TV ads revenues too and probably many baseball fans liking the excitement of our series as opposed to the Nat League's, of seeing a Game 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You are both sounding like the FOX announcers , who kiss the behinds of the Detroit Tigers.

A. Yes, Scherzer and Verlander are good pitchers.

B. The Red Sox won both games started by these two.

C. Comerica Park is a more "pitcher friendly" ballpark than Fenway....this is where Scherzer and Verlander get a little help with their stats....pitching half their games in a ballpark that is more forgiving to mistakes.

D. Let"s face it, don't you think Lester , Buchholz or Lackey could possibly win 20 games if they had to frequently face KC, Chicago WS , Minnesota and Cleveland's punchless lineups instead of Baltimore, NY Yankees, Toronto and Tampa Bay?...this Detroit team is good, but really they cruised to 1st place in relatively weak division.

C'mon people, it's not as if the RedSox are facing Orel Hershiser and Bob Gibson...Scherzer gets the benefits of pitching in pitcher's park with alot of run support, Verlander is not having his best year. The Tigers are the team with their backs to the wall, they are in our house.

They are the ones that should be "too nervous to watch" , they are the team that is supposed to be here...the RedS ox were not supposed to make the playoffs this year...remember what all the "experts" said back in April?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You are both sounding like the FOX announcers , who kiss the behinds of the Detroit Tigers.

A. Yes, Scherzer and Verlander are good pitchers.

B. The Red Sox won both games started by these two.

C. Comerica Park is a more "pitcher friendly" ballpark than Fenway....this is where Scherzer and Verlander get a little help with their stats....pitching half their games in a ballpark that is more forgiving to mistakes.

D. Lets' face it, don't you think Lester , Buchholz or Lackey could possibly win 20 games if they had to frequently face KC, Chicago WS , Minnesota and Cleveland's punchless lineups instead of Baltimore, NY Yankees, Toronto and Tampa Bay?...this Detroit team is good, but really they  cruised to 1st place in relatively weal division.

C'mon people, it's not as if the RedSox are facing Orel Hershiser and Bob Gibson...Scherzer gets the benefits of pitching in pitcher's park with alot of run support, Verlander is not having his best year. The Tigers are the team with their backs to the wall, they are in our house.

They are the ones that should be "too nervous to watch" , they are the team that is supposed to be here...the RedS ox were not supposed to make the playoffs this year...remember what all the "experts" said back in April?

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel pretty good about the Sox chances of being able to win 1 out of the next 2 games at Fenway.  That said, I really do not want to see this series go to Game 7.  It's been nerve-wracking enough.  A Game 7 would likely put me over the edge.  LOL

I am really nervous about tonight's game.  I have already had to walk away from the tv on more than one occasion in this series.

Get it done tonight boys!

Sections
Shortcuts