May 3rd. Three in a row!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

May 3rd. Three in a row!

The machine is starting to run a lot smoother. Crawford is getting his confidence back and even Saltalamacchia is stroking it (just wish he'd lay off the 2-0 pitches out of the zone).
    It's funny how Youk and Pedey have usually been the ones to carry this team and now it seems everyone else has stepped up to carry them for a while.
    Looking for more exploding offense in the days and weeks to come. We certainly have the Halos' number to be sure. Let's carry that momentum through and make May at least a .675 month.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: May 1st. One in a row!

LET'S GET 4 IN A ROW FROM THE ANGELS !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: May 1st. One in a row!:
    [QUOTE]This team is too good for all this worry, last year we had major injuries, rookies all over the place, and they kept fighting. Absolutely the worst Bullpen in years, and kept going. We'll be OK.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

It will be a tough row to hoe. We've dug ourselves a hole, and having a difficult time clibing out of it. We can't keep moving 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.
    It's far too long into the season to blame this on a poor ST prep. Until we get some leadership on this team, I'm afraid were in for long season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

Please explain why you have diagnosed the problem to be a leadership problem?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May 1st. One in a row! : It will be a tough row to hoe. We've dug ourselves a hole, and having a difficult time clibing out of it. We can't keep moving 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. It's far too long into the season to blame this on a poor ST prep. Until we get some leadership on this team, I'm afraid were in for long season.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

In my eyes, you are overshooting the mark.  The hole dug is not deep, especially for May 2.  Even if they only make up a game or two this entire month, they will still be right in the thick of it, and spring will not have even changed to summer.  And, yes, obviously, 2 steps forward, 3 steps back doesn't cut it.  But, with the starting pitching strong, i just don't see that continuing.  the offensive sputters of April, will turn to May lasers.  Call me rose-colored whatever, but good hitters are good hitters.  Poor start, but I fully expect the offense to get rolling.  They are already showing signs.  Just haven't quite put it together.  Yes, never mind the ST prep excuse.  That may have played into the poor start, may not have.  Whatever.  They started slow.  But they have been playing better ball overall, and that trend  should continue.  The leadership thing?  Can't go with you there.  Just don't see it.  The best led teams of all teams have gone through long spells where they struggle mightily.  Thats baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May 1st. One in a row! : It will be a tough row to hoe. We've dug ourselves a hole, and having a difficult time clibing out of it. We can't keep moving 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. It's far too long into the season to blame this on a poor ST prep. Until we get some leadership on this team, I'm afraid were in for long season.

5 games back with 135 to play. Yup, that's a wicked deep hole!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Not to mention, Ike, 6-4 in their last 10/10-5 in their last 15 is not "two steps forward, three steps back", really by mathematical definition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

This hole isn't deep, but it certainly is THERE. 

27 games into the season this team is 12-15 with 135 games remaining.  According to my very imprecise calculations it's going to take a minimum of 93 wins to have a shot at a Wild Card Spot.  That means they have to go 81-54 from here on in.  That's a .667 clip. 

CAN they do it?  Absolutely!  There's plenty of talent on this team to go .667 from here on in.  I believe in this team.  There's lots of potential offensive talent at every position  (ok, catching is a stretch but I still think Salty can hit) and I have absolute faith in the pitching staff.  Unlike others here, I also think Tito is a good enough manager to get 81 more wins this year.

The question is, WILL they do it?  They can, but they've got to start playing better than they have been playing!  The biggest deficiency I've seen thus far is their MLOB which is a function of that abysmal RISP average. 

C'mon, guys.  Get it going.  More than better hitting this team needs timely hitting. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May 1st. One in a row! : 5 games back with 135 to play. Yup, that's a wicked deep hole!!
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the word "deep" in my OP. I said hole, period. Quit reading what you want to read.
    A losing record so far translates into a hole and the team just isn't playing like one, hence the lack of leadership reference. A perfect example is a sub .200 catcher swinging at a 2-0 pitch up around his eyes with the bases loaded and popping out. He's done that twice now in the last 3 games.
    A team with a good leader would have had the take sign on. Or the player who puts the team ahead of his own ambitions would have taken that pitch. I see nine individuals on the field right now instead of a team. Just my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May 1st. One in a row! : I didn't see the word "deep" in my OP. I said hole, period. Quit reading what you want to read. A losing record so far translates into a hole and the team just isn't playing like one, hence the lack of leadership reference. A perfect example is a sub .200 catcher swinging at a 2-0 pitch up around his eyes with the bases loaded and popping out. He's done that twice now in the last 3 games. A team with a good leader would have had the take sign on. Or the player who puts the team ahead of his own ambitions would have taken that pitch. I see nine individuals on the field right now instead of a team. Just my opinion.

Read my post again. I DIDN"T say you said it.
    I'm simply pointing out a 5 game lead in May is nothing.

Speaking of reading what you want, you're interpreting one at-batas an indictment of the team's leadership? That's laughable.

Ask yourself how quickly this team will turn things around if the Sox FO fires one of the most popular managers in the history of the franchise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Five games behind with more than one team ahead of you is not "nothing" at any time.  It represents ground that must be made up sometime.  It can be made up -- even quickly - if other teams stumble and you get hot.  But is far from nothing, and may amount to a big something in September.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Every journey begins with a single step