May 9th Sox vs Twins game thread!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Re: May 9th Sox vs Twins game thread!

GMT yes

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

All's well that ends well!!!  Seashells and balloons!!! Night all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

good start by Beckett, and relief after Paps blown save... Kudos to Tek & Crawford for the lone rbi's

"Twins eighth"
    Aceves pitching. L.Hughes grounded out, first baseman Ad.Gonzalez unassisted. Span hit an infield single to third. On Aceves' balk, Span to second. Tolbert fouled out to third baseman Youkilis. Papelbon pitching. Kubel singled to center, Span scored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

or rather kudos to Adrian for knocking in Tek.  Sox need more 2 for 4's from the Catcher

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

chalk up a game won by Tito ...excellent moves to push that winning run across

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

Great win but I wouldn't get too excited. papelbum blew the save and the win came against a journeyman starter for one of the worst teams in the majors and it took the sawx until extra innings to do so. But, heck, they fared better then the celtics did in their overtime!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

maybe so babe but did you see the hit the guy got? he hit a split that was down breaking his bat and the ball just made it to the outfield. I felt bad for paps. and the balk sure didn't help either. but a W is a W right babe?

I'll take it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: May 9th Sox vs Twins game thread!:
    [QUOTE]maybe so babe but did you see the hit the guy got? he hit a split that was down breaking his bat and the ball just made it to the outfield. I felt bad for paps. and the balk sure didn't help either. but a W is a W right babe? I'll take it.

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Like I said, great win. 

But if a win is a win, isn't a hit a hit?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Great win but I wouldn't get too excited. papelbum blew the save and the win came against a journeyman starter for one of the worst teams in the majors and it took the sawx until extra innings to do so. But, heck, they fared better then the celtics did in their overtime!!
    Posted by The-Babe-1[/QUOTE]

Why would we care what you'd do?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I went to the game.  Beckett looked great.  Gonzo was really fun to watch on defense and that RBI single on the first pitch was so sweet knowing that he wasn't gonna get a lot to hit.  Lowrie hit the sh1t out of the ball every time -- and that DB he turned w/ Pedroia was sick to see live.  The Tek Revival was palpable in the Fens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May 9th Sox vs Twins game thread! : Why would we care what you'd do?

Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

You obviously cared enough to read and respond.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May 9th Sox vs Twins game thread! : You obviously cared enough to read and respond.
    I only cared enough to tell you I didn't care. So there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Great win but I wouldn't get too excited. papelbum blew the save and the win came against a journeyman starter for one of the worst teams in the majors and it took the sawx until extra innings to do so. But, heck, they fared better then the celtics did in their overtime!!
    That was a tough " blown save."  The kind that set up men like Bard sometimes are charged with. Come in in the 8th, tying run in scoring position and give up one hit, it becomes a blown save. Paps came back out and held them in the 9th. That is why some stats can be deceiving.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Seems like Oki is turning into himself from the past.  Close for comfort, but 2 effective innings with record number pitches in a game in Sox uniform.

BP is still a concern.  Sox need an effective Jenks and Wheeler to hold teams in the late innings.

Starters are contributing to keeping Sox close in the race so far.  But BP and hitting need to come around.  Still plenty of time left.

Beckett, Bucholz and Lester are their reliable selves, and should be pitching at Bronx this weekend.  DiceK has righted himself in the past few starts.  Lackey is lacking something right now, but should be good in the long run.

Go Sox !

First time in a "private" group.  Have no idea what that means.

Sections
Shortcuts