MAYANS > TODAY'S non-theistic rationalists? If you knew for sure the world would end at 3A Pac time, what's the one thing you would do by then?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

For some reason, I get disappointed every time a doomsday prophesy doesn't come to fruition.  Y2K and the 2011 End Times predictions were big letdowns.  I'll check the news tomorrow anyway because I want to make sure I catch it live on TV if it happens.  

Still, somehow, I believe that some things will survive any cataclysm.  Pike's and Softy's multiple aliases will survive and communicate with each other.  They'll ban themselves periodically and reappear with rants about trolls, Tim Wastefield and extinct unionized labor.  Future life forms will discover these archaeological relics and form interesting conclusions about our confounding species. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Future life forms will discover these archaeological relics and form interesting conclusions about our confounding species.

If that's true let's take steps now to ensure the Globe's servers don't survive the cataclysm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Future life forms will discover these archaeological relics and form interesting conclusions about our confounding species.

If that's true let's take steps now to ensure the Globe's servers don't survive the cataclysm.

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

" it will come like a thief in the night" Any guesses who said that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Sorry.....add post button went crazy again

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I think it was Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I think it was Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

But he didn't know what it meant, he just thought it sounded like some bad sh!t to say to someone before he wasted them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I tried to convince my wife we should spend last night engaged in various intimate activities in case it was our last opportunity.  She declined, opting to decorate the house and wrap presents.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I tried to convince my wife we should spend last night engaged in various intimate activities in case it was our last opportunity.  She declined, opting to decorate the house and wrap presents.

That tells us far too much about you if the wife says no.....  ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

No.  that tells us a lot about how long they have been married.  Much like me, though I am married long enough to not even ask.

But yes, if I thought it was the end of times I would prefer to be doing that or hugging all my kids than anything else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Upon casual research in recent years, I've learned that while it is true that the Mayan civilization was killed off by drought. They were smart enough and knew about proper irrigation to help address the problem, but rather preferred to offer up religious sacrifices to save themselves. Needless to say, the latter was not a success. Given what little resources they had, they were great astronomers. The Universe is always expanding, so... perhaps they got a better look? Lol. But, yeah they only predicted ( if anything ) the end of an age and the start of a new one. Not the end of the world, despite it being very windy this morning. But hey, it is good for our economy to sell books, right? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from drdinduluth. Show drdinduluth's posts

Here is what really happened....

(M) Some end of the world, non-political humor. Enjoy. Image from @[271730554568:274:MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY].

Posted on the @[177486166274:274:Being Liberal] fan page.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from drdinduluth. Show drdinduluth's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to drdinduluth's comment:

Best post this year

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I just had a glass of beer and watched ESPN instead watching dumb news about this!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Upon casual research in recent years, I've learned that while it is true that the Mayan civilization was killed off by drought. They were smart enough and knew about proper irrigation to help address the problem, but rather preferred to offer up religious sacrifices to save themselves. Needless to say, the latter was not a success. Given what little resources they had, they were great astronomers. The Universe is always expanding, so... perhaps they got a better look? Lol. But, yeah they only predicted ( if anything ) the end of an age and the start of a new one. Not the end of the world, despite it being very windy this morning. But hey, it is good for our economy to sell books, right? 

So this could be the start of Yankee demise and Red Sox rise to the top?  And the Mayans predicted that?  Is smiley-beni Mayan?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

So this could be the start of Yankee demise and Red Sox rise to the top?  And the Mayans predicted that?  Is smiley-beni Mayan?

Yes. That's exactly what they meant. Everyone knows this. Even with the signing of all these veterans, the Sox are still younger than the Yanks. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

was at work at 3am centeral time yesterday. Just a bunch of rain and wind. hardly world ending.

I get a laugh out of some people actually believing that stuff...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:

From your lips to God's ears.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

softy was for it before he was against it

Sections
Shortcuts