Maybe sitting Pedroia tonight not such a good idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Maybe sitting Pedroia tonight not such a good idea

Seems they missed his presence.  Day off tomorrow, so why tonight, too?  Gotta win every game you can, even against teams with losing records.  Pedey should've been in the whole game, not just late.

Guess it would help if the main hitters got something going, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Re: Maybe sitting Pedroia tonight not such a good idea

Ellsbury saw less fat fastballs, that's for sure. I'd love to see Ellsbury's numbers in Oakland.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe sitting Pedroia tonight not such a good idea:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbury saw less fat fastballs, that's for sure. I'd love to see Ellsbury's numbers in Oakland.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too! He'd probably have alot more triples.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Sox still have the best record in the AL and are headed toward 100 wins or so.  I think it is possible Francona knows what he is doing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

everyone needs some rest..whether they realize it or not..The 2 days will do Pedey good..On another note, I think Lester has been out of sorts all year, despite the great record..not as consistant as usual..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]Sox still have the best record in the AL and are headed toward 100 wins or so.  I think it is possible Francona knows what he is doing. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

well, anything's possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I felt bad for Jon last nite. pedey out was definately a bummer. however, not having bard or paps didn't help either. and I'll say it. we didn't hit and give jon more run support. chalk it up. still 1 1/2 up and heading to seattle.

GO SOX.
    good nite to watch the patriots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Maybe sitting Pedroia tonight not such a good idea:
    [QUOTE]Seems they missed his presence.  Day off tomorrow, so why tonight, too?  Gotta win every game you can, even against teams with losing records.  Pedey should've been in the whole game, not just late. Guess it would help if the main hitters got something going, too.
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]

hey rickerd2,
    We're never a better team with Pedrioa on the bench, but we're also a better team when the kids fresh and ready to go we're now in the dog days and even pedey needs a blow every now and then. With today an off day, after sitting last night it gives him two days to clear his head, and ready himself for the stretch.

Last night was a winnable game, Lester who didn't have his best stuff, battled before he lost command of the zone and the Twins starter matched him bullet for bullet. I'll take 2 out of 3 on the road after playing a big series with the Yanks...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yup me too beantown. that's some good comments you made and I agree. I think that alot of us are just simplly pre-ocupied with extending our lead over the guys from NY. including me. but like you said, take 2 outta 3 and take it out on the M's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I felt bad for Jon last nite. pedey out was definately a bummer. however, not having bard or paps didn't help either. and I'll say it. we didn't hit and give jon more run support. chalk it up. still 1 1/2 up and heading to seattle. GO SOX. good nite to watch the patriots.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]hey Big D, tough one last night, Lester pitching into a bit of bum luck...gets everyone at some point(Mo is exhibit A)...hey even an Energizer Bunny like Pedroia needs a blow now and again...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

mornin jetes! well chum it didn't take grandy long to get outta joe's doghouse! and yeah pedey deserved a nite off but you gotta remember that this kid is at the ballpark hours before anybody walking around with a bat in his hand looking for somebody, anybody to play catch with or whatnot. some one interviewed him one time and asked him if he had any hobbies. and he said yeah. baseball.

so ya win some and ya lose some and some even get rained out but ya dress for em all right jetes? 

tonight you got the halos one more time and I get to watch my patriots in their first pre-season exibition game. have a good one pal. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]mornin jetes! well chum it didn't take grandy long to get outta joe's doghouse! and yeah pedey deserved a nite off but you gotta remember that this kid is at the ballpark hours before anybody walking around with a bat in his hand looking for somebody, anybody to play catch with or whatnot. some one interviewed him one time and asked him if he had any hobbies. and he said yeah. baseball. so ya win some and ya lose some and some even get rained out but ya dress for em all right jetes?  tonight you got the halos one more time and I get to watch my patriots in their first pre-season exibition game. have a good one pal. 
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]thanks bud, you too.. enjoy that Pats' game...btw Yanks/Halos is a matinee today..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]everyone needs some rest..whether they realize it or not..The 2 days will do Pedey good..On another note, I think Lester has been out of sorts all year, despite the great record..not as consistant as usual..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I agree he hasn't had a dominant stretch like last year...but he did pitch well enough in everyone of his last 10 to get a win if he only got a little better run support. Let's remember for reasons only he and his coaches know, he always "starts the year slow and finishes strong", this year, he went down at the AS break, has had only four starts since being shut down for 20 days and hasn't found his groove. but it's not like he's getting killed either...

In his last 10 starts his era is 2.62 with a 1.10 WHIP...The Sox are 5 & 5 in those games and even last night he kept us in the game.. in the 5 games we lost with Lester on the bump, we scored a total of 8 runs about 1.6 per game, and in those starts (5), Lester was charged with 12 earned runs or aboutr 2.4 per game, last night and the Milwaukee game we're the only two he gave up more than 3 runs.

Last Ten Starts
    DATEW/L IP H R ER HR BB SO Pit  ERA
    8-10MIN L 7.1 8 4 4054119 3.32
    8-5NYY L 65 3 3047108 3.23
    7-30CHW W 8 4 2 221898 3.17
    7-25KCND 5.1 7 1 102689 3.23
    7-5TORND4 0 0 001550 3.31
    6-30PHIW 7 2 0 0025120 3.43
    6-24PITL 6 8 3 2015107 3.66
    6-18MILL 8 7 4 3338115 3.70
    6-12TORW 8 2 1 1118102 3.73
    6-7NYYW 6 8 3 3015112 3.98
    Totals 4-465 51 211962161 1022.62

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

If the subject is now Jon Lester, I honestly think this is an off year for him.  For starters, the visit to the DL.  For another, the command/control problems.  Five walks against the Twins?  He still has a pretty good ERA, but is not nearly as dominant as in past years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]If the subject is now Jon Lester, I honestly think this is an off year for him.  For starters, the visit to the DL.  For another, the command/control problems.  Five walks against the Twins?  He still has a pretty good ERA, but is not nearly as dominant as in past years. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

His ERA and Whip are pretty much exactly the same as the past 4 years.  I don't think it is an off year.  I think people expect more from him than he gives.  This is what Lester is.  A very good but not great pitcher.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jimy was most famous for his got to rest him before a day off routine. I'm kind of like, well he's getting a day off the next day, he's getting paid a lot of money, and he's helping the team win, so let him get his day off the next day when in fact there is really a "day off" for the team. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]I felt bad for Jon last nite. pedey out was definately a bummer. however, not having bard or paps didn't help either. and I'll say it. we didn't hit and give jon more run support. chalk it up. still 1 1/2 up and heading to seattle. GO SOX. good nite to watch the patriots.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, must be a bummer taking the mound when you don't have your best offense taking the field.
    Too bad our relieves can't pitch more than 1 day in a row.....unless it's Aceves, Morales, Wheeler, or any other BP guy who isn't Bard or Papelbon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pedroia's replacement, Aviles, got a single and a double.  Pedroia might have done better, but I doubt it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It worked out offensively, but it still is a questionable move

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

It was a new game after Papi's HR and Pedroia was playing then. There goes the stupid premise which was an excuse to start another idiotic thread - out of boredom.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]It worked out offensively, but it still is a questionable move
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Aviles also made a nice play at second, which turned into a DP. The stint in RF is a different story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Maybe sitting Pedroia tonight not such a good idea:
    [QUOTE]Seems they missed his presence.  Day off tomorrow, so why tonight, too?  Gotta win every game you can, even against teams with losing records.  Pedey should've been in the whole game, not just late. Guess it would help if the main hitters got something going, too.
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]

We weren't going to run the table anyway.  5 runs was too much to give up.  And pitching with the lead would be nice for a change. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I TOLD YOU GUYS ON ANOTHER THREAD HE WAS TAKING THE DAY OFF. TERRY SAT YOUK THEN SCUTARO AND PEDROIA WAS NEXT. IT ALSO DOESN'T HURT THAT PEDROIA STATED IN THE LOCKER ROOM THAT HE WAS A BIT TIRED THE NIGHT BEFORE ACCORDING TO ONE REPORT. TERRY KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING WHEN IT COMES TO RESTING PEOPLE.

TERRY IS PLAYING TO ENSURE HIS TEAM IS READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS AND GIRADI IS PLAYING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ACCORDING TO ANOTHER REPORT.

VERY DIFFERENT ATTITUDE WHEN THEY BOTH ARE FAR AHEAD OF THE REST OF THE LEAGUE. AND A VERY DIFFERENT ATTITUDE IN PLAYING THE PLAYERS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The guys haven't had a day off in like three weeks.  Please.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

one extra-base hit in last 12 games...Laser needs a rest...I'm sure Pedey was pleading his case to play...watch Laser go on another tear...