Maybe, we are just not as good as we think we are ??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Maybe, we are just not as good as we think we are ??????

This is why you just do not give "TWILIGHT PLAYERS" long term, extensions, & big $$$$$$.......  Will come back to "bite" everytime !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Maybe, we are just not as good as we think we are ??????

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is why you just do not give "TWILIGHT PLAYERS" long term, extensions, & big $$$$$$.......  Will come back to "bite" everytime !!!

[/QUOTE]

Bill, I have no idea how your post relates remotely to the topic of your thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill, I have no idea how your post relates remotely to the topic of your thread.

[/QUOTE]Sorry Pumpsie, perhaps I was not CLEAR.......   13mil Victorino ?? 15mil+extension PAPI ?? Gomes 9+mil ???  Talk of Lester 20MIL+ ????  We are playing like bar room softball on a Sunday morning !!!   I know it's early.  But as DAD would say.............  "SON, it's later than you think" !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just 10 games into the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I think, 12 ???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I think, 12 ???

[/QUOTE]

I said maybe.

Then again, maybe not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Sorry Pumpsie, perhaps I was not CLEAR.......   13mil Victorino ?? 15mil+extension PAPI ?? Gomes 9+mil ???  Talk of Lester 20MIL+ ????  We are playing like bar room softball on a Sunday morning !!!   I know it's early.  But as DAD would say.............  "SON, it's later than you think" !!!

[/QUOTE]

So in your view "long term" means three years with two remaining? Thats how long Vic's contract is. Did he not contribute enough to the team last year? Papi was extended for what-one more year? And Gomes' contract expires at the end of this year. So where exactly is the long term part of your statement? Lester's extension is just talk right now. So which "twilight players" have been given "long term extensions and big $$"? Be specific, and use only currently players signed under those conditions. Or admit that your opening statement was in error.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So in your view "long term" means three years with two remaining? Thats how long Vic's contract is. Did he not contribute enough to the team last year? Papi was extended for what-one more year? And Gomes' contract expires at the end of this year. So where exactly is the long term part of your statement? Lester's extension is just talk right now. So which "twilight players" have been given "long term extensions and big $$"? Be specific, and use only currently players signed under those conditions. Or admit that your opening statement was in error.

[/QUOTE]Im just saying that so far we look like a "far cry" of what we were from September-October 2013 !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

As I have been saying since losing both Drew and Ellsbury while keeping Middy and our original LF in place "WE ARE NOT AND WON'T BE" as good as last season.  Sizemore could easily make up for the loss of Jacoby if he stays healthy but he needs to eventually play every day or close to it as does Shane.  If not our OF is pretty horrible which is why JBJ needs to mature quickly if possible.

Those who knock AJ?  Don't because Salty will end up hitting less with a lot more mental/throwing issues so get over the guy.  Put the blame where the blame belongs, along with top players like Pede and David who are also struggling.  Once we finally decide who plays LF, SS and 3B long term while we wait for Vasquez and Swihart to take over the catching duties we are what we are.  Weak defensively with very little power and as I said in ST the run production will be less than last season.  Same goes for our young pitching, we can talk all we want about how good someone may be but that does very little for us today so we probably shouldn't trade a starter until things change.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Im just saying that so far we look like a "far cry" of what we were from September-October 2013 !!!

[/QUOTE]

I am not debating that. The team is not playing well, no doubt. But your thread title was about signing guys in their twilight years to LONG TERM contracts for big bucks. Who has a LONG TERM contract for big bucks? Answer: no one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This is why you just do not give "TWILIGHT PLAYERS" long term, extensions, & big $$$$$$.......  Will come back to "bite" everytime !!!"

If we didn't win a single game this year it would be worth it for last season. 

got it?

By the way, we didn't sign guys to long term deals, 2 to 3 year deals max. 

A couple days ago you're advising people to calm down now you're jumping off a bridge.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Actually the author of the OP is so short-sighted he deems two year extensions as long-term... and apparently believes that $16 million per season is "big $$$$" in baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

One more cry for attention by Bill.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I have been saying since losing both Drew and Ellsbury while keeping Middy and our original LF in place "WE ARE NOT AND WON'T BE" as good as last season.  Sizemore could easily make up for the loss of Jacoby if he stays healthy but he needs to eventually play every day or close to it as does Shane.  If not our OF is pretty horrible which is why JBJ needs to mature quickly if possible.

Those who knock AJ?  Don't because Salty will end up hitting less with a lot more mental/throwing issues so get over the guy.  Put the blame where the blame belongs, along with top players like Pede and David who are also struggling.  Once we finally decide who plays LF, SS and 3B long term while we wait for Vasquez and Swihart to take over the catching duties we are what we are.  Weak defensively with very little power and as I said in ST the run production will be less than last season.  Same goes for our young pitching, we can talk all we want about how good someone may be but that does very little for us today so we probably shouldn't trade a starter until things change.

[/QUOTE]

We lost Drew, Ells and Salty from last year's lineup and they hit maybe thirty five homers between them. I'm pretty certain that Sizemore, Bogey and AJ will surpass that number. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with the start. But it is only a dozen games and to assume that we will have very little power makes no sense to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Anotherday-Yes' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again Pumpsie is being baited by a troll and swallowing it hook, line and sinker. BTW, Victorino is in the second year of a three year contract.  Bill is either senile or trolling, take your pick. Pumpsie is a retired pediatrician who is scuba diving in retirement and likes to call Sox players with grade school nicknames. My God, seven years of college and he acts like a grade school kid?  Pumpsie also has an email address called DickRadatz @ -------- and Radatz has been dead for five years.  Is this who Dottie assigned as a moderator?

Is anyone credible here at all here? Yet BDC Dottie has assigned stupid Pumpsie as a forum moderator. Unbelievable, apparently Dottie doesn't give a damn. One could shoot at a dartboard and get a better moderator.

Obviously the forum is dying. Dottie is a professional and she assigns stupid Pumpsie as a moderator? Unbelievabe. Unreal.

[/QUOTE]

Totally uncalled for.

While Pumpsie and I certainly had our issues last year with his nicknames at the same time he's come into 2014 with a new attitude.  He has implied that the WS victory last year was a cartharsis for him and he's now on board with this team, warts and all.  I have yet to hear him speak derogotorially (is that a word?) of any player on the team beyond the usual small gripes we all have from time to time.

I fail to see what he does/did professionally and what he does recreationally or what he has for email addresses has anything to do with his posts here.

The forum is not dying.  In fact it's a better form than it was a month ago before Dottie appointed the local mods, regardless of who they are.  It appears that the biggest problem we have now is PIKE and his reincarnations.

Ok, PG.  You're on your own now.  Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We lost Drew, Ells and Salty from last year's lineup and they hit maybe thirty five homers between them. I'm pretty certain that Sizemore, Bogey and AJ will surpass that number. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with the start. But it is only a dozen games and to assume that we will have very little power makes no sense to me.

[/QUOTE]

Time will tell but I still say we will lose more games and have less run production.  Our defense was already weak, now we have even less at SS and 3B.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I never did think this team would be that great this year anyway, so I'm not surprised at all this. I've been dreading the start of the season all winter for this very reason. Sad but true tale. I went into the NY series expecting to lose 3 of 4, so winning tonight would just be a bonus---and I HATE that it's a nationally televised game at NY, because the entire country will be focused on it if we get our heads handed to us. It will be "Yankee signings" and "Yanknee improvements" and "Jacoby Elsbury is a difference maker" all night. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually the author of the OP is so short-sighted he deems two year extensions as long-term... and apparently believes that $16 million per season is "big $$$$" in baseball.

[/QUOTE]Short-sighted ???  Not hardly......  Where is Victorino with his 2 years left ??? What is PAPI doing with his 15MIL+ Extension ???  Oh yes, how many people on this board thinks Jon Lester should get LONG TERM big $$$$$$$'s ?????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Two years is not long-term dim-bulb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Two years is not long-term dim-bulb.

[/QUOTE]Hey BAT-BOY, it certainly is when the player is not on the field or not producing !!!    As DAD would say........  "SMARTEN UP, PLEASE" !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Short-sighted ???  Not hardly......  Where is Victorino with his 2 years left ??? What is PAPI doing with his 15MIL+ Extension ???  Oh yes, how many people on this board thinks Jon Lester should get LONG TERM big $$$$$$$'s ?????

[/QUOTE]

Troll

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Troll

[/QUOTE]More childish remarks.......   & I thought that this was a baseball forum ???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Troll

[/QUOTE]More childish remarks.......   & I thought that this was a baseball forum ???

[/QUOTE]

I call it as I see it. Im sure you understand that....You make no sense and continually post garbage threads like this that make no sense To trash the team. Very trollish.

besides Pedey, nobody on this team has a long term deal. lester is Not in his twilight and Papi earned an extra year after his performance. Try making sense SOME sense please. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bill's threads are the Red Sox forum equivalent of Popeye the Sailor Man cartoons.