Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

Turns out Epstein didn't do that much.

"In the end, without question, Epstein had a hand in two world championships during his time in Boston. But it was only a hand. Duquette left him Ramirez and Pedro Martinez, among others. Bill Lajoie acquired him Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell."

Ouch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

Bombshell.

Bye bye Theo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

2 world series after an 86 year drought. Thanks a pass mark in my book.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.:
    [QUOTE]Turns out Epstein didn't do that much. "In the end, without question, Epstein had a hand in two world championships during his time in Boston. But it was only a hand. Duquette left him Ramirez and Pedro Martinez, among others. Bill Lajoie acquired him Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell." Ouch.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

Hey Law, you're right!! It's time to move on!

Feel better now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Hey Law, you're right!! It's time to move on! Feel better now?
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Law was right about Theo from day one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Theo's gone. Feel free to stop bashing him anytime. Or better yet, follow him over to a Cubs forum so Cubs fans can bask in the greatness that is you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

When you look at the guys Theo picked up when he first got on the job, Millar, Mueller, Ortiz...do you think he knew they were going to work out as well as they did and immediately make them a World Series contender? Or was he just plugging holes and it turned out much better than expected? 

I don't think it took a genius to realize that proven playoff performer and World Series MVP Curt Schilling would improve the team, but give him credit for actually going out and making it happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Theo was responsible for drafting Jonathan Papelbon , Clay Buchholz , Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby Ellsbury .
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Theo Epstein and Clay Buchholz are why the Red Sox don't have Roy Halladay.
    Epstein blew the Halladay deal and blew the chance to get Cliff Lee TWICE by refusing to part with Clay pigeon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]When you look at the guys Theo picked up when he first got on the job, Millar, Mueller, Ortiz...do you think he knew they were going to work out as well as they did and immediately make them a World Series contender? Or was he just plugging holes and it turned out much better than expected?  I don't think it took a genius to realize that proven playoff performer and World Series MVP Curt Schilling would improve the team, but give him credit for actually going out and making it happen.
    Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]

Early on, Lucchino (his actual Boss) was all over player personnel decisions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Early on, Lucchino (his actual Boss) was all over player personnel decisions.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Theo is out.  Life goes on.

The Red Sox need to first find a manager. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Theo is out.  Life goes on. The Red Sox need to first find a manager. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

Theo is out.
    Theo should have been out when he put on the gorilla suit.

Life goes on and life is good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

At least football life is good.  I pick the Packers and Patriots in the Super Bowl. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]Theo is out.  Life goes on. The Red Sox need to first find a manager. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

Troll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Mazz = hack Law = hacklover

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Mazz = hack Law = hacklover
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

So Law and Tony Mazz are trolls.

Haha!

Uh, still doesn't change the fact that BOTH were right about Theo for years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

True. The more FA players that were InEpstein contracts, the worse the team did. Agon was a correct move, but an obvious move. Crawford and Jenks were a joke! Cubs just did the Red Sox a huge favor by taking frat boy off the reservation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No doubt, you finally get your wish and now you want to canvass the board with more anti-Theo posts/threads.

Give it a rest already OurMan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Be prepared for a winter of discontent. Law comes out of hiding (escapee from the rubber room) as Theo is recognized by Chicago for his worth. Law will plague the board with various aliases after each is banned, as posters will have to wallow in his sick obsession.

Between him and Softlaw, this place will be unfit for literary habitation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Goodbye, Theo. Thank you for our two championships. I doubt keeping him in Boston would have been a good move with all the slamming posts and articles there would have been. It's official. The manager, players, coaches and the general manager were all to blame. Who's left?

Hope we get some decent players in return.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Goodbye, Theo. Thank you for our two championships. I doubt keeping him in Boston would have been a good move with all the slamming posts and articles there would have been. It's official. The manager, players, coaches and the general manager were all to blame. Who's left? Hope we get some decent players in return.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I can tell you what this board will get in return: A winter of Law/Softlaw stench. My hope is that BDC finds a way to permanently ban the likes of these two. I don't advocate banning as a rule, but these two go beyond the land of the sane.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : I can tell you what this board will get in return: A winter of Law/Softlaw stench . My hope is that BDC finds a way to permanently ban the likes of these two. I don't advocate banning as a rule, but these two go beyond the land of the sane.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

You know what's funny. I have no memory of Law. He must have been here before I got here, or still here a little after and posted on threads that might have been over my baseball knowledge head so I didn't read them. But from all the descriptions of him, it never sounded to me like he was a Sox fan. And when he was blamed for bumping threads, I knew for sure he wasn't a Sox fan.

Not to long ago, I read a thread started by "null" praising Law, and then a few posts later answering as Law. I'm pretty sure I know who Law is, and it doesn't surprise me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : You know what's funny. I have no memory of Law. He must have been here before I got here, or still here a little after and posted on threads that might have been over my baseball knowledge head so I didn't read them. But from all the descriptions of him, it never sounded to me like he was a Sox fan. And when he was blamed for bumping threads, I knew for sure he wasn't a Sox fan. Not to long ago, I read a thread started by "null" praising Law, and then a few posts later answering as Law. I'm pretty sure I know who Law is, and it doesn't surprise me.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]Just look for any post containing the terms Theo Chick or Pink Hat and you'll be hot on the Law trail.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Just look for any post containing the terms Theo Chick or Pink Hat and you'll be hot on the Law trail.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Well, I was a Theo Chick, and the whole "pink hat" thing is sexist, since I have a pink hat and a pink shirt as I'm sure many other female fans do as well. I'm also sure I'm not going to be his favorite poster, but I'll still never believe he's a Sox fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Well, I was a Theo Chick, and the whole "pink hat" thing is sexist, since I have a pink hat and a pink shirt as I'm sure many other female fans do as well. I'm also sure I'm not going to be his favorite poster, but I'll still never believe he's a Sox fan.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]He's not. His whole purpose in life is to bash other people for their mistakes. He's been doing it lately as ourman, and before that as indefatigablesoxfan I reckon. And he is definitely sexist.