Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.

In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : He's not. His whole purpose in life is to bash other people for their mistakes. He's been doing it lately as ourman, and before that as indefatigablesoxfan I reckon. And he is definitely sexist.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Indefatigablesoxfan was who "null" turned into on the thread I was talking about. Even though posters copied and replied to his posts as "null", all the original posts turned into Indefatigablesoxfan. I don't know how he did that. But, like I said, I'm pretty sure I know who he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Indefatigablesoxfan was who "null" turned into on the thread I was talking about. Even though posters copied and replied to his posts as "null", all the original posts turned into Indefatigablesoxfan. I don't know how he did that. But, like I said, I'm pretty sure I know who he is.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]So now you know why I asked you onto my friends' list. You have a very good mind. Do you give me unnecessary crap at times? I think so. But you speak your mind, and you think about your opinions before you post them. I like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : So now you know why I asked you onto my friends' list. You have a very good mind. Do you give me unnecessary crap at times? I think so. But you speak your mind, and you think about your opinions before you post them. I like that.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you why I accepted your friend request, because you asked me after you just got done saying on the board that you certainly would never have me on your list. It seemed sincere to me, or you wouldn't have done it. I respect that.

Also anyone on my friends' list already knows I speak my mind. It certainly doesn't mean they always agree with me, but they agree with free speech. I'm sure Jete, has a few "What is she saying now?" moments. As for me giving you, in your words "unnecessary" crap, I have to disagree with "unnecessary" lol I also think you know that may not change. But at least you know what you're getting into. :)  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Wait till she takes you off the list... it hurts  Tongue Out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Wait till she takes you off the list... it hurts  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You know what, Burrito? I wasn't happy about all the abuse you've been getting on another thread. Just thought you should know that. I was mad at you when I took you off my list as you know, and then you posted that you thought I was Pike. Do you think that was fair?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Theo Epstein and Clay Buchholz are why the Red Sox don't have Roy Halladay. Epstein blew the Halladay deal and blew the chance to get Cliff Lee TWICE by refusing to part with Halladay.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

damn! the only other one i have seen here other than me mention that we needed to go after these guys when they were available.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Well, I was a Theo Chick, and the whole "pink hat" thing is sexist, since I have a pink hat and a pink shirt as I'm sure many other female fans do as well. I'm also sure I'm not going to be his favorite poster, but I'll still never believe he's a Sox fan.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

that language is just used to marginalise someone who has a different opinion. the whole "us" and "them" thing. its being very small. only the truly insecure need to attack anyone as "them" (or to think that there is an "us").

we're all just people. all the same. with different thoughts and opinions all the time.

if one is not terribly insecure emotionally, you can share your thoughts and feelings and let them stand on their own.

peace

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Theo Ineptstein was a mediocre, at best, GM.  He failed to get an Ace free agent pitcher such as Halliday or Cliff Lee, and way overpaid for a fari-to-good (at the time) John Lacking.  To invest $140 mill for a guy who has never hit 20 Hr's in a season was the height of stupidity and incompetence!

Think about Drew, Cameron, Lugo, Wells, Clement; then think about Theo letting Pedro, Lowe and Johnny Damon go and you know this guy just could not make good big decisions as a GM.

Dan Duquette brought us Martinez and Manny, Damon, Teck and DLowe and they in turn got us our greatest year forever 2004 World Championship!

Theo deserves little credit, IMO, for 2007 either as Beckett and Mike Lowell were the big keys - acquired when Theo was fired and ran out of Fenway in the gorilla suit - it should have been a bozo the clown costume!

Glad he is gone - hopefully Crawford plays better next year and Lacking has a good year for the PawSox!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : damn! the only other one i have seen here other than me mention that we needed to go after these guys when they were available.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Law was here calling for these trades as Theo blew more offseasons than Linda Lovelace.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : I'll tell you why I accepted your friend request, because you asked me after you just got done saying on the board that you certainly would never have me on your list. It seemed sincere to me, or you wouldn't have done it. I respect that. Also anyone on my friends' list already knows I speak my mind. It certainly doesn't mean they always agree with me, but they agree with free speech. I'm sure Jete, has a few "What is she saying now?" moments. As for me giving you, in your words "unnecessary" crap, I have to disagree with "unnecessary" lol I also think you know that may not change. But at least you know what you're getting into. :)  
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]Well I do know what I'm getting into, that's for sure. If I didn't know better I'd guess you were from Maine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : that language is just used to marginalise someone who has a different opinion. the whole "us" and "them" thing. its being very small. only the truly insecure need to attack anyone as "them" (or to think that there is an "us"). we're all just people. all the same. with different thoughts and opinions all the time. if one is not terribly insecure emotionally, you can share your thoughts and feelings and let them stand on their own. peace

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. :
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]Here's Law bumping another thread he likes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : Here's Law bumping another thread he likes.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Maybe its refreshing to see honest discussions about the Red Sox and how certain contributors here predicted the fate of our Red Sox with Theo at the helm (rapid decline).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I don't advocate banning as a rule

A pity plea for censorship, from the resident embedded Board shill bully. Banning Moonslow and Harnazz would rid the board of stalking police routine and out to lunch homey propaganda on market value of Timmy T-Ball, INEpstein and Varitek. If it were up to these two drones, Epstein would have been given the extension he begged for and he might have re-signed the resident frat boy 40 year old parasites, Wakefield and Varitek.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't advocate banning as a rule A pity plea for censorship, from the resident embedded Board shill bully. Banning Moonslow and Harnazz would rid the board of stalking police routine and out to lunch homey propaganda on market value of Timmy T-Ball, INEpstein and Varitek. If it were up to these two drones, Epstein would have been given the extension he begged for and resigned the resident frat boy 40 year old parasites, Wakefield and Varitek.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

I know right?

This is just a mourning period for Theo Chicks.
    Epstein is gone after pretty much making every mistake and blunder Law predicted from day one.

Sox with a decent GM had a team capable of winning 6 World Series titles in the 2000s. Epstein blew 4 rings...almost makes him an ideal adult film star.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : I know right? This is just a mourning period for Theo Chicks. Epstein is gone after pretty much making every mistake and blunder Law predicted from day one. Sox with a decent GM had a team capable of winning 6 World Series titles in the 2000s. Epstein blew 4 rings...almost makes him an ideal adult film star.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]So, when can we look forward to you trotting off to a Cubs forum?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Softy,

your effort to rewrite history in your bassackwards point of view is laughable.

Sadly, it isn't the humorous type of laughter.

I wonder what your parents did to you that makes you such a hater.

Or is it purely a congentital thing?

If I was Mazz, I'd be tempted to consider libel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Calling political opponents "haters" has miled a lot of ground for the Left. It is now a word that has been expanded to mean censorship and the requirement of a monolithic dogma as advanced by the Left.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Calling political opponents "haters" has miled a lot of ground for the Left. It is now a word that has been expanded to mean censorship and the requirement of a monolithic dogma as advanced by the Left.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it, Hank,

But you just helped expand another stereotype.

Haters as I use the word on this forum has nothing to do with political stance.  I am not including politics in this at any point, only one's outlook toward the Red Sox, whether FO or players. 

I used the word to shorten my sometimes lengthy posts.  I am specifically talking about those people who cannot seem to find a good word to say about the Sox.  I don't give a flip - at least on this forum - what a person's political swing is.

I have been wrongly put in the liberal box and the conservative box.  But then there is no box for me ... not even libertarian.  Independent might work.  Sadly, I have personally judged our money and power driven "representatives" anything but MY representative.  All they really care about is either getting into power or staying there.  We are merely pawns for that acquisition of power.

Yet, I will trust in the process and hope for best.  I have studied governments across history and around the globe, and in spite of itself, we still have the best  blueprint.  WE THE PEOPLE, is still the best ... if only we would take responsibility and stop passing it off to powermongers ....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Calling political opponents "haters" has miled a lot of ground for the Left. It is now a word that has been expanded to mean censorship and the requirement of a monolithic dogma as advanced by the Left.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]Sorry, but most haters I've ever met were right wing reactionary fascists. Much like you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I am reminded of an old saying - "No matter how bad things get, they can always get worse." 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I am reminded of an old saying - "No matter how bad things get, they can always get worse." 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

You know where that line came from?

Joan Rivers' plastic surgeon.

:o)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mazz: Theo Epstein had LITTLE to do with Sox success. : that language is just used to marginalise someone who has a different opinion. the whole "us" and "them" thing. its being very small. only the truly insecure need to attack anyone as "them" (or to think that there is an "us"). we're all just people. all the same. with different thoughts and opinions all the time. if one is not terribly insecure emotionally, you can share your thoughts and feelings and let them stand on their own. peace

Agree. Live and let live. Everyone should be free to say what they want, especially on their own team's board. That's why I object to posters who come here to tell fans what they can and can't say.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Harnazz and Moonslow come here to tell fans what they cannot say and what they should say.